+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker Tanking build(s)

Soulwalker

Default Riftstalker Tanking build(s)

Hello everyone.

After having played a mage in live until the first xpac, I decided to roll a rogue and primarily a riftstalker tank. I am new to tanking in general and have been messing around with build. I was hoping that posting the 2 I am using (one for experts and one for raid rifts) I could gain some feedback. I feel more squishier than warriors and clerics, but I believe that its because rogues scale more from their gear than anything else.
    Both negative and positive feedback welcome!

Build 1: RS/Tac/BD
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#x9g/Th0/thkGiAEGFh0

I use this for experts because of the increased defensive perks in tactician and the extra dmg from bladedancer's reprisal. It has been pretty effective so far.
    I just use a macro for combo generating abilities because everything else is pretty situation based.

Macro for combo pts:
    #show Phantom Blow
    cast Reprisal
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

Build 2: RS/Bard
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#x/v8G8/thkGiAEGFh0

I like this a little more for raid rifts because I get 29k hp (at the moment) self buffed and it helps with increased healing on me for heavier hits.

The macro I use is pretty simple

Macro for combo pts:
    #show Phantom Blow
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

If you have any questions feel free to message/mail me in game @Simple. I hope this helps people get started with their own riftstalker tanking journey, feel free to comment anything you think might improve or that you like about the builds so I can continue to help others and guildies later down the line!

Thanks and happy hunting!
    -Simple <Maelstrom>

Soulwalker

I have been rogue tanking since vanilla and use a bard build pretty close to your own.

The only comment that I can make on the BD spec is that if the point of the build is to boost damage you may consider dropping Hasted Time and putting those two points into Unseen Fury.

I find that I am easily outdistancing my healers already without any run speed buff.
    Last edited by Thrakazog; 04-16-2018 at 05:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread