+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warrior changes needed

Soulwalker

Default Warrior changes needed

As far as DPS goes we are definitely on the lowest end of the pool. Our utility is nice mid-higher lvls, so no real complaints there. Rogues just flat out have better tanking capabilities for most all level ranges making the Warrior drop to basically 1 role, Support.

Some changes that I think would coincide with appropriate leveling would be to move around a few unlocks for the offensive soul trees. For example, the Tempest should have Charged Pulse switched with Chain Pulse, I think that we really need things like Storm Torrent and Wavelength to have any sort of competitive dps for 20-50. Storm Torrent should become the level 48 ability and Wavelength should be the 51 points spent instead of 61.

Those are my personal preferences as I use Tempest the most, however all damaging abilities across the Warrior soul board need some sort of increase in damage, i mean like ALL of them. Warrior is fun, but at 50 we are either a BM or a Healer which makes me sad, we need adjustments badly. Our soloability is ok~, but group/raid-wise we are obsolete.

Default mmm

My warrior is very useless in wf vs sabo o cleric. no dmg

I think i need delete and make rogue

Quote Originally Posted by VenserTheExiled View Post
    Warrior is fun, but at 50 we are either a BM or a Healer which makes me sad, we need adjustments badly. Our soloability is ok~, but group/raid-wise we are obsolete.
    Are you 50 on the Prime server? I ask because the single target parses that were done by level 50s in quest gear had one of the warrior builds near the top.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

If you're not 50, you can't really assume warrior are bad. There's not even near as enough data to say which class is dominating and which isn't right now. Wait a couple weeks when bunch of 50s will be full expert gear / some raid gear and then make assumption warrior needs changes. I currently play warrior and I don't see a bit of issue with it. I'm not expecting to be the top dps, nor the bottom one. I depends what players I get grouped with, I'm middle of the pack or top dps in most dungeons I've ran so far.

Remember rift is a niche game, you need to play a niche spec for w/e you're running. Heavy AOE = X spec, need good ST then play Y spec. It's always been that way and always will... but I don't think warrior or as bad as you're saying.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nokta View Post
    If you're not 50, you can't really assume warrior are bad. There's not even near as enough data to say which class is dominating and which isn't right now. Wait a couple weeks when bunch of 50s will be full expert gear / some raid gear and then make assumption warrior needs changes. I currently play warrior and I don't see a bit of issue with it. I'm not expecting to be the top dps, nor the bottom one. I depends what players I get grouped with, I'm middle of the pack or top dps in most dungeons I've ran so far.

Remember rift is a niche game, you need to play a niche spec for w/e you're running. Heavy AOE = X spec, need good ST then play Y spec. It's always been that way and always will... but I don't think warrior or as bad as you're saying.

or just play sabo rogue, and your good for sT and AOE. Win win

GG rift! bye warriros

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    or just play sabo rogue, and your good for sT and AOE. Win win

GG rift! bye warriros
    At low levels sure. In the 30s there are some builds that do better aoe and lots that do better single target. It's probably going to be even more true at 50.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    At low levels sure. In the 30s there are some builds that do better aoe and lots that do better single target. It's probably going to be even more true at 50.
    just saw a streamer, he was 40+. Every rogue he was in group with, owned him in dps , no matter what he did

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    just saw a streamer, he was 40+. Every rogue he was in group with, owned him in dps , no matter what he did
    Yeah and if he was grouped with a competent aoe cleric or MA they would have been even higher.

Telaran

Yeah and if he was grouped with a competent aoe cleric or MA they would have been even higher.
    so agian to the posts point. Warriors are super weak Why not fix it?

Telaran

Agreed, Obbi made a bunch of replies/thread saying warriors are ****. Go ahead, play the flavor of the month, go sabo, then realize that when you have actual good players in your group in the 35-45 range sabo is just fine. Stop crying about warriors being bad when they're fine. I'd be curious to know what level you are to complain about damage anyways. None of that **** matters under level 50. Never did, never will.

Soulwalker

Agreed, Obbi made a bunch of replies/thread saying warriors are ****. Go ahead, play the flavor of the month, go sabo, then realize that when you have actual good players in your group in the 35-45 range sabo is just fine. Stop crying about warriors being bad when they're fine. I'd be curious to know what level you are to complain about damage anyways. None of that **** matters under level 50. Never did, never will.

Actually , when the lower dungeons have dps checks , having a warrior can be troublesome. Thankfully there arent that many and when there is one , hopefully u have a MA or cleric that can ST carry the warrior , since warriors actually have a decent aoe spec in Champion.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shinosora View Post
    Actually , when the lower dungeons have dps checks , having a warrior can be troublesome. Thankfully there arent that many and when there is one , hopefully u have a MA or cleric that can ST carry the warrior , since warriors actually have a decent aoe spec in Champion.
    Depends what spec the warrior is, generally speaking while leveling, 1st, 2nd and even 3rd dungeon I was 1st or 2nd on the meter as Paragon. Warrior ST is fine and if there's a dps check some warrior ST spec will do better than others. That's how rifts work tho. Don't expect a champion to do as much ST as a Paragon, and don't expect Paragon to pull crazy AOE numbers like Champion. People have to be prepared when queuin'g ideally have 2 spec and switching when necessary. This doesn't mean the class is trash.

Soulwalker

Depends what spec the warrior is, generally speaking while leveling, 1st, 2nd and even 3rd dungeon I was 1st or 2nd on the meter as Paragon. Warrior ST is fine and if there's a dps check some warrior ST spec will do better than others. That's how rifts work tho. Don't expect a champion to do as much ST as a Paragon, and don't expect Paragon to pull crazy AOE numbers like Champion. People have to be prepared when queuin'g ideally have 2 spec and switching when necessary. This doesn't mean the class is trash.
    You are level 22, please come back and reply that things are fine when you have more evidence to base your claims on.

Soulwalker

or u could rep ur warrior with a sab or mystic archer who can AOE and ST better than the warrior.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Psynee View Post
    You are level 22, please come back and reply that things are fine when you have more evidence to base your claims on.
    Except the guy is crying about low level warrior BS. I'm telling him that on low level I am able to be up there on the meter and holding my ground against sabo in ST. Now ofc sabo is really good in AOE, it's supposed to be.... I think people are going a bit too crazy on the warrior thing tbh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast