+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarrath

Thread: Warrior: Solo build that can handle multiple mobs

Default Warrior: Solo build that can handle multiple mobs

Looking for solo build I can cruise the vista with that can handle 3+ mobs and live. I know the souls are all screwy...we can't spend 76 points... can't get to the 61 abilities...and legendary crap, blah, blah, blah...

I just want a build that worked like my old RB/Reaver/Pally in vanilla (aggresive block, life taps and lots of fun AE and Dots...I know, the dream is dead). I could stand in the middle of 3-4 invasion groups in IPP (when it was a high end zone) and not die. I didn't kill stuff instantly (but I did kill faster than a pure tank) but I lived to tell the tale.

Anyone got any ideas? I know 12 Warlord is like a given for any survivability build, but what else to damage multiple targets consistently and live through it. I'm already running 51/12/3
    Paragon and it's great for ST, but I want dat AE!!
    Thanks in advance!

P.S. Don't bother posting if you only have negative things to say about warriors or are going to recommend another class, you can go [THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN BANNED AND SO WILL THE POSTER IF HE KEEPS IT UP] yourself.
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

King of Slackers
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Telaran

He just needs 50k planarite for this build. Prepare for a struggle!
    Khamet@Brutwacht
    <VANEN>

Question Prime worthy?

Without the additional points to spend being 50 and no masteries is this build really viable on Prime?

I assume this build also only works when grouped, solo would be bad.

King of Slackers

Beastmaster offsoul, second stand tall - GG
    Youtube
    Twitch

I'm actually looking into something with around 25 in Liberator. Ya, I still don't have the planarite for Warchanter yet, so it's not an option for a while...

...I'm still sore that Trion gave us access to these souls before the content they came with, but I guess that's what you have to do when you aren't going for real vanilla classes...

I'm thinking with Warlord or Champ, but going to have to do some testing. paragon will probably be my 0 spec. I wish true hybrids were viable (22/22/22-ish builds, not ONE MUST MAX builds) so I might play around with that dream, but I think Liberator (and later WC) will be the answer to my healing/HOT needs that Reaver gave up when it ceased to be a tank.

Thanks for the suggestions as well and keep them coming if you guys run into this post. We need more viable and fun build ideas for Warrior life outside of dungeons and raids.

Soulwalker

I use a Champion/Warlord build at level 31 and it works great for me.

29 Champion / 12 Warlord / 0 Paragon

Builder Macro:

#show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Defense
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Backhand
    cast Mighty Blow

Finishers:

Chains of Life (If you need extra heals)
    Bladefury (for damage)

Buffs:

Way of the River
    Shared Suffering
    Slayer's Bearing
    Recovery Posture

Basically, I just pull around 5-6 mobs, use Mark of Inevitability for debuff, and then use the builder macro until 3 combo points. Then I use either Chains of Life (if I need extra heals) or Bladefury if I am good. When fighting mobs my level I finish most encounter at or around full health.
    Last edited by Alyssaabethh; 04-20-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    What is the point spread for this on prime? I'll figure out the macros, just not sure if I should be 41warchant/25champ or more of a 34/32.

I just want to be able to take on an even con invasion or three like all the MAs do, and now that I have the warrior god class shouldn't I be able to?

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrath View Post
    What is the point spread for this on prime? I'll figure out the macros, just not sure if I should be 41warchant/25champ or more of a 34/32.

I just want to be able to take on an even con invasion or three like all the MAs do, and now that I have the warrior god class shouldn't I be able to?
    If you want to deal damage you need battlesong (41 points), rest in champ or warlord... depends on your playstyle
    Youtube
    Twitch

Shadowlander

Is Riftblade remotely viable for levelling (am only 15/16) at the moment - I just can't get behind ranged warriors no matter good Reaver is, but the hybrid looks like it's interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    Is Riftblade remotely viable for levelling (am only 15/16) at the moment - I just can't get behind ranged warriors no matter good Reaver is, but the hybrid looks like it's interesting....
    I don't think it is, even with the changes on the PTS, I have read it's still sub-par to Paragon, which is streched the furthest to compete with all other classes right now ST.

Use Sahtiar's paragon build to level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NIr0SjZtLk

it's ST but very strong until you hit your low 40's then you start to feel the weight of the cross that warriors bear.

Rift Disciple

since this thread is still alive somehow this build can handle everything you can throw at it (not quickly, but it doesnt die)
    Last edited by Yarrellii; 05-09-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    since this thread is still alive somehow this build can handle everything you can throw at it (not quickly, but it doesnt die)
    @50 that build doesn't heal or DPS fast enough to kill an even con rift invasion/foothold/4+ mobs. I have tried it every which way. Chantion works, but with the energy regen we lack, it gets boring pretty fast. I'll stick with Sahtiar's Paragon and just ST stuff until we get SL.

+ Reply to Thread