+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cleric spec for healing experts?

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by FALX1 View Post
    Wait till the mid-40s... 37 second time to kill on quest mobs. I have to recast dots for gods sake.
    hmmm, I'm almost lvl 44 and doing fine with defiler. it doesn't feel particularly slow, especially as I can easily pull 3 mobs at the same time.

where exactly are you leveling? I'm curious to try it out on the mobs you mean. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 04-06-2018 at 03:05 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    hmmm, I'm almost lvl 44 and doing fine with defiler. it doesn't feel particularly slow, especially as I can easily pull 3 mobs at the same time.

where exactly are you leveling? I'm curious to try it out on the mobs you mean. (:
    For my part, I did fine with defiler until Shimmersand, against lvl 46-47 mobs. They have far more hp so killing is a lot slower. They also seem to hit the beacon harder: against a pack of 3 the beacon is usually destroyed when the mobs still have about half their hp left. The spec still does fine against one or two mobs, but it feels very slow, especially when you are surrounded by mystic archers farming around you :-P

Anyhow, it is a decent leveling spec but the fact that killing a pack of three mobs goes like : beacon dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot tab dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot tab dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot AOE does contribute to the spec feeling slow.

Also, you actually have to use 5+ different buttons for every mob and cycle from a mob to another rather than just spam a couple of keys :-P
    Last edited by Caladwen; 04-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Caladwen View Post
    For my part, I did fine with defiler until Shimmersand, against lvl 46-47 mobs. They have far more hp so killing is a lot slower. They also seem to hit the beacon harder: against a pack of 3 the beacon is usually destroyed when the mobs still have about half their hp left. The spec still does fine against one or two mobs, but it feels very slow, especially when you are surrounded by mystic archers farming around you :-P

Anyhow, it is a decent leveling spec but the fact that killing a pack of three mobs goes like : beacon dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot tab dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot tab dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot AOE does contribute to the spec feeling slow.

Also, you actually have to use 5+ different buttons for every mob and cycle from a mob to another rather than just spam a couple of keys :-P
    Yes I know what you mean. MA is completely out of whack rn anyway. And sadly Defiler got nerfed (I still don't understand the reasoning behind it) so much that it's subpar to other classes.

Anyway, I hope Trion fixes at least the major imbalances ASAP.

Edit: Ok I see what you mean, just tested it myself, I really have to put all my debuffs on the mob again. :/
    Last edited by Fia; 04-06-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Fia

Just for fun I upgraded my gear heavily and decided to give it another try:

Still took me 24 seconds (without the use of any CDs, just normal gameplay) to down one of those lvl 47 mobs. Maybe other classes can test it out, too, it'd be really interesting to know. I'm currently lvl 45.
    Last edited by Fia; 04-07-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Soulwalker

I took an earlier responder's advice about rolling rogue and got phys.

*Blink* *blink*

Why would anyone ever heal on cleric in this game? Oh, right, because clerics are traditionally healers. It's nice every class can fill the tank, heal, dps, and support roles. Especially here on prime, it's important to give players as much versatility as possible.

But.... Dude. How can I build my 50 cleric in full BIS from t1 experts and the vendor with 3 bis vendor essences and 3 raid rift essences to heal as well as my 45 rogue does in half greens and blues?

Physician is stupid good, but I don't want to fully grind it gear again when mine gets to fifty.

How can I build an EXPERT DUNGEON healer with cleric?

I need emergency buttons, throughput, and mana effeciency.

Suggestions?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by baitmask View Post
    I took an earlier responder's advice about rolling rogue and got phys.

*Blink* *blink*

Why would anyone ever heal on cleric in this game? Oh, right, because clerics are traditionally healers. It's nice every class can fill the tank, heal, dps, and support roles. Especially here on prime, it's important to give players as much versatility as possible.

But.... Dude. How can I build my 50 cleric in full BIS from t1 experts and the vendor with 3 bis vendor essences and 3 raid rift essences to heal as well as my 45 rogue does in half greens and blues?

Physician is stupid good, but I don't want to fully grind it gear again when mine gets to fifty.

How can I build an EXPERT DUNGEON healer with cleric?

I need emergency buttons, throughput, and mana effeciency.

Suggestions?
    Cleric is the least versatile of classes. I just tell players role it for tanking since that seems to be its strongest suit. On live it is the same. The devs did not test for practicality of the class so when a soul was out of line they just nerfed the class into almost obsoletion. Same thing they are doing to them on Prime. This is why they seem to suck at everything else. Most of the top players figured that out awhile ago.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-08-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Cleric is the least versatile of classes. I just tell players role it for tanking since that seems to be its strongest suit. On live it is the same. The devs did not test for practicality of the class so when a soul was out of line they just nerfed the class into almost obsoletion. Same thing they are doing to them on Prime. This is why they seem to suck at everything else. Most of the top players figured that out awhile ago.
    I agree, if you want to play a Cleric, you need to play perfectly to even be able to come close to other classes. It's been this way since Storm Legion (with the exception of Purifier and sometimes Shaman), and it was like this even dps-wise in Classic.
    Last edited by Fia; 04-08-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Test

I have not tested it yet, but I will soon. I think a 41-44 sent/21-25 warden will work well. At 41-44 sent you have plenty of st healing and cds if you stay on top of mob dps. What I’m finding as cleric is aoe damage is a bugger to take care of, and thus I’m going to try warden as off spec for the group heals. I’ll post back once I’ve tested it, unless someone else does first.
    Last edited by Suffocte; 04-13-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Suffocte View Post
    I have not tested it yet, but I will soon. I think a 41-44 sent/21-25 warden will work well. At 41-44 sent you have plenty of st healing and cds if you stay on top of mob dps. What Iím finding as cleric is aoe damage is a bugger to take care of, and thus Iím going to try warden as off spec for the group heals. Iíll post back once Iíve tested it, unless someone else does first.
    I can already tell you that your healing will suffer greatly from this. But we'll see, maybe this spec is useable after all. (:

Soulwalker

This is really depressing to hear. I'm level 49 on my Cleric and have been only healing dungeons. If they are really bad in expert, I might have to go back and level another class. This is the first time I've really played rift. They were very misleading in the character creation saying that clerics specialize in healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I can already tell you that your healing will suffer greatly from this. But we'll see, maybe this spec is useable after all. (:
    This is essentially the spec I run with. Its perfectly fine in dungeons, and with Overflowing Renewal and Shared Excess, keeping up party members is a breeze. Raids however....this is not the case. Trash is a troublesome thing, and the bosses hit way too hard to solo heal with this spec.

Issue: Our hots in combination with Dangers of the Deep and Overflowing Renewal is still weaker than any other healing spec I've seen on any other class :<

I am still searching for an optimal healing spec as Cleric but I don't think anything will ever be as good as FK/Chloro or others.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Try healing the final fight in Expert: Abyssal Precipice as a cleric healer. It will make you say "Wtf" out loud, especially if you are just starting experts and you are in entry level gear. You probably won't even reach the final boss come to think about it. Clerics can't handle big tank hits and big aoe hits in the same fight.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

Warden isn't nearly as bad as most think it is. It definitely needs a certain gear level to start performing but it can pull competitive numbers.

Warden is however a spec that you can't just expect to make and be good at. It isn't dumbed down at all and to push it you need to know it in depth.

But yeah, for the majority of players cleric will suck for heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2