+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By All or Nothing
  • 1 Post By All or Nothing

Thread: Prime - Lv50 Sab guide

Soulwalker

Default Prime - Lv50 Sab guide

Hola!

Recently hit 50 and after completing multiply experts and being asked on stream how I play sab I made a video guide!

NOTE: Yes you might play it slightly different or with a different spec and thats cool let me know, constructive criticism is ace, elitism is not.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRcv...ature=youtu.be

Nice video and explanation guide.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

I am very much over Sab but it is the best trash spec on Prime.

Implosion engine and stun grenade can target players. I macro mine to cast @focus and focus the tank.

On longer fights, is it higher dps to use all your charges to try to keep annihilation up every 4 GCD or does the extra damage synergy of the other bombs make them as "charge" efficient as annihilation? Scatter doesn't even appear to work as far as "detonate once for each bomb on target".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    I am very much over Sab but it is the best trash spec on Prime.

Implosion engine and stun grenade can target players. I macro mine to cast @focus and focus the tank.

On longer fights, is it higher dps to use all your charges to try to keep annihilation up every 4 GCD or does the extra damage synergy of the other bombs make them as "charge" efficient as annihilation? Scatter doesn't even appear to work as far as "detonate once for each bomb on target".
    Trust me I hate it, I've tried to find something that out does it. I've played with other sabs that follow the annihilation tactics, I've never seen one do more damage! But I've never gave that tactic a try. If you follow this rotation scatter will do most of your damage it's insane.

I'll give the annihilation play style a go

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by All or Nothing View Post
    Trust me I hate it, I've tried to find something that out does it. I've played with other sabs that follow the annihilation tactics, I've never seen one do more damage! But I've never gave that tactic a try. If you follow this rotation scatter will do most of your damage it's insane.

I'll give the annihilation play style a go
    can you help explain the difference between Scatter & Annihilation tactics?

Soulwalker

Do you have a write up instead of a video?

Vs
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzebet View Post
    Do you have a write up instead of a video?
    Frag>anni>detonate
    Time bomb asap when proccd without wasting gratuitous combo points
    Cloud maker when proccd
    Try to avoid flashbang spam due to overspending of charges
    Last ditch effort when at minimal charges.
    Satchel charge is only finisher.

If aoe then just anni detonate spam following the same procc priority as listed above. Everything should be dead before you run out of charges.
    Last edited by Flossil; 03-28-2018 at 07:30 AM.

My signature isn't centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossil View Post
    Vs

Frag>anni>detonate
    Time bomb asap when proccd without wasting gratuitous combo points
    Cloud maker when proccd
    Try to avoid flashbang spam due to overspending of charges
    Last ditch effort when at minimal charges.
    Satchel charge is only finisher.

If aoe then just anni detonate spam following the same procc priority as listed above. Everything should be dead before you run out of charges.
    That sums it up as a rotation/priority, but there's a lot more going on if you want to min-max it.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

Cool KA for this Sab spec?

Quote Originally Posted by All or Nothing View Post
    Hola!

Recently hit 50 and after completing multiply experts and being asked on stream how I play sab I made a video guide!

NOTE: Yes you might play it slightly different or with a different spec and thats cool let me know, constructive criticism is ace, elitism is not.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRcv...ature=youtu.be
    -- First, thanks for the video ! Now, would you mind posting your kalert that shows the mixture and the charges ? Would love to have that so I can watch it easier !

Much obliged!

- Frappy on Prime

Soulwalker

Kalert for charges

KA:charges:auY1BeNotjs0KgzAQhN/IRoOxYU/iD/TSg9ibELaa1lBRyYa2UvruTaR8c9gZhmUg
    hhbWCTdtIZy1pxjR3jVBLlguuEyKVFRZGecSmO+EBvM05uagRI eH7nLq8Gom4zZl+mWmzsy91Uh6
    UPq9TguZp1br8tJWYTQMBBnnII8SsiQojlL/90MO+wd9oajObdX4xCvA2b7rH+9O7BvqH9MkOYA
    kalert for mixture
    KA:chemical:ad7rxeNotjsEOgjAQRH/FL9BasdLsiZSSeNADwRsJWaCGjSCGViMx/rstMW8Ou5P
    JzsIWCnj0OJsJwph5VGcGarBfnejtnpOBhO11omJxUFqmXLAEm A+HKPPkdHWQosNNeTmWWFNPbq6
    oGe+2rMehrrDtjKWXWbethTiSIGMOUgRxf+djHTY3+wWlz4XOv eMViNjy0N/ehU0sndkPK7U2wA

+ Reply to Thread