+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cleric spec for healing experts?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Cleric spec for healing experts?

    Hello. I mostly tanked my way through the dungeons I did on my way to fifty.
    I have tried sentinel healing with and without wrathful exuberance. I could take it or leave it. My last group got through E:LH with a pocket tank and three pug dps warriors successfully with very few deaths, it was intense trying to single target and healing breath the dps after aoe damage. I credit the warriors for not lingering in bad. Props to them for making it easier on me.

    I understand Warden is for raids, right? Is purifier with shields and a bit of AOE the spec for experts now?

    I checked my old live build from several years ago and saw it was sentinel, but that may not mean anything in today's prime dungeons.

    If purifier is the thing or sentinel the only thing, anyone have suggested builds and playstyle tips? The leveling guides to these roles aren't proving helpful with this question.

    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baitmask View Post
    Hello. I mostly tanked my way through the dungeons I did on my way to fifty.
    I have tried sentinel healing with and without wrathful exuberance. I could take it or leave it. My last group got through E:LH with a pocket tank and three pug dps warriors successfully with very few deaths, it was intense trying to single target and healing breath the dps after aoe damage. I credit the warriors for not lingering in bad. Props to them for making it easier on me.

    I understand Warden is for raids, right? Is purifier with shields and a bit of AOE the spec for experts now?

    I checked my old live build from several years ago and saw it was sentinel, but that may not mean anything in today's prime dungeons.

    If purifier is the thing or sentinel the only thing, anyone have suggested builds and playstyle tips? The leveling guides to these roles aren't proving helpful with this question.

    Thank you for your time.
    sadly, cleric healing was balanced in future patches after level 50 with divine favor. So until we get that super crutch back, cleric healing is in the gutter because we just don't have the through put with any spec.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    DPS needs to keep themselves alive. If you stand in bad or ignore mechanics, you're going to die. That said I agree that there isn't cleric spec that is going to do both tank healing and group healing. Warden is too flimsy for tank healing, it's decent for raid AOE healing. Sentinel to me is just lack luster, lots of overhealing because you need to just chain spam heals. I feel that Puri is a better tank healing spec. Lots of shielding for pre-emptive damage control, some useful oh **** spells (flashover + touch the light for an instant cast guaranteed crit heal). You can put a few point into sent and warden (again for touch the light) and healing spray (that you can cast on DPS). I haven't played 50 Puri in awhile, but gathering of flames was OK for AOE, but again people can't linger in bad unless they want to die.

  4. #4
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    985

    Default

    As said above. Cleric really lackluster compared to other healing souls for LVL 50. They gave newer healing souls for other classes too much versatility in terms of AoE and ST while cleric is more specialised. On top of that the scaling is no good for us atm. Not sure if they'll adjust it all. Probably not
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-03-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Basically if you want to heal just re-roll a Phys. Shields 10X stronger than Puri, HPS 4X of Sent and more cooldowns than you need at this content level.

  6. #6
    Champion TadaceAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk View Post
    DPS needs to keep themselves alive.
    A lot of group damage is unavoidable, especially in experts. Clerics are awful at AE healing. Maybe a sent/warden hybrid but that's not going to have the tank healing for normals.

    The state of clerics in general, healing especially, is pretty bad.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Completely agree! Phys can still out heal even AOE, while still tank healing. It's pretty sad. I don't know why anyone would use a cleric to heal TBH. The HPS output is just no comparison to any cleric healing soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    A lot of group damage is unavoidable, especially in experts. Clerics are awful at AE healing. Maybe a sent/warden hybrid but that's not going to have the tank healing for normals.

    The state of clerics in general, healing especially, is pretty bad.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I guess my cleric will be sub-par dps then... unless I can get RS, but knowing my luck that will be nerfed right after I purchase the soul.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Leiloni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    The state of clerics in general, healing especially, is pretty bad.
    Would be nice to get some balance adjustments Trion. ;( Even my solo dps spec is starting to feel lackluster now that I'm 34-35. I have an Inq spec that was doing amazing before now and all of a sudden it feels so slow.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 04-05-2018 at 06:20 AM.
    Playing Prime server! Guardian Cleric Healer main, Bard alt. Launch vet returning for first time since P2P days.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk View Post
    Completely agree! Phys can still out heal even AOE, while still tank healing. It's pretty sad. I don't know why anyone would use a cleric to heal TBH. The HPS output is just no comparison to any cleric healing soul.
    because no other class has access to a viable healing soul without massive amounts of planarite that are not easy to get? They seriously need to nerf planarite costs for tank and healing souls for other classes imo so that we can have more options earlier.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 04-05-2018 at 09:17 AM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    20K planarite. not too bad. Cleric has to spend 7K to get deiler, to be a mediocre DPS. 50K planarite if you want Runeshaper to be slightly above mediocre DPS. I'm cool with other classes healing or tanking if they want, but I still think there should be an advantage to the primary purpose of a particular class. I don't think clerics should do more DPS than a rogue for example. They are a primary DPS class. Right now there is zero point in a cleric healing unless they want to feel frustrated. I just queue with my mediocre DPS and let the phys or warriors heal. (Agree the cost of the souls seems to be way out of line imho)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    because no other class has access to a viable healing soul without massive amounts of planarite that are not easy to get? They seriously need to nerf planarite costs for tank and healing souls for other classes imo.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    Would be nice to get some balance adjustments Trion. ;( Even my solo dps spec is starting to feel lackluster now that I'm 34-35. I have an Inq spec that was doing amazing before now and all of a sudden it feels so slow.
    Wait till the mid-40s... 37 second time to kill on quest mobs. I have to recast dots for gods sake.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Leiloni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FALX1 View Post
    Wait till the mid-40s... 37 second time to kill on quest mobs. I have to recast dots for gods sake.
    I'm already recasting DoTs on some mobs. I am thinking of picking up Defiler and trying that out since it's so Cheap.
    Playing Prime server! Guardian Cleric Healer main, Bard alt. Launch vet returning for first time since P2P days.

  14. #14
    Rift Master Leiloni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk View Post
    20K planarite. not too bad. Cleric has to spend 7K to get deiler, to be a mediocre DPS. 50K planarite if you want Runeshaper to be slightly above mediocre DPS. I'm cool with other classes healing or tanking if they want, but I still think there should be an advantage to the primary purpose of a particular class. I don't think clerics should do more DPS than a rogue for example. They are a primary DPS class. Right now there is zero point in a cleric healing unless they want to feel frustrated. I just queue with my mediocre DPS and let the phys or warriors heal. (Agree the cost of the souls seems to be way out of line imho)
    Defiler is 2k and reachable at a low level. 20k for Physician is not. You can't get that until much higher level. Wish it was 2k. It doesn't make much sense for Rogue to get another Support soul for 2k when they already have a good one with Bard for free.
    Playing Prime server! Guardian Cleric Healer main, Bard alt. Launch vet returning for first time since P2P days.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I'm already recasting DoTs on some mobs. I am thinking of picking up Defiler and trying that out since it's so Cheap.
    That TTK is with a defiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts