Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: so now after overnerf of defiler...what is best dps cleric spec?

Plane Touched

Default so now after overnerf of defiler...what is best dps cleric spec?

so now after overnerf of defiler...what is best dps cleric spec?

One ability was nerfed, is dps really affected that much now? I haven't parsed anything yet but wondering if anyone has numbers.

Telaran

Haven't done any proper testing but a casual dummy parse have more than 200 dps drop for me

Shadowlander

Defiler wasn't on top anyway, and the nerf didn't affect it much either.

Current top two for me are the Druid/Shaman hybrid followed by Runeshaper (-~4-5%), then followed by Defiler (-~15-20%).

Lots more testing to do tonight.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 03-29-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    Defiler wasn't on top anyway, and the nerf didn't affect it much either.

Current top two for me are the Druid/Shaman hybrid followed by Runeshaper.
    Defiler was not a top, but now its useless.

Druid/Shaman is not bad, but it's a melee spec. And yes, I don't like playing melee as cleric, I go rogue/warr for it.

Runeshaper is still ok, but it's lower than what mages can do and it's boring as hell...
    Last edited by Skalikas; 03-29-2018 at 09:53 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    Defiler was not a top, but now its useless.

Druid/Shaman is not bad, but it's a melee spec. And yes, I don't like playing melee as cleric, I go rogue/warr for it.

Runeshaper is still ok, but it's lower than what mages can do and it's boring as hell...
    Defiler is far from useless. Just because an OP skill was reduced doesnít make the entire soul useless.

I main cleric and the impact of this wasnít that significant.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Defiler is far from useless. Just because an OP skill was reduced doesnít make the entire soul useless.

I main cleric and the impact of this wasnít that significant.
    Could you tell your current defiler dps? While defiler is not pathetic, but my guildie mage is now ~300 more dps than me while before we were about the same.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    Could you tell your current defiler dps? While defiler is not pathetic, but my guildie mage is now ~300 more dps than me while before we were about the same.
    I actually don’t have a dps meter. I know I know crazy, right? I go off TTK (time to kill) mostly. If I can kill things reasonably fast and safe I’m good to go.

I’m playing for fun and not min max data, after all it’s a game. I don’t try to be top dps or min max everything because that, to me, is just work and I do that everyday.

Instead I play what I want, even crazy combos that no one posts about because I play
    for fun.

If I was to min max again I would do so knowing there is always only 1 top top spec for dps to use for my cleric. This wouldn’t be what I wanted to play though, so I avoid it these days
    Although shaman and runeshaper are fun depending on my mood.
    Last edited by BigDataDude; 03-29-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Shadowlander

I actually donít have a dps meter. I know I know crazy, right? I go off TTK (time to kill) mostly. If I can kill things reasonably fast and safe Iím good to go.

Iím playing for fun and not min max data, after all itís a game. I donít try to be top dps or min max everything because that, to me, is just work and I do that everyday.

Instead I play what I want, even crazy combos that no one posts about because I play
    for fun.

If I was to min max again I would do so knowing there is always only 1 top top spec for dps to use for my cleric. This wouldnít be what I wanted to play though, so I avoid it these days
    Could we buff Inquisitor please? It is our old ranged dps spec but now is very much behind all others. It could use some dmg buff...

Soulwalker

Why are they nerfing defiler? I don't want to play the 1-button shaman/druid spec to level. I wouldn't complain if it wasn't such a slog to level through the content, at least defiler made it fun.

Does Trion really want me to stop playing or something?

I get Wrathful Exuberance, people complained, it was over powered, etc but I got no sense of that with Defilers... whats the reasoning behind it? Are we killing quest mobs too efficiently or something?

Quote Originally Posted by FALX1 View Post
    Why are they nerfing defiler? I don't want to play the 1-button shaman/druid spec to level. I wouldn't complain if it wasn't such a slog to level through the content, at least defiler made it fun.

Does Trion really want me to stop playing or something?

I get Wrathful Exuberance, people complained, it was over powered, etc but I got no sense of that with Defilers... whats the reasoning behind it? Are we killing quest mobs too efficiently or something?
    I think AA was only really hitting hard in low level PvP. It really isn't a huge chunk of mid/high level dps for grinding so it should still be a fine leveling spec. It would have made more sense to tweak AA's scaling a bit so it wouldnt be overpowered at low evels but would still be worth casting later on.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I think AA was only really hitting hard in low level PvP. It really isn't a huge chunk of mid/high level dps for grinding so it should still be a fine leveling spec. It would have made more sense to tweak AA's scaling a bit so it wouldnt be overpowered at low evels but would still be worth casting later on.
    AA is way overnerfed (it's like a 50-60% nerf), imo at least and it was completely unnecessary, as defiler needs quite a while until it can even do good damage at all AND is damaging himself while applying the stacks. I lost around 100dps from the nerf at level 37, which is around 15% of my total dps, IF (and I really stress the if) I have the time to fully utilize a defiler's potential, which is basically only possible on bossfights.

I get that in PvP it might have been too strong, but then just modify the damage for PvP and don't completely nerf it to the ground, like it is now. :/

Apart from that, I'd be really interested to see some parses from lvl 50 defilers compared to some dps from other callings, like rogues. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 03-29-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Fia

I actually donít have a dps meter. I know I know crazy, right? I go off TTK (time to kill) mostly. If I can kill things reasonably fast and safe Iím good to go.

Iím playing for fun and not min max data, after all itís a game. I donít try to be top dps or min max everything because that, to me, is just work and I do that everyday.

for fun.

If I was to min max again I would do so knowing there is always only 1 top top spec for dps to use for my cleric. This wouldnít be what I wanted to play though, so I avoid it these days
    Well most of us do have a dps meter though, which only goes to show that ppl like being competitive and/or wanting to improve themselves. Crazy, right? (:

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Well most of us do have a dps meter though, which only goes to show that ppl like being competitive and/or wanting to improve themselves. Crazy, right? (:
    Nothing wrong with being competitive. I was talking for myself I donít do that any more is all.

There are also different levels of competitive. Like now I will probably hover near the top of the charts but I wonít play a very specific spec to be the top. To each their own

Fia

Nothing wrong with being competitive. I was talking for myself I donít do that any more is all.

There are also different levels of competitive. Like now I will probably hover near the top of the charts but I wonít play a very specific spec to be the top. To each their own
    Well yes, I agree, I don't always look at the dps meter either. (:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast