+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By AsteroidX
  • 4 Post By Artifa

Thread: Sub Forums for Classes

Default Sub Forums for Classes

Is it possible to get sub forums for class specific article/threads. This forum section is muddled and hard to find the better information for specific classes.

Live has those in there section but as balance has been adjusted on Prime it may carry over to builds and comments.

Soulwalker

I'd like to second this. Don't understand why it wouldn't have been done from the get go.

There was another thread asking for this a week or so ago. There wasn't much activity on it, either.
    (I did give that one a thumbs up, agreed that class forums would be nice.)

When the forums were set up, I recall Brasse saying that they weren't as expanded as the Live forum section, but this was subject to change in the future. I'm assuming they wanted to see how much activity there would be. (Didn't find the forum post saying this, so it might have been in a live stream.)

The Vigil Calling and Soul Discussion sub-forum seems to be pretty active, and it would certainly be helpful to have a Classes of Vigil area with subforums for the callings. Not sure how much work that is, but I definitely give this idea a thumbs up.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Rift Disciple

personally i feel the Calling and Soul Discussion and Gameplay, Guides and Strategies have way too much overlap anyway.

Some of the calling / spec specific discussions are currently in gameplay / guides / strategies when they actually probably belong in Calling / Soul Discussion with the current hierarchy. (Bard and rogue threads, at a quick glance)

you're right though, best would be sub-forums per calling.

Something like...

> General Discussion Forum

> Gameplay / General Guides

> Calling sub-forums
    > Cleric's Sanctuary
    > Mage Tower
    > Rogue's Den
    > Warrior Pit
    > Crafting / Dimensions

> Bug Forum

> Warfronts
    Last edited by Artifa; 04-01-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Telaran

I agree class based sub forums need to be a thing @TrionBrasse make it happen plz

Default I agree

it's too confusing trying to find what you are looking for. Trion please give us a sub category for each role.
    Vigil- Seonie

Bump.

Why hasn't this happened yet. I bet more people play Prime than sub for live so why are our forums so minimalist?
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Soulwalker

I agree. Please Trion give us separated class sub forums!

With the PTS up now and the amount of changes that are due it would be nice to get a subforum for each calling within the calling section. This way information will again be readable.

Soulwalker

+1 from me as well
    Ashtry@Zaviel - Warrior
    Scaramouch@Zaviel - Cleric
    Kashoggi@Zaviel - Mage

Soulwalker

yes, pleeeaaase, can we get for each class subs... that is so annoying to go through all posts to find the one you need for your calling.

I think I will put this into questions for the next dev livestream. It is quite annoying as useful information is getting lost behind the walls of pseudo text.

Quote Originally Posted by Glys View Post
    I'd like to second this. Don't understand why it wouldn't have been done from the get go.
    yeah it would definitely help in organized searching to find them in one place since search results even from an advanced get very haphazard results in your forums

+ Reply to Thread