+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CaptainBlood

Thread: help for runeshaper

Shadowlander

Default help for runeshaper

Hi guys
    I unlocked yesterday the runeshaper soul, and I tried to understand how it works to perform well with it.
    The mechanics look pretty simple, however there is a thing I really don't understand.
    Rune of travail is supposed to refresh the active seal on my target.
    But when I use Rune of Travail while seal of pain is active, sometimes it will refresh seal of pain, but sometimes it will apply seal of vulnerability instead.
    Why???? Do you guys have the same issue?
    Is it working as intended and the tooltip is wrong? Why can't I keep the seal of pain with Rune of Travail? I don't know which seal is better, pain or vulnerability, but clearly something is wrong here, when a skill does something it should not...
    Cheers
    Last edited by Kehild; 04-06-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kehild View Post
    Hi guys
    But when I use Rune of Travail while seal of pain is active, sometimes it will refresh seal of pain, but sometimes it will apply seal of vulnerability instead.
    Why???? Do you guys have the same issue?
    Cheers
    Same behavior here, when using Rune of Travail to refresh while seal of pain is active, sometimes it will refresh seal of pain, other times it overwrites and it changes to seal of vulnerability.
    Last edited by Buru; 04-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Buru View Post
    Same behavior here, when using Rune of Travail to refresh while seal of pain is active, sometimes it will refresh seal of pain, other times it overwrites and it changes to seal of vulnerability.
    I can confirm I have this same behavior, but there isnt a sometimes. It always overwrites with Travail

I found this thread looking for a solution to the same exact issue. Been having a blast being back on Rift but this is going to be very discouraging as I was looking forward to playing the souls I haven't played before.

Is there any acknowledgment from Trion that this will be fixed?

Says its getting fixing in the upcomng balance patch:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...enhancing.html

It may seem a silly question but why use Seal of Pain? Isn't Seal of vulnerability better for dps?

Rift Disciple

with how runeshaper is in its current state there is no need to use seal of pain for any reason. I believe its a dps loss to use it since you can use runestrike to get a hasty calling stack for the same gcd and if you are lucky get runelord/rapid judgement proc(s) and not even worry about the issue with rune of travail either applying seal of pain or seal of vulnerability

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    with how runeshaper is in its current state there is no need to use seal of pain for any reason. I believe its a dps loss to use it since you can use runestrike to get a hasty calling stack for the same gcd and if you are lucky get runelord/rapid judgement proc(s) and not even worry about the issue with rune of travail either applying seal of pain or seal of vulnerability
    Hi Naught, Seal of Pain is not a DPS loss as it is refreshed automatically by Rune of Travail. So you only have to cast Seal of Pain once per target/fight. The issue is that Travail is bugged and overrides Pain with Vulnerability incorrectly.

Rift Disciple

Until i can see a parse stating seal of pain is an increase i find it really hard to believe atm....

+ Reply to Thread