+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By imbleedinoutman
  • 2 Post By Icarus
  • 1 Post By Stihl

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior Paladin/Void Knight Tanks Known Issues

Soulwalker

Default Warrior Paladin/Void Knight Tanks Known Issues

BELOW IS A 5 MINUTE TWITCHTV LINK TL;DR VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS THE POST

hello, just going to highlight some known (or maybe lesser known) issues about warrior tanking, specifically with paladin soul tree. I've seen some threads/posts/in-game discussion relating to warrior tanking and inability to hold threat, hopefully this will shed some light on the subject.(no pun intended paladins).

The issue at hand relates to main warrior tanking buffs, Shield of the Hero(paladin) and Accord of Resilience(Void Knight). these are the main tanking buffs for warrior tanks, they give us most of our survivability and make us much harder to kill, however, having these buffs activated are currently causing auto attacks, as well as non tanking damaging abilities (ie champion or warlord abilities) to cause zero damage, in turn- zero threat TO LEVEL 50 mobs, bosses, players, target dummies etc. this was tested in open world aka stillmoor and shimmersand, this was tested in duels, expert dungeons, rifts, raid rifts etc.

Another issue with the two buffs is they are causing Feral Rune(epic runecrafter shield block rune) to deal zero damage as well.

These two problems are possibly attributing to many problems warriors are facing holding threat as their auto attacks are not dealing any damage whatsoever, as well as any off-soul abilities they may be using as well stuff like feral rune, or shared suffering(champion). If you think about how many times you auto attack or block in a dungeon(number is probably somewhere in the thousands) and these mechanics are doing 0 damage AKA 0 threat to the mobs you're facing theres no wonder you might lose threat.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246773562

if you experience any issues or wish to add to the tread, message me in-game and/or post so your voice can be heard <3

Rift Disciple

Thank you for recording that. It is completely crazy.

I deleted my warrior paladin at LVL 33 because it felt gimped and I could not figure out why. I hope this gets a hot fix.

I just tested this myself with Power Strike (buffed with Accord of Resiliance) and did not notice zero damage, with that ability or auto attacks, on the dummies in Meridian, normal and boss.

I watched your video, and definitely cannot believe what I saw, so I had to test it myself, but sorry, it isn't affecting my toon.

Might just be Paladins?
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

I've just tested the same thing on the Boss Practice Dummy in Meridian. When using Shield of the Hero and Accord of Resilience Paragon and champion abilities were doing about a tenth of the damage they were doing with the same build but these buffs turned off. Autoattacks were doing 0 damage. What a mess.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrath View Post
    I just tested this myself with Power Strike (buffed with Accord of Resiliance) and did not notice zero damage, with that ability or auto attacks, on the dummies in Meridian, normal and boss.

I watched your video, and definitely cannot believe what I saw, so I had to test it myself, but sorry, it isn't affecting my toon.

Might just be Paladins?
    may I ask what level you are?
    I was testing this with both accord and shield as I was curious when I first saw the bug, but after your reply, I went back and tested it again; still have the same issue. HOWEVER, when I was mentored in lower level dungeons with some guildies hitting lower level mobs ETC I was not having the issue. it appears to only occur on level 50 targets for me.

Currently lv 44. If its just a lv 50 thing then I am not looking forward to that...
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Thank you so very much for bringing this to our attention. We will try to find a solution as quickly as possible as this is terrible, and that's putting it mildly.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Thank you so very much for bringing this to our attention. We will try to find a solution as quickly as possible as this is terrible, and that's putting it mildly.
    yay successful thread, thank you very much^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrath View Post
    Currently lv 44. If its just a lv 50 thing then I am not looking forward to that...
    There's a global damage reduction placed on players outgoing attacks. The percentage attacks are reduced by scales with level. At 50 the damage reduction applied to non-soul based attacks by the shield buffs added to the global reduction surpasses 100%. Thats why you are seeing abilities deal no damage.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    There's a global damage reduction placed on players outgoing attacks. The percentage attacks are reduced by scales with level. At 50 the damage reduction applied to non-soul based attacks by the shield buffs added to the global reduction surpasses 100%. Thats why you are seeing abilities deal no damage.
    When % reduction talents are additive instead of multiplicative. yikes.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

I haven't given it any consideration before, but this means Void Knight's and Paladin's auto attack damage has always (well, as long as these buffs existed in their current form) been reduced by 25%.

Soulwalker

UPDATE:: @Icarus --- Razor Sharp Spikes

after doing a run in expert Iron Tombs earlier I can confirm Razor-Sharp Spikes (armorsmith shield block item) is doing zero damage in these dungeons to trash mobs as well as bosses. However, in the twitch link from the OP it was clearly doing damage to random stillmoor mobs. perhaps take a look into this as well.

I have added two screenshots from the dungeon I did earlier as more evidence of this item not working. Thanks ^_^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior Paladin/Void Knight Tanks Known Issues-2018-04-06_084810.jpg   Warrior Paladin/Void Knight Tanks Known Issues-2018-04-06_082721.jpg  

Thanks OP ....

Soulwalker

NEW UPDATE::: BANEFUL RUNE PICTURE BELOW

Baneful Rune (epic 1 hander 85 death damage on ability runecrafter enchantment) is currently dealing 0 damage with shield of the hero on.
    with shield of the hero OFF its dealing 18 damage.

my trinket (mother's broken heart) is dealing around 100 death damage per proc
    my greater essence (screaming stormshard) is dealing 100 air damage per proc

whats up with the runes??

please look into these epic runecrafter enchantments, I currently have 150 plat worth of enchantments on my gear which are yielding no benefit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior Paladin/Void Knight Tanks Known Issues-2018-04-10_143246.jpg  

Telaran

Still an amazing tank! <3

+ Reply to Thread