+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Eskwyre
  • 1 Post By Ethaar
  • 2 Post By Eskwyre

Thread: This Reaver talent (Warriors)

Soulwalker

Default This Reaver talent (Warriors)

Can the Warrior designer explain to me the reason behind this even being a talent? It takes up a talent spot on row 2 for an ability that Warriors don't even get access to till level 58.. What the actual ****? Can we get this baseline on the ability itself and actually have a useful talent replace it?

That's a big +1 from me.

and just my two cents...make REAVER a tank again...I miss that so much
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Meh, looks like warriors are running out of things to complain about. You have enough points to reach the top of the tree long before you hit 58. It really doesn't make a difference which row this talent is in as long as you are not forced to take it in order to open the next row.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ethaar View Post
    Meh, looks like warriors are running out of things to complain about. You have enough points to reach the top of the tree long before you hit 58. It really doesn't make a difference which row this talent is in as long as you are not forced to take it in order to open the next row.
    Why don't you just stop going on Warrior threads if you have nothing useful to contribute? THe talent is literally useless until you're at least level 58 and even then it's such a poorly designed talent it could be made baseline and there'd be no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Why don't you just stop going on Warrior threads if you have nothing useful to contribute? THe talent is literally useless until you're at least level 58 and even then it's such a poorly designed talent it could be made baseline and there'd be no difference.
    Uh oh!

I see that my attempt at humour (Warriors have plenty of things to complain about at the moment) might have made the entire response seem off-handed. That was not my intent.

I'd argue that pointing out mistakes in one's reasoning is one of the more useful things you can do - it's a call for discussion, and discussion is the only way towards progress. Patting each other on the back gets you nowhere. Back to the topic at hand.

It's not entirely clear to me what's your definition of "useful" in this context. For the purpose of this post I'll define "useful" as "making a difference". If you don't agree with this definition, provide a better one.

I agree that Deadly Reach is useless until level 58, but I see nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of talents that you don't spend points in until you get something higher in the tree. It's not a valid argument to remove it.

I don't agree that this talent is useless in general. Once you get access to Explosive Infestation, it's a noticeable damage boost. It makes a difference.

I don't think that second tier is the wrong place for it, or that any other tier would be a better place. The placement makes no difference. In every tier there are talents, some more useful than others, that won't be touched until you've filled talents higher up in the tree. You don't *need* to take Deadly Reach to get access to anything. It doesn't stop you from spending points in anything else. It just sits there waiting for its turn.

I don't agree, that it should be incorporated into the skill. The difference it makes is big enough to warrant having it as something you need to invest points in.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ethaar View Post
    Uh oh!

I see that my attempt at humour (Warriors have plenty of things to complain about at the moment) might have made the entire response seem off-handed. That was not my intent.

I'd argue that pointing out mistakes in one's reasoning is one of the more useful things you can do - it's a call for discussion, and discussion is the only way towards progress. Patting each other on the back gets you nowhere. Back to the topic at hand.

It's not entirely clear to me what's your definition of "useful" in this context. For the purpose of this post I'll define "useful" as "making a difference". If you don't agree with this definition, provide a better one.

I agree that Deadly Reach is useless until level 58, but I see nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of talents that you don't spend points in until you get something higher in the tree. It's not a valid argument to remove it.

I don't agree that this talent is useless in general. Once you get access to Explosive Infestation, it's a noticeable damage boost. It makes a difference.

I don't think that second tier is the wrong place for it, or that any other tier would be a better place. The placement makes no difference. In every tier there are talents, some more useful than others, that won't be touched until you've filled talents higher up in the tree. You don't *need* to take Deadly Reach to get access to anything. It doesn't stop you from spending points in anything else. It just sits there waiting for its turn.

I don't agree, that it should be incorporated into the skill. The difference it makes is big enough to warrant having it as something you need to invest points in.
    By the time you even get explosive infestation you are going to have that talented anyway. There's never a situation where you have the unbuffed version of EI. Thats why the talent is pointless.

I had a epiphany on how to fix it and make it less useless for current content on prime. Swap EI and the talent around, nerf the extra targets by 1 and add 2 levels to a 3 rank talent. Gives Reaver more DPS early to contend with literally any other class while also not really changing much.

Soulwalker

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    By the time you even get explosive infestation you are going to have that talented anyway. There's never a situation where you have the unbuffed version of EI. Thats why the talent is pointless.

I had a epiphany on how to fix it and make it less useless for current content on prime. Swap EI and the talent around, nerf the extra targets by 1 and add 2 levels to a 3 rank talent. Gives Reaver more DPS early to contend with literally any other class while also not really changing much.
    Seeing as how this is prime and level 50 is cap at the moment yea....

Telaran

Why expect anything different, warrior is an abomination compared to other classes. The other 3 are done fairly well, but warrior worst representation ever.

+ Reply to Thread