+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prime Runeshaper Guide

Default Prime Runeshaper Guide

So this guide has all the information on how to use Level 50, Level 60 & Level 65 Runeshaper all in one place.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Level 50
    Best Spec:
    44 Runeshaper, 17 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor

Buffs:
    Rune Vessel
    Armor of Devotion

Starting Rotation:
    Seal of Vulnerability > Rune of Power > Rune of Castigation
    Rune of Soul Binding > (Runelord's Inscription) > Inscribe Fate
    Runestrike x4 > Rune of Smiting

Rotation:
    Keep Seal of Vulnerability active on the enemy, it doesn’t trigger combat, to refresh the duration cast Rune of Travail at 1 or 2 seconds due to travel time.

Build 3 stacks of Smiting Force before casting Rune of Smiting, or 2 if everything is on cooldown.
    Only cast Rune of Smiting when you have 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription which procs from casting Runestrike.

Cast Rune of Castigation when Rapid Judgement is active, if already at 3 stacks of Smiting Force wait until you cast Rune of Smiting then Rune of Castigation.
    However if duration of Rapid Judgement is going to expire use Rune of Castigation.

Use Rune of Power if at 0, 1 or 2 stacks of Smiting Force to reduce the cast time of Rune of Castigation to 0s.
    If Rapid Judgement is active do not use Rune of Power.

Use Rune of Soul Binding if at 0, 1 or 2 stacks of Smiting Force or during movement phases, if known.

If already at 3 stacks of Smiting Force and Inscribe Fate come off cooldown cast Runestrike instead; until you have 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription then cast Rune of Smiting and then use Inscribe Fate.

Only use Rune of Travail when needing to refresh the duration of Seal of Vulnerability.

Either save Runelord's Inscription for movement phases, if known, or use when Runelord isn't active.
    However do not use Runelord's Inscription before using Rune of Soul Binding, use after.
    Runelord's Inscription and Runelord do not stack.

For AoE damage channel Runefall under the group of enemies.

Macros:
    #show Inscribe Fate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [ctrl] Runestrike
    cast Inscribe Fate
    cast Runestrike
    cast Rune of Travail
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Lightning Hammer

#show Runefall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Runefall
    cast Runefall

Karuulalert:
    Code:
    KA::ApUyOeNq1lF1vmzAUhv8Kd7ta5i++5CvjgNZJW6qE7ioScsFl1ggg7GyKtv33GZJ1pGFNmm2
    yQMY+PpzH76uz3NbSaR6c2+ar7CikKW0rsTtME/ssjwIYiQiL5kHEvJiEHuQU2MjEDmDHUj0YOhd
    GvFnf3azFvaqU2WUqb2q97mwe/Um0ssv6adb2+WZFoanv+zSAIfXQjOxfcIZtVi60oTz+kMZL+zX
    8CFIMhrqiRZou3h82hzVvqCH5/tae2jk3tc471RrV1M5rZ2VE/llP0Z1EU4aTII5JHHicQzci6GL
    CUtayU3n2axUgPxN7QohogMAJ4Tc9FPZjRAnHlFN8vR5V0xV/0mrYq5taXqtMn0Bn6veVDAge8aj
    vohOE6dLT6dJFqwrn3bYo5UbWZpLgSQjDUcQZBhGCOIxjGF1M1YtR7u6l2MDzLksXt2Oj9QO5A8c
    LjEbRdf6C/89gq40yqi5PRILuWX+90kdlP+O2J5GMzBHwGMcRdAngIf/XRvT/2ogrKaq+p33cVvZ
    GD0WMEGdGdKU0j6TT8cxaco79IMQgBoyT+BpQbVNnX8Z5B8qAYCsofI4SnKXci+8kTZfLKQGPAxg
    OrFohJwSTIGE8fAnOuLPrfdrHtnFh5wNnOt9PrKwOwA
    Last edited by Burninalways; 04-09-2018 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Fine touches

Level 60 Placeholder

Level 65 Placeholder

Log Placeholder

Soulwalker

You never need to cast Rune of Vuln at all. Travail will apply it for you even if there's no seal on the mob. Additionally you never need to apply Rune of Vuln unless you're about to pop a smiting, in my testing it looks like the 5% increased damage from runestrike/castigation doesn't actually function, only the 20% pop damage on smiting. I haven't tested it since the smiting nerf so maybe it was fixed, but I doubt it.

I'm still debating this, but I'm pretty sure hardcasting Rune of Smiting with 3 smiting stacks and 0 Hasty stacks is more dps than spending the time casting 4 runestrikes before smiting. You'd have to get lucky and get a Runelord proc on #1 or #2 to make it worth.

You should never cast Smiting with less than 3 stacks due to how the broken damage scaling works on Prime. Going from 2 stacks to 3 stacks is almost a 50% damage increase.

Runefall is so incredibly poor that you'll do more dps doing your single target rotation instead of channeling it.

You should have @gtae macros for your greater runes as well to quickly place a movement speed field or a mana regen field for cleric/mage healers.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric

So I am going to try out this spec and took me a bit cause i'm kinda noobish with roles I don't fully understand at first. The main question I have is actually about the Kalerts Code you have at the the bottom. I have seen this on pretty much every guide there is. I have Kalerts but I am still learning how to use it. My question is this... What is that code for exactly? Is that something that can be copied and pasted into Kalerts that will set up alerts?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated since I am still learning this new role.

Thanks.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Soulwalker

Yes, you import the code into the addon.

+ Reply to Thread