+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Deezil
  • 2 Post By Dinadass
  • 2 Post By Deezil
  • 2 Post By Dinadass
  • 1 Post By Curt
  • 2 Post By Malvolio
  • 1 Post By Deezil
  • 1 Post By EverydayAnomaly

Thread: Warrior information needed: Looking for Dev feedback

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default Warrior information needed: Looking for Dev feedback

    Are there any plans for Warriors at this point? I have well over 2000 hours played on a warrior and this is by far the worst I have ever seen it for them. Quest XP is horrible and the best way to level at this point is PvP or Dungeons but the Warrior class appears to be the lowest performing class by far. At max level once they are geared and have a pocket healer they will perform fine but again there is no reason to ever have a warrior in your group. I understand I have been out of the game for some time so please correct me if you feel I am wrong.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deezil View Post
    Are there any plans for Warriors at this point? I have well over 2000 hours played on a warrior and this is by far the worst I have ever seen it for them. Quest XP is horrible and the best way to level at this point is PvP or Dungeons but the Warrior class appears to be the lowest performing class by far. At max level once they are geared and have a pocket healer they will perform fine but again there is no reason to ever have a warrior in your group. I understand I have been out of the game for some time so please correct me if you feel I am wrong.
    Folks seriously need to stop asking for pre-end game balancing. Quest XP is being addressed this wed, maybe more in the future. Warriors do fine in warfronts, and if you que the looking for group finder it doesnt care what kind of dps you are. I havent seen any 'lf dps but no warriors' shouts in channel either.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Dinadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Folks seriously need to stop asking for pre-end game balancing. Quest XP is being addressed this wed, maybe more in the future. Warriors do fine in warfronts, and if you que the looking for group finder it doesnt care what kind of dps you are. I havent seen any 'lf dps but no warriors' shouts in channel either.
    I don't think asking for the game to have some semblance of balance pre-50 is out of line. Warriors are the most obvious example, but the other classes have a similar issue- if you prefer to play as one mage spec but feel obliged to play MA because it does twice as much damage, that should be fixed. The level 50 parses do show things change at 50 but that isn't an excuse for the whole journey to 50 to be so imbalanced.

    <Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Folks seriously need to stop asking for pre-end game balancing. Quest XP is being addressed this wed, maybe more in the future. Warriors do fine in warfronts, and if you que the looking for group finder it doesnt care what kind of dps you are. I havent seen any 'lf dps but no warriors' shouts in channel either.
    When it is required to PvP or chain queue dungeons to level you need to be as good as the other callings or why bother having the warrior. Yes you can do ST damage or tank in a dungeon but for those of us that would like to level in PvP, warriors are *** and there is no discussing it. Every other calling is better across the board and when you get to level 50 you will need to be very well geared and have a pocket healer to be competitive. And for the record, when the only people asking for pre-end game balancing are warriors there might be a reason for it. They could easily make it a better leveling experience while at the same time not having it affect end game balancing.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deezil View Post
    When it is required to PvP or chain queue dungeons to level you need to be as good as the other callings or why bother having the warrior. Yes you can do ST damage or tank in a dungeon but for those of us that would like to level in PvP, warriors are *** and there is no discussing it. Every other calling is better across the board and when you get to level 50 you will need to be very well geared and have a pocket healer to be competitive. And for the record, when the only people asking for pre-end game balancing are warriors there might be a reason for it. They could easily make it a better leveling experience while at the same time not having it affect end game balancing.
    Read the forums, pretty much everyone under the sun is asking for pre-end game balancing depending on what's OP at their current bracket. First it was Sab's, then Defiler, then its healers, next it will be whatever.

    I see a few warriors running around that are very effective in the 20/30 brackets.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I don't think asking for the game to have some semblance of balance pre-50 is out of line. Warriors are the most obvious example, but the other classes have a similar issue- if you prefer to play as one mage spec but feel obliged to play MA because it does twice as much damage, that should be fixed. The level 50 parses do show things change at 50 but that isn't an excuse for the whole journey to 50 to be so imbalanced.
    In a perfect world, I 100% agree. However looking at Rift's recent history, there hasnt been a lot of balancing being done. If balancing were to get done at this point, would you rather that apparently limited attention it gets be devoted to end game leveling where it matters the most both for Prime and Live, or to tweak pre-50 experience that folks will be through in no time.

    Not that there are not things that annoy me, but given the apparent limited resources I just think it should be devoted to where it has the most impact long term.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Dinadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    In a perfect world, I 100% agree. However looking at Rift's recent history, there hasnt been a lot of balancing being done. If balancing were to get done at this point, would you rather that apparently limited attention it gets be devoted to end game leveling where it matters the most both for Prime and Live, or to tweak pre-50 experience that folks will be through in no time.

    Not that there are not things that annoy me, but given the apparent limited resources I just think it should be devoted to where it has the most impact long term.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It's disappointing paying for a game that has this many issues though. It really feels like this server was not ready to launch but they pushed it out the door anyway.

    <Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I posted in another thread as well how clearly obvious warriors are under performing compared to other classes as a whole. It certainly feels like Trion as a company just doesn't get why peeps roll a warrior.

    We don't wanna heal, We don't wanna range dps especially wielding a big ax in the air at nothing at least give us a bow to range with so we don't look so stupid doing it. We want to tank or melee combat, the only reason we do heal or range dps is because the ones who don't quit want to feel useful to their guild mates.

    Beginning to think maybe this is just a quick cash grab, since I left years ago nothing is better lag is baaaaaaddd and we have the worst balance ever.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    especially wielding a big ax in the air at nothing at least give us a bow to range with so we don't look so stupid doing it.
    You can control this to some extent via your wardrobe.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    464

    Default

    For everyone claiming things even out at 50 you can very easily log onto twitch.tv and watch different streams of the current 50s doing experts. It is not even close to balanced.

    I just finished watching 4 rogues: 1 RS Tank, 3 Sabs, and a Cleric (Sentinel/Purifier) faceroll a few runs. The rogues took care of the AOE and believe it or not the highest DPS ST on bosses was the sentinel healer.

    Its clear to me that we are under a misconception. We were warned not to and most of us did not expect a 1 for 1 vanilla experience. However, even with our measured expectations we did not predict this level of disarray. We are currently involved in a "pay to beta test an idea server" not a true progression server.

    The problem is two fold: firstly they didn't tell people what they were getting into and secondly they didn't even equip the server to not **** the bed every evening and weekend.

    Now easily you can run to the FAQ and the "Prepare for Prime" and say Mal they didn't lie we have the features mentioned. But certain things are assumed. One assumes an online service will be stable and in modern cloud technology and the IoT spectrum servers not being scalable to meet demand is no longer excusable. One also assumes a game designed with an emphasis on "choices" wouldn't have glaring balance issues negating 70% of those options.

    Now I expect the EXP thing to be smoothed out soon, but if a company cannot manage to perform a balance iteration in over 11 months with the income of whales and gambling why should we expect anything different? I honestly have no clue how much effort Trion is going to put in. They are active on Prime forums and in Vigil chat maybe that's a good sign.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Honestly, for me personally, I understand that there will be imbalances but to use the trashy and myopic explanation that "it's pre 50 and you idiots should shut up" is childish. The leveling experience is part of the fun for a lot of people and asking for a little bit of parity to make it actually enjoyable isn't asking for too much. It is a simple request and something they NEED to do especially because they can do it without affecting their so-called end game balance at all. When you have a Cleric doing 100k damage in a WF and the next closest person is 50k is major game flaw and that's one example.

  12. #12
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deezil View Post
    Honestly, for me personally, I understand that there will be imbalances but to use the trashy and myopic explanation that "it's pre 50 and you idiots should shut up" is childish. The leveling experience is part of the fun for a lot of people and asking for a little bit of parity to make it actually enjoyable isn't asking for too much. It is a simple request and something they NEED to do especially because they can do it without affecting their so-called end game balance at all. When you have a Cleric doing 100k damage in a WF and the next closest person is 50k is major game flaw and that's one example.
    I agree the balancing is bad.

    However, the damage on your meter for cleric is actually a reflection of the damage a cleric does to himself with the defiler spec plus the damage he does to others. If the meter actually registered what the damage just the target received, it would be almost half. That is why you will see at 70 there will be no defilers in raids or dungeons, they just don't have the dps. Druid is the top cleric dps spec at 70, and probably at 50 as well, if you count only the damage done to the target. The problem is, some fights you can't use druid or you have to make an exception and play it differently (since Cleric has no other viable DPS spec). Cleric heals are weak at 65 and above, useless in most cases, although if you are geared well enough, you can AoE heal and Wardicle is the preferred spec for Raids at 70. No range spec is really viable for them.

    Mystic Archer for mage is rarely used at 70. Its good AoE for trash packs but the ST dps is abysmal. Some fights you don't have time to swap (don't get out of combat) so Ele or Warlock are the go to specs. They are number 3 in dps at 70 behind Rogue and Cleric.

    Sab and BD for rogues, on the other hand, they are way out of whack even at 70. Want top DPS? Roll rogue.

    Warriors' top dps spec is a healer. Niche use but it is very powerful on a few encounters. otherwise, no bueno for Warriors. 4th best DPS in most cases.

    This is the way it has been for almost a year. It is NOT going to change in my opinion. Otherwise, they would have fixed it months ago with so many people leaving the game over the balancing.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  13. #13
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Folks seriously need to stop asking for pre-end game balancing. Quest XP is being addressed this wed, maybe more in the future. Warriors do fine in warfronts, and if you que the looking for group finder it doesnt care what kind of dps you are. I havent seen any 'lf dps but no warriors' shouts in channel either.
    Actually, I see those shouts all the time. They don't say, no warriors, but they do say "Sab or MA" - OR - "Sab or MA preferred". Warrior does not have either of those souls - or cleric, either, for that matter. The group comp for DPS that is asked for in channel do NOT include Warrior or Cleric. Like i said, I see it all day long in chat.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts