Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: [Guide]Mage Builds for PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    What of Dominator?
    Dominator is not a support
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Xly
    Rift Disciple

What of Dominator?
    Oh sweet summer child... Dom has been nerfed into oblivion and stripped of almost every useful bit of utility. It was never good at single target, but even the AOE / CC bits that used to be fun / helpful aren't really useful anymore.

Theres a better AoE spec then 51 SC, I will tel for Nudes. Fully nude only

Rift Disciple

I am intrigued if something better than 51 sc is out there

100% it's an MA hybrid, either something like 43 SC/23 MA or 34 MA/32 SC. Both of which are clunky as hell to play. AoE is less important than single target specs so I haven't done any testing outside of Stormcaller, which is sufficiently strong for dungeons and has a very smooth rotation.
    Last edited by Scourge; 03-30-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

What of Dominator?
    We dont speak of the dead...

It was originally a PvP soul, got halfway reworked and then forgotten about. It's fun to have some lul's with in a WF, but doesn't really have any use in most content.

Soulwalker

Default harb build?

Anyone have a Harbinger build? One of my favorite builds back during storm legion when I last played, I just don't remember the build entirely as far as what souls work with it, and best optimized setup.

plz and thank you

Harbinger doesn't function well right now. It's not a good leveling spec, good aoe spec, or good questing spec. If you are absolutely dead set on playing Harbinger, then 43 Harb/23 MA does the most damage, which is still ~20% behind other Mage ST specs. If you want a power questing and leveling spec like Harbinger was in SL, then play MA.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Rift Master

Harb functions just fine?

I use 7 Chloro/8 Ele along with 51 harb. There was another thread here on the forums that suggested SC instead of Chloro for a bit more pew power.

It's survivable, kills mobs, can actually handle 3 or 4, and has multiple utilities. And it's plenty fun to play.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Telaran

Your single target skill tree link has the zero-point soul as harb instead of pyro. So either the link needs changed, or the pic+macro+buffs needs changed.

Soulwalker

Can anyone recommend a good leveling version of a MA build? I just bought the soul, but am only level 37 so things like the 44 Ele build Im missing a lot of the key abilities

Quote Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good leveling version of a MA build? I just bought the soul, but am only level 37 so things like the 44 Ele build Im missing a lot of the key abilities
    There is a questing spec listed that is great for leveling. Prioritize putting points in MA, then Harb, then SC.
    Last edited by Scourge; 04-02-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    There is a questing spec listed that is great for leveling. Prioritize putting points in MA, then Harb, then SC.
    I probably should have been more specific: what about pre-50 dungeon dps? would you use the same questing spec? and thanks for the great post/advice!

Use the same spec for dungeons while leveling. The other specs all rely on being level 50.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Rift Disciple

This is my AE soloing archer spec @ 50

Mystic Archer 38, Storm 15, Pyro 13
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...9gEIsz0w/iJdgw

reasoning for talent choices
    Gets you fully improved Internalize Charge and 2/2 Conductive Medium as well as a whole bunch of early Storm / Pyro talents that up your damage. Has a few talents in MA that you may raise an eyebrow at, but if you look at the damage talents I could've taken instead...

the 4th point in String Your Bow only lowers the time needed from 6 to 4 seconds. the first point in this talent is the most important and even that is nearly pointless anyway its just a small boost to your first arcane shot. could probably remove pt 2 and 3 and put other places if need, like interrupt or movespeed. but you have to spend 35 to get the final 3 points (36, 37, 38) which are big dmg boost.

the 2 points in Arcane Summoning since you would never get this benefit in combat in this spec

soooooo...

i ended up going with 1 point in mana regen at the top of the tree and 1 in Arcane Wilds Explorer to have 6 Path charges instead of just 3. This is important to keep your dmg buff up and have the defensive available more often.

Buffs:
    Put up Pyro Armor and Elemental Gifts, keep IC up for your strongest attacks. Use your Stone / Air paths at least every 30 seconds to keep Path Less Travelled +% dmg buff up on you.

Utility / Defensives:
    You have 2 defensives to help you survive as you set-up, Burning Shield and Paths Rewritten. Jump around too much and you won't be able to use Paths Rewritten when needed or you'll run out of charge for IC if you spent it on Paths Converge to get more Paths charges.

Gameplay / Rotation:
    Pull 3+ mobs, gather, LoS casters to get them in also, then use Flash Fire and Earthen Sunder on CD. Drop your Shock Dispersal so at least 3 of your targets are on the outer ring.

Using FF and ES on CD and hitting at least 3 on the edge of SD will max your arrow generation, which you will use with Elemental Gifts to 1) keep yourself healed and alive and 2) deal some extra damage.

I also tried this against 5 and 8+ targets with Gifts off in dungeons, making sure to always use Internalize Charge on Elemental Barrage and its hilarious, but you lose your self healing.
    Last edited by Artifa; 04-02-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast