+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Viability

Soulwalker

Default Bard Viability

Hey all,

I played a Chloromancer at launch of the original game. I want to switch it up and Iím currently considering a Bard. Are Bards viable for the most difficult 5-man content, or would I be better off playing a different Soul? Are they viable for PvP?

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

U can't compare them since Chloro is a heal soul and bard is a support role.

Bard will be a potential raid support I think. And in 5 man content it can be ok in some fights. That's AL I can say about M prime experience so far. I'm playing Chloro in some dungeons and it's working fine since ever ;-)

I have been running bard and I do decent dps.... variance with from 1-3.... but most times 3.

Running the motifs, buffing stats, doing an AE cleanse...all while doing AE/ST damage plus the ocassional heal is solid at low levels.

Higher levels increasing the spell damage or physical damage done depending on group makeup clearly makes up for the damage....

Bard/Ranger with the beefed up pet is the main setup...

Just got Tact... so am working a BardTact now for a bit more heals/AE damage

Bard / Nightblade

Currently running this Bard build : https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wn24a8/vnAlaB1iyy/A

The point of this build is to be providing the most important buffs as well as providing a descent dps. This is not optimized for healing.

CONS :

- My maintained dps is about 70% of what I can do with my full ST dps spec.
    - I lose a few utility spells as Verse of Vitality / Anthem of Fervor / Verse of Joy.
    - Bad heal output

PROS :

I am able to provide the most important buffs with ease
    - The burst damage with Virtuoso is quite impactful
    - Coda of Fury provide a decent cleave and coupled with Virtuoso it's a really nice AOE burst.
    - 100% ranged spec

There is no need for macro. The build is pretty strait forward. Buff your damage and debuff the target by using Finishers. Use your builders by damage input order. Do not macro Riff.

Offsoul can be Marksman / Riftstalker for the mobility aspect / Physician for the ST healing / BladeDancer for the dodge CD

Do not take assassin, the poison do not stack with your nightblade weaponbuff !

Is this the Blard build? I found that original post somewhere and it looked really cool, but granted, it was for SL ( I think the video was of the guy on the beta for SL at the time...called it the Duracell bard). Still if there is something comparable I would DELETE my Cleric and go Rogue again.
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

I don't know what the Duracell Bard, i just made that build up by looking at Talent's Tree and good pretty good results. If i refer to the Druid/Juiticiar which is called Duracell cleric i think, this isn't the build you're looking for.

If i'm not mistaken you are looking for a build with a lot of selfhealing able to take packs in AOE ?
    Vigil : @Kreezhem Rogue lvl 50

<Eyes of Eternity>: EU PVE guild is now recruiting.

I was referring to this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU26xZl3o_c

Your point spread was similar, so I was hoping
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

+ Reply to Thread