+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Deew's School for Kids Who Can't Chloro Good and Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default Deew's School for Kids Who Can't Chloro Good and Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff

    Deew's Chloro Guide


    The Builds

    Free to play build This is the build to use before your purchase harb.
    *This is also the reflect build to use on those bosses which do a lot of spell damage or spell mechanics.
    Proper build w/ harb offsoul This is the build to use when you purchase Harb.

    Proper build w/ Frostkeeper offsoul The endgame build when you purchase Frostkeeper


    Macros

    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Withering Vine

    (Withering vine will only cast if you're moving)

    #show Synthesis
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Synthesis

    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Bloom

    #show Resurgence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Resurgence

    #show Healing Torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Torrent

    #show Natural Healing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Natural Healing

    #show Essence Surge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Essence Surge

    #show Soul Tether
    suppressmacrofailures
    raid Brorez on %t
    cast @mouseoverui Soul Tether

    #show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group01 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group02 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group03 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group04 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group05 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group06 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group07 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group08 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group09 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group10 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group11 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group12 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group13 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group14 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group15 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group16 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group17 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group18 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group19 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group20 Nature's Cleansing

    Never macro Break Free. Never macro ruin on top of your macros. Make individual keybinds for Natures Touch, Ruin, Withering Vine, Radiant Spores, Living Storm, Natural Conversion, Flourish, Wild Growth, etc.

    Video Guides

    How to properly use Entropic Veil

    How to properly use Combos

    How to properly use Boon of Life and Travel Time to your advantage

    How to combine all the above techniques into a rotation


    Ask questions if you got em and enjoy!
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-29-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    [reserved for future use]
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    You should watch the Videos to be better Chloromancers, Deew is the best Chloromancer I know



    Deew's reason for not wanting to have Ruin is the macro is so you can save it for when you have to move, so you have an ability to cast to heal the tank otherwise your spamming Withering Vine.

    For Break Free the only reason would be PvP, as no Raid mechanic I know will ever trigger it.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    You should watch the Videos to be better Chloromancers, Deew is the best Chloromancer I know



    Deew's reason for not wanting to have Ruin is the macro is so you can save it for when you have to move, so you have an ability to cast to heal the tank otherwise your spamming Withering Vine.

    For Break Free the only reason would be PvP, as no Raid mechanic I know will ever trigger it.
    Thank you, Drogain.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Thank you, Drogain.
    First let me say thanks for the guide and also thanks Burning for your guide too.

    I am having a problem with the "spam macro." It never casts withering vine because Vile Spores is always able to be cast. Can someone help me with this?

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post
    First let me say thanks for the guide and also thanks Burning for your guide too.

    I am having a problem with the "spam macro." It never casts withering vine because Vile Spores is always able to be cast. Can someone help me with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Withering Vine

    (Withering vine will only cast if you're moving)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Make individual keybinds for Natures Touch, Ruin, Withering Vine, Radiant Spores, Living Storm, Natural Conversion, Flourish, Wild Growth, etc.
    Individual keybinds are best. The macro system in rift is a priority based macro, meaning those at top are cast first, if possible, if not the macro goes down the list. If you are standing still, vile spores is cast, if you are moving, withering vine is cast. You could also go as far as to put ruin underneath vile spores for when you are moving around as a quality of life macro.

    You will want to put withering vine on its own keybind to manually apply and maintain it on 3x mobs (if possible).

    Edit: There are more advanced macros that you can use as well, but not for the average beginner. For example, on PRIME I use,

    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] living storm
    cast vile spores
    cast ruin
    cast withering vines

    This is bound to my 2 key.
    • If I spam 2 while standing still, it casts vile spores.
    • If I press Alt + 2, it casts living storm.
    • If I am running around and press 2, it will first cast ruin (if avail) and then cast withering vine.

    This requires you not to have any of your other hotkeys set to an Alt + # keybind already. You can do the same type of macro for other abilities, such as radiant spores etc. This reduces the number of hotbar slots you use, and still allows for separate keybinding abilities for min maxing.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Individual keybinds are best. The macro system in rift is a priority based macro, meaning those at top are cast first, if possible, if not the macro goes down the list. If you are standing still, vile spores is cast, if you are moving, withering vine is cast. You could also go as far as to put ruin underneath vile spores for when you are moving around as a quality of life macro.

    You will want to put withering vine on its own keybind to manually apply and maintain it on 3x mobs (if possible).

    Edit: There are more advanced macros that you can use as well, but not for the average beginner. For example, on PRIME I use,

    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] living storm
    cast vile spores
    cast ruin
    cast withering vines

    This is bound to my 2 key.
    • If I spam 2 while standing still, it casts vile spores.
    • If I press Alt + 2, it casts living storm.
    • If I am running around and press 2, it will first cast ruin (if avail) and then cast withering vine.

    This requires you not to have any of your other hotkeys set to an Alt + # keybind already. You can do the same type of macro for other abilities, such as radiant spores etc. This reduces the number of hotbar slots you use, and still allows for separate keybinding abilities for min maxing.
    Great info. Thanks so much!

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    For Break Free the only reason would be PvP, as no Raid mechanic I know will ever trigger it.
    There's plenty of Expert dungeon boss mechanics that Break Free will get you out of. I know off hand Tar'Julia live Tartaric Depths it works as well and it's a raid mechanic.

    Since Break Free will only fire off if it can get you unstunned/stuck it doesn't hurt to macro it. It's not like the it will go on CD if you do.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    There's plenty of Expert dungeon boss mechanics that Break Free will get you out of. I know off hand Tar'Julia live Tartaric Depths it works as well and it's a raid mechanic.

    Since Break Free will only fire off if it can get you unstunned/stuck it doesn't hurt to macro it. It's not like the it will go on CD if you do.
    The point is you do not want to macro it because then you lose the control to break free out of something more important. If you just macro break free, it will just cause problems down the road. You want the freedom to choose what to break free from.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    51

    Default

    wow much guide

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Pro Tip: Natural Healing at level 36 is op. Use it.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  12. #12
    Xly
    Xly is online now
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] living storm
    cast vile spores
    cast ruin
    cast withering vines
    You could - as another tiny QoL thingy - macro Living Storm under Withering Vines, because LS does go off when facing away from the target.

    Awesome guide, as always

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Updated the specs to move 3 points into Nature's Swiftness. When you get Natural Healing at 36, you want 3 points in this talent for 1.5 sec cast time.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-29-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  14. #14
    Plane Touched JVassie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Deeew, your link to the build w/ Frostkeeper off soul doesn't actually have Frostkeeper in it - wrong build copy/paste I guess?
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

  15. #15
    Shadowlander Nineeighteight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Such a lost opportunity to say "...Want to Learn to Deeew Other Stuff"

    Great guide, as usual
    Last edited by Nineeighteight; 03-29-2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Words

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts