+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Benefactor (cleric healer spec) best option?

Soulwalker

Default Benefactor (cleric healer spec) best option?

Heya, the preset build, benefactor, is that the best option for cleric healing? and yes, I know, other healers are better. I'm level 47.
    Thanks in advance.

Soulwalker

Talking

I'm overwhelmed with the responses

Sorry broseph, but if you want to heal, you gotta re-roll a Warrior...this is RIFT Prime, not vanilla.

Not trolling, just being honest. My warchanter can fight 10+ mobs solo, it takes 2 minutes, but that's not bad at around 10 seconds a mob.
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Soulwalker

Wish I hadn't bothered with the cleric

Shadowlander

You don't want to roll a warrior. Phys (Rogue) and FrostKeeper(Mage) are much better options with more versatility (i.e they can actually do DPS).

Clerics CAN heal, but it's not nearly as good as the other classes for the moment. You don't say your level, so I'm going to assume that you're just starting out. The pre-built souls aren't terrible, and a good starting point. I like Purifier as a healer, but at lower levels it can be lack luster and it also doesn't have much in the way of group heals or oh **** buttons until you reach the top of the tree. Warden is great for AOE healing, but in keeping a tank standing, won't hold up. Sentinel has the strongest heals, but again the group heals are crap (even at higher levels). It will give you the most bang for your buck at lower levels. I would mix Sent/Warden/Puri personally. Get the shield from the Puri tree, along with flashover, and get the HOT from the warden tree. It will help with AOE, but it's still pretty minimal.

Shadowlander

FK is locked behind a 50k soul don't forget - at low levels Cleric is only option as opposed to Chloro which I see as disc priest but without the damage...

Shadowlander

With the increases in invasions, it's still do-able. Chloro isn't great at lower levels, and while it does do DPS, it's not the greatest, and the strongest throughput requires constant entropic veil toggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    FK is locked behind a 50k soul don't forget - at low levels Cleric is only option as opposed to Chloro which I see as disc priest but without the damage...

Soulwalker

I'm level 48. Using defiler for leveling, oracle for pvp and I have the pre built healer spec also. I have changed specs so many times, tried so many different ones I've been pulling hair out any other spec for pvp?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlobster View Post
    I'm level 48. Using defiler for leveling, oracle for pvp and I have the pre built healer spec also. I have changed specs so many times, tried so many different ones I've been pulling hair out any other spec for pvp?
    You should have specified this was for pvp in your original post, which was answered with pve advice.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    You should have specified this was for pvp in your original post, which was answered with pve advice.
    PVP or PVE. I would use the same for both but mostly for pve. I wanted some gear from dungeons and mostly went dps for pvp.

+ Reply to Thread