+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric - Defilier Build

Default Cleric - Defilier Build

Can anyone tell me why this soul does 3x the damage of Sab in WF's at 30+ and 10x the damage of all other souls in WF's?

I understand its DOT'S but when 1 guy can destroy a 10 man team solo, its pretty dissuading to want to even try to PvP. Miser does over 2k damage execute style when players have 5k health. Pretty silly.

My .02
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

How do you get the Defiler soul?

Quote Originally Posted by mallencons View Post
    How do you get the Defiler soul?

You can buy it for 2k planarite from a soul vendor. Look either in Sanctum next to Shyla or Meridian near the class trainers, not far from the porticulum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    Can anyone tell me why this soul does 3x the damage of Sab in WF's at 30+ and 10x the damage of all other souls in WF's?

I understand its DOT'S but when 1 guy can destroy a 10 man team solo, its pretty dissuading to want to even try to PvP. Miser does over 2k damage execute style when players have 5k health. Pretty silly.

My .02
    I just ran into a opposing team in the 30s bracket that had 4 defilers, they did a combined damage of several hundred thousand.

I feel ya buddy, I really do. Lets hope the damage/heals even out at 50 ...

cleanse

/10chars
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Defiler was implemented in Storm Legion. It wasn't well balanced at lower levels as the DoTs base damage is rather too big.

For example at lvl 25, a defiler DoT will do around 1300 over 18 seconds and an inquisitor DoT will do around 600 (on the tooltip).

I would like to say this will balance out by level 50, but I'm not quite sure it will. The reason defiler isn't used in PvE is because skills later down the trees buff other souls considerably, but without these being accessible I think defiler might be the go to for endgame.

You can cleanse the dots, but you can't cleanse a 5 stacked Aggressive Averice, plus cleansing 6 DoTs is impractical, so ignore the ill informed poster above.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Defiler was implemented in Storm Legion. It wasn't well balanced at lower levels as the DoTs base damage is rather too big.

For example at lvl 25, a defiler DoT will do around 1300 over 18 seconds and an inquisitor DoT will do around 600 (on the tooltip).

I would like to say this will balance out by level 50, but I'm not quite sure it will. The reason defiler isn't used in PvE is because skills later down the trees buff other souls considerably, but without these being accessible I think defiler might be the go to for endgame.

You can cleanse the dots, but you can't cleanse a 5 stacked Aggressive Averice, plus cleansing 6 DoTs is impractical, so ignore the ill informed poster above.
    try playing defiler in pvp against a sent with 1s gcd cleanse or frostkeeper with 2 dot cleanse and come again
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Soulwalker

i came to say cleasene but it was said earlier.

Rift Disciple

Defilers can also set the dots to explode when cleansed -- so be careful. It is nice though for a cleric to have a chance against rogues/mages in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Defilers can also set the dots to explode when cleansed -- so be careful. It is nice though for a cleric to have a chance against rogues/mages in pvp
    How do they do that? I only see something that causes Marrow Harvest to do damage when cleansed, which is much lower damage than their dots.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    How do they do that? I only see something that causes Marrow Harvest to do damage when cleansed, which is much lower damage than their dots.
    Its only possible for Marrow Harvest, there is no way to do this for all of the other DoTs.

Rift Master

Soul Collector is a level 61 mastery which I don't think would be available in level 50 builds on Prime?
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

Plane Touched

All bow down to your defiler overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    try playing defiler in pvp against a sent with 1s gcd cleanse or frostkeeper with 2 dot cleanse and come again
    You are referring to legendaries on Live why? Was this conversation not about Prime?

And you asked me to come again. Don't you feel silly now..

Oh and Marrow Harvest will kill a healer if he constantly cleanses it, I'm referring to PRIME here.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-19-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    So who is doing the healing since this guy will be stuck on debuff cleansing himself? This is a seriously silly argument to have.

As for things changing at 50? Um, no. These skills are based around Legendaries/61+ skills etc. 1 good defilier can pretty much cripple an opposing team.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast