+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Elitez
  • 2 Post By arshadows89

Thread: Cleric Runeshaper Nerf 3/29 - Mechanics Issue

Shadowlander

Default Cleric Runeshaper Nerf 3/29 - Mechanics Issue

As many of you know, today Rune of Smiting was nerfed. Huzzah, etc. The problem is it looks like you just placed a flat damage reduction on the skill itself, which only adds to it's broken mechanics.

The reason why it's so broken is because Smiting Force (100% increased damage on your next Rune of Smiting, up to 3 stacks) is stacking additively instead of multiplicatively. I haven't figured out the value on the hidden damage debuff/buff applied to the whole server yet yet, but Smiting Force bypasses it, for an example here are my numbers from post patch on an elite training dummy:

For the record, my Rune of Smiting tooltips for 3705-4095.

0 stacks: ~240 damage.
    1 stack: ~1220 damage. definitely not a 100% increase.
    2 stack: ~2250 damage
    3 stack: ~3200 damage.

Additionally, because it looks like the reduction was applied to the skill itself, it's not affecting Rune of Vulnerability, so my 20% added damage from Vuln hits for 2200 while my 3 stack is hitting for 3200.

While this bandaid fix will keep Runeshapers from one shotting people in pvp, a longer term fix would be appreciated to keep the mechanics making sense.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 03-29-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

On live cleric doesn't have a competitive range in my opinion because they lack good cleave and their ST is actually low so enjoy it while it last.The building actually shakes with pitter-patter when clerics are perceived out of line over at Trion. There is usually a disregard to viability. There is no quid por quo.It is okay for other classes to get melee classes that can cleave and be played from range or having warrior and mage hybrid healers who can do decent to incredible dps or aoe souls that can top ST etc.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-30-2018 at 11:58 PM.

He's off again. Seriously can't help himself. V for Vendetta
    Fwob - Zaviel

Not really. I call out clerics when they are OP as well. I just don't understand why Trion shoots themselves in the foot when they can see literally by post view count cleric has the most returning player, most peak interest. I will even say cleric tanks are OP but they don't have the utility like other tanks and it is true that warrior needs help. This has been a known fact. If you look at many twitch streams lately... many players say mage and rogue were the best choices simply because of how they are on live and in last expansion which is holding up true. The last class dev did extensive work on mage and rogue before he left and cleric didn't even get an okay dps balance change until BoS was introduced practically. Not to mention what happened to their support and healing souls.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-31-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Soulwalker

They dont want Clerics to dps is the only reason why they nerfed them.

Its not ok for ST dps on pve boss Cleric 500 dps and Mage 800.

Soulwalker

What do they want clerics to do then? They sure as hell dont want them to heal cause all 3 of there healing specs are the worst in game. Warrior healer is just sent 2.0 (2-4k aoe dps, 500 st dps) Chloro hitting 6k hps.

I guess that just leaves us as a tanking class.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by arshadows89 View Post
    What do they want clerics to do then? They sure as hell dont want them to heal cause all 3 of there healing specs are the worst in game. Warrior healer is just sent 2.0 (2-4k aoe dps, 500 st dps) Chloro hitting 6k hps.

I guess that just leaves us as a tanking class.
    May i see any screens with war 4k DPS and chloro 6k HPS in 5ppl?

Soulwalker

Its not hard to find war getting 2.5k dps or higher on large aoe pulls, just yesterday i saw 3.2k. I also have seen 6k hps chloro's healing last boss of fc.

Sorry no screenshots, but this really shouldn't be surprising to people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by arshadows89 View Post
    Its not hard to find war getting 2.5k dps or higher on large aoe pulls, just yesterday i saw 3.2k. I also have seen 6k hps chloro's healing last boss of fc.

Sorry no screenshots, but this really shouldn't be surprising to people.
    Anyway just now cleric good with large AE, he can do ~4kDPS + 4kHPS in the same time.
    With ST its not perfect right now, ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Muereske View Post
    Anyway just now cleric good with large AE, he can do ~4kDPS + 4kHPS in the same time.
    That is no good because you don't consider throughput healing which is better with other AoE healer usually. That means it just look like aoe with 4KDPS which is terrible and maybe low healing because of wasted heals(overhealing) on chart which is bad when consider other classes can do much higher AoE DPS and much higher throughput healing in separate specs. I think best is justicar for this class. It is straight forward and can heal or maybe even icar hybrids that can tank with decent dps/hps however they have frowned upon -Icar in live streams so don't know if they will nerf them.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-31-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Soulwalker

Aprils Fools (1st?) or screenshot

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elitez View Post
    Aprils Fools (1st?) or screenshot
    ur welcome
    Spoiler!

P.S. for devs - ya, nerf to the ground last cleric dungeon viable spec pls, its broken as fck too.
    Last edited by Muereske; 04-01-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Shadowlander

ur welcome
    Spoiler!

P.S. for devs - ya, nerf to the ground last cleric dungeon viable spec pls, its broken as fck too.
    Yeah but they can't nerf justicar aoe dps because that would mean nerfing cleric's last viable spec, justicar.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Soulwalker

Good options for devs is remove double heal from "righteous mandate", than this spec still can do decent AOE, but HPS drop down double. Jst now its rly OP.

P.S. sry for my english, ya.

Good options for devs is remove double heal from "righteous mandate", than this spec still can do decent AOE, but HPS drop down double. Jst now its rly OP.

P.S. sry for my english, ya.
    You should ask devs to consider the practical use of the class in the raids. Actually some of the other classes have some outliers too but in practical use you can't tell their viability until they raid. What you don't want is for cleric to end up like they did with Live when LFR and first T1 raids hit. That set them back so far because every other role they had was so far behind all the classes. That is main concern.

If cleric is not competitive or least competitive in every role but tanking they won't learn their lesson with live. Add in the fragments and missing loot tables to drops and they can be left behind in all other roles by many months playing catch up if Trion does this again. Also, the eternal bandaid fix is not available to them in prime. That eventually going to hurt.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread