+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stihl

Thread: Help me with my Shade/Sin Prime Build

Shadowlander

Default Help me with my Shade/Sin Prime Build

Hello friends! I'm getting near that 50k and I've been wanting to play Shadeborn for a while. I know it's not Sab, and it CAN perform as well as BD single target but I'm not a fan of Sab and BD can get a bit boring after many hours of play. I'm looking for some input on a Prime build I've come up with based off the live version called "Assborn".

I don't know much about live builds and I've never played Shadeborn so I'd love some feedback/critiques/tips to help me learn and build a functioning spec I can enjoy.

Here's what I have so far: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#ykF1kF0/!akil2r0/t

Thanks!

As i said in another post, I doubt you can do anything correct with shadesin, as you can't have shadow flurry and poison malice.

Maybe try to go 24 points in nightblade and the rest in shadeborn.
    Vigil : @Kreezhem Rogue lvl 50

<Eyes of Eternity>: EU PVE guild is now recruiting.

Shadowlander

I'd be okay with that. Could you elaborate on how it would work? Just use the Nightblade buffs while using the Shadeborn toolkit buffing finishers/Death damage?

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!ar4BgB40gw/t

Here's the revised NB/Shade build you suggested. The talents are put where I thought would bring the most damage without wasting points. Feel free to change them if you think something is better, I'm still very much learning!

After many tests this morning, got a NB/Shadeborn build ~50-75 DPS of my Bladedancer build. So in the end, Bladedancer is still the only viable melee option Rogues have at the moment since Shadeborn has zero AoE(Not counting Bond). Bummer.
    Last edited by Krol; 04-05-2018 at 07:26 AM.

After many tests this morning, got a NB/Shadeborn build ~50-75 DPS of my Bladedancer build. So in the end, Bladedancer is still the only viable melee option Rogues have at the moment since Shadeborn has zero AoE(Not counting Bond). Bummer.
    Huuuuuuh ? I made a guide a few days ago about a rogue/sab build, melee playstyle that is way above the bladedancer.

Also, i would use ebon fury or twilight force instead of dark malady. (Stronger builder burst or Range builder)
    Also i hope you're not using bond of night on your target. I'd be interested to see your current parse. I cannot try to make a spec yet, as I do not have the planarite.
    I'm convince that with Heat Retention + Nexus of Darkness you can do some huge damage finishers.

Shadowlander

I actually didn't know the Sin/Sab build was a melee build. I thought it was just Sab using poisons and such, my mistake! Thanks for your input on talents, I'll try those changes and see how it helps. I appreciate all your help, I'm having fun learning all these things again!

If you need any help you can come and find me in game whenever I'm online. I'm interested in helping you make a viable shadeborn soul.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    If you need any help you can come and find me in game whenever I'm online. I'm interested in helping you make a viable shadeborn soul.
    I've tried several builds with shadeborn and although it's an interesting dynamic the best DPS I got was 1000 with BD. Assassin/Sab hovers around 1200. In pvp its not even close, ***/sab has way more sustained dps and utility for me. After day one I want my 50k planerite back.

Shadowlander

Guess it depends if min/max is the only thing you want or actually interest - never heard of Shadeborn but it looks really interesting...

Also - one does wonder how long sab and MA have before getting a tweak..

Plane Touched

Sab wont be the top single target dps for rogues when the PTS changes go live. MA variations will still be up there though.

As for Shadeborn, I have put a few parses in the rogue PTS thread. When i get a chance I could try that 42/24. Not sure how it'll work out without Innumerable Shadows though.

After going through a whole bunch of Shadeborn variations on omega, 41/24 Shadeborn Nightblade wins. If you HAVE to do a Shadeborn sin spec, you need poison mastery as those 5 points are basically the most valuable in the tree. +50% proc chance and +15% apwd to poisons is something you simply cannot lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Also i hope you're not using bond of night on your target.
    This would be true for assborn because it utilized a large amount of assassin skills for damage, but the 41/24 and 48/18 Shadeborn specs that use shadeborn attacks do gain single target dps with bond, as while your damage to bonded targets is reduced by 15%, depths/scything/flurry/strangulate transfer 30% of their damage to the bonded target instead of the base 15%.

One thing I have never understood about Shadeborn though is the fact that it has never excelled at the mechanic the whole soul is based around. The entire purpose of the soul is for it to specialize at dual target dps while it has never actually been competitive at it.

NOTE: 41/24 is only better once the Omega changes go through. On current prime 48/18 SBBD is better. Cause reasons.
    Last edited by Stihl; 05-06-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Touched

I tested also and can confirm the 42/24 is better by ~80-100 dps over the 48/18 variants on the PTS. IT still falls well behind Bladedancer when the changes go live, unfortunately.

Help me with my Shade/Sin Prime Build-42sbnb.jpg

Shadowlander

I actually outperform my BD build on live with 51 Shade/15 NB. I'm sure it won't be the same once the combat changes are released but I do ~150-200 more DPS. My only guess is because I can use Fiery Spike+Innumberable Shadows to continue to Shadow Flurry during forced disconnects while BD has to just wait until it's safe. The 51 point execute is decent on raid bosses. I usually get like 60-70ish DPS out of it.

I've not tried the 48/18 build though. I'll check it out later today.

+ Reply to Thread