+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Altana
  • 1 Post By dispo

Thread: Rogue - 51BD ST DPS (Solo 2700+)

Soulwalker

Default Rogue - 51BD ST DPS (Solo 2700+)

Foreword: This was put together after talking with some rogues in game in messing around with my rotation. I am far from the first to make this build. I didn't plan on posting anything but after seeing a lack of any new rogue guide and many people asking about one I have dropped it here. If you have any suggestions to improve the build please let me know and I'll be happy to add them in!

10NB/51BD/5ASSSSSSS
    - OR -
    10NB/51BD/5Shade

Macros:

While under Blade and soul or Double Coup
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Keen Strike

While under Dualism
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Buff Rotation:
    cast Blade and Soul Parity
    cast Dualism
    cast Double Coup

Rotation:
    MAIN: Use appropriate builder macro based on your current buff 3 times, then dauntless striker and repeat
    UPKEEP: Press buff Rotation macro once every 20 seconds, use Kalerts to make this VERY easy
    - Keep up hellfire blades (Virulent poison if available)

Simple Kalert for buff management:

KA::AeGO2eNqdktFqwyAUhl8lT9CpManBK6MJ7GaMNrsLDBvNk LmkRDPo2MPPuJb2oheh/ArHc37
    146iQ8+Ctdo5C2tCjlSc9bbycPrSPmTpIXDzJ3k/mU1MG8gyhKi0hgxyzElAQzIt1iXam92GPl0/
    t23MrD8Yaf3o33Ti4tjeDtC6egjZKOUoKEGZKMVkGDKK8emmq3 RLBqBQEjuaSjqs8XlX/illa475
    u2K/Q5xIDhLGsKESGK45RxSiCK2GV7q3uvBkHKM+wiBIMH4Ud54PVC R/n413gmzLLS8FAkcJtCmt
    cc7K6wVdm3HURugjAj0OXVirNBrUfZ3uPOtYTOahkcSSvcgosl IVGC4IAIQzWfJut/yCT/jY+vNy
    Phv/4BOPH8f8AhAradA

- Note that there is an option in this build: Blade Tempo / Defensive stance / Sprint / 1% Crit
    Blade tempo, if played correctly, is never used since the other 3 buffs are 100% uptime. It only serves as a backup if you accidently double buff. Defensive stance is good for general movement and helping to survive forced aoe damage mechanics. Sprint is a short speed burst, very niche. The crit is crit. I'd suggest either taking defensive stance for utility or the 1% crit. (Also if you NEED more AOE utility, drop a crit out for Dancing Steel)

Build: https://imgur.com/a/Rv5olmx

(Alternatively 5 assassin instead of 5 Shade for 10% physical damage and POOIISSSONN. I didn't really have much time to test between the two and I was getting very similar numbers when I did)

My gear is still lacking in some places but it's around 2700 at 2+ minutes with 4/4 raid crystal and raid mainhand. Also if the raid already has someone applying a crit vulnerability debuff you can remove Dauntless strike for more damage.

Thanks to Penneh for helping me test out some variations in the rotation this morning!

EDIT: please disregard my parse. Numbers were apparently a couple hundred off due a BM hitting the same dummy when I was testing. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. This build still should do 2700+ with proper geared rogues.
    Last edited by Altana; 05-20-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you for this I really appreciate it. I have a question on Hundred Blades. Would you use this off cooldown while BnSP is up?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeaggro View Post
    Thank you for this I really appreciate it. I have a question on Hundred Blades. Would you use this off cooldown while BnSP is up?
    Right, I forgot to mention this, doh. It can be snapshotted on the last second of BnSP (Thanks rogue who told me that this morning whom I forget but will replace with their name when I remember). It doesn't appear to really help that much though... the utility for a little occasional AoE in most fights makes it a nice addition imo.

Soulwalker

Ok. I think I'll just use in my aoe rotation when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altana View Post
    Right, I forgot to mention this, doh. It can be snapshotted on the last second of BnSP (Thanks rogue who told me that this morning whom I forget but will replace with their name when I remember). It doesn't appear to really help that much though... the utility for a little occasional AoE in most fights makes it a nice addition imo.
    Using Dancing Steel/100 Blades to "extend" the duration of the higher dps dances and spend less time in Blade Tempo/Double Coup used to be a single target gain as they were about equal to your standard rotation in single target dps. Since then dance durations were increased and cool downs reduced so that you never need the 4th dance, the bonus from Deadly Dance was doubled for Bladedancer combo point builders, and all attacks now enable off hand abilities (instead of just Keen/Binary strike) so the rotation has changed from quick keen precision keen finisher outside dualism to just PS KS PS.

All of these combined results in continuing the normal rotation to have higher dps than snapshotting the better dances as was the practice in earlier versions of Rift.

So hold on to the channels for when you actually need some cleave, or for some disconnect when you know you won't need them for the aoe. Or don't even pick them up for pure single target tank n spank encounters.
    Last edited by Stihl; 05-17-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Shadowlander

Very dumb newb Q - as someone who didn't use these in WOW; where do I copy/paste the KA alerts text into..?

thanks for the guide btw - something I'm going to try out as my rogue continues his journey through Rift

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    Very dumb newb Q - as someone who didn't use these in WOW; where do I copy/paste the KA alerts text into..?

thanks for the guide btw - something I'm going to try out as my rogue continues his journey through Rift
    You need to download the Kalert addon if you haven't already. Then, after enabling it, type /kalert in game to open the menu. Click "file" at the top left and select import set. Copy the full KA code in and hit import. You should be good to go after.
    Last edited by Altana; 05-18-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Altana View Post
    Also if the raid already has someone applying a crit vulnerability debuff you can remove Dauntless strike for more damage.
    What finisher would you use instead? Deadly strike is the same damage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Erzebet View Post
    What finisher would you use instead? Deadly strike is the same damage
    Deadly strike is the same damage but you can take the point out of the Dauntless Strike node and drop it into something like +1 crit / utility / aoe utility etc. It's not a large increase for 1% crit but it's worth doing if you have something like a bunch of BDs in the same group and everyone is trying to min/max.

Shadowlander

"Solo 2700"

You have BM parsing on the same dummy Altana... GEEZ

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dispo View Post
    "Solo 2700"

You have BM parsing on the same dummy Altana... GEEZ

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Using Dancing Steel/100 Blades to "extend" the duration of the higher dps dances and spend less time in Blade Tempo/Double Coup used to be a single target gain as they were about equal to your standard rotation in single target dps. Since then dance durations were increased and cool downs reduced so that you never need the 4th dance, the bonus from Deadly Dance was doubled for Bladedancer combo point builders, and all attacks now enable off hand abilities (instead of just Keen/Binary strike) so the rotation has changed from quick keen precision keen finisher outside dualism to just PS KS PS.

All of these combined results in continuing the normal rotation to have higher dps than snapshotting the better dances as was the practice in earlier versions of Rift.

So hold on to the channels for when you actually need some cleave, or for some disconnect when you know you won't need them for the aoe. Or don't even pick them up for pure single target tank n spank encounters.
    The channels are proccing the pretty reliable AP proc from expert weapon, It's a pretty nice free AP bump.

Thanks for this! Really helped me out! The KAlert was great!

+ Reply to Thread