+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric - Defilier Build

  1. #16
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    You are referring to legendaries on Live why? Was this conversation not about Prime?

    And you asked me to come again. Don't you feel silly now..


    Oh and Marrow Harvest will kill a healer if he constantly cleanses it, I'm referring to PRIME here.
    ??????????????????????

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1904621341

    3/3 deep cleansing.

    ????????????????????????

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/573428586

    3/3 merciful appeal.

    HelLo? CoMe aGaIN?
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  2. #17
    Telaran Buzzkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    this soul does 3x the damage of Sab
    I agree. Buff rogues. I want cleanse in every spec.
    Last edited by Buzzkiller; 03-19-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    > My YouTube Channel <

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    #1 Assassin - Smartyr@Seastone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    the most effective game changing rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    doesn't have back pedaling and keyboard turning

  3. #18
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Defiler was implemented in Storm Legion. It wasn't well balanced at lower levels as the DoTs base damage is rather too big.

    For example at lvl 25, a defiler DoT will do around 1300 over 18 seconds and an inquisitor DoT will do around 600 (on the tooltip).

    I would like to say this will balance out by level 50, but I'm not quite sure it will. The reason defiler isn't used in PvE is because skills later down the trees buff other souls considerably, but without these being accessible I think defiler might be the go to for endgame.

    You can cleanse the dots, but you can't cleanse a 5 stacked Aggressive Averice, plus cleansing 6 DoTs is impractical, so ignore the ill informed poster above.
    Speaking of ill informed posters, you can cleanse the dots as fast as they can apply them. Not sure why you seem to think they can put up 6 dots in 1 gcd

  4. #19
    Telaran Cal_KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambee Turner View Post
    Speaking of ill informed posters, you can cleanse the dots as fast as they can apply them. Not sure why you seem to think they can put up 6 dots in 1 gcd
    This is where you are wrong and he is right.
    Bond of Pain: https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/-60434978

    Know thy enemy!!!!

    So again, you have to make a choice. Heal or Dispel? Either way you are going to die or your team will against a Defiler unless you stack healers.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

  5. #20
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    This is where you are wrong and he is right.
    Bond of Pain: https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/-60434978

    Know thy enemy!!!!

    So again, you have to make a choice. Heal or Dispel? Either way you are going to die or your team will against a Defiler unless you stack healers.
    it applies 4 dots at max level, not 6. 4 of your weakest dots. On a 1min cd.

    defiler runs a 1.5s gcd and is a dot spec.

    Sent cleanses at 1s gcd
    Puri can sterilize every 20s
    Frostkeeper CLEANSES 3 DOTS EVERY 1.5S

    and that's just the list that can hard counter defiler, not talking about how every healer can spam cleanse and nullify a single dps from doing nothing.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  6. #21
    Telaran Cal_KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    it applies 4 dots at max level, not 6. 4 of your weakest dots. On a 1min cd.

    defiler runs a 1.5s gcd and is a dot spec.

    Sent cleanses at 1s gcd
    Puri can sterilize every 20s
    Frostkeeper CLEANSES 3 DOTS EVERY 1.5S

    and that's just the list that can hard counter defiler, not talking about how every healer can spam cleanse and nullify a single dps from doing nothing.
    Bro its not just about the dots, but the damage that comes WITH the application. Those 4 dots+Marrow which can be applied under cover (because you don't notice it till it blows) = lots of damage. On TOP of the application the Rage is instantly at 5 which Rage Det hits for a TON. So again I say, you gotta heal or cleanse. In a 1v1 yes a healer is hard to take down as a Defiler, but in group PvP you have to worry about a ton of other factors besides just those dots which becomes over whelming.

    I will just keep on destroying groups of players while you can believe that cleansing is the way.

    See ya on the battlefield!
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

  7. #22
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    Bro its not just about the dots, but the damage that comes WITH the application. Those 4 dots+Marrow which can be applied under cover (because you don't notice it till it blows) = lots of damage. On TOP of the application the Rage is instantly at 5 which Rage Det hits for a TON. So again I say, you gotta heal or cleanse. In a 1v1 yes a healer is hard to take down as a Defiler, but in group PvP you have to worry about a ton of other factors besides just those dots which becomes over whelming.

    I will just keep on destroying groups of players while you can believe that cleansing is the way.

    See ya on the battlefield!
    I'm pretty sure I don't need you to tell me how to play defiler and I know what I'm talking about. Next time I see your character I'll make sure to go sent and follow you around the entire warfront spamming cleanse and take a screenshot of you destroying groups of people!

    Then maybe you'll have a change of heart :^)
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-21-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  8. #23
    Ascendant Dinadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    Bro its not just about the dots, but the damage that comes WITH the application. Those 4 dots+Marrow which can be applied under cover (because you don't notice it till it blows) = lots of damage. On TOP of the application the Rage is instantly at 5 which Rage Det hits for a TON. So again I say, you gotta heal or cleanse. In a 1v1 yes a healer is hard to take down as a Defiler, but in group PvP you have to worry about a ton of other factors besides just those dots which becomes over whelming.

    I will just keep on destroying groups of players while you can believe that cleansing is the way.

    See ya on the battlefield!
    It gives 1 rage when you apply all rage dots, not a full stack of 5.

    <Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

  9. #24
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    ??????????????????????

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1904621341

    3/3 deep cleansing.

    ????????????????????????

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/573428586

    3/3 merciful appeal.

    HelLo? CoMe aGaIN?

    I take your point, I'm not going to try retaliate here as clearly I was the one ill informed. For some reason I thought you were referring to the overall 1gcd later down the tree.

    In truth, you would want a dedicated cleanser and a couple of healers in a warfront. Then this also negates the argument that there is no one healing when you're cleansing and the fact sentinel is not the best of the bunch for PvP. This would put a lot of stress on the defilers for sure.

    It's not my favourite spec because of this weakness, but it's the only legit spec clerics have atm for PvP.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-22-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  10. #25
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I take your point, I'm not going to try retaliate here as clearly I was the one ill informed. For some reason I thought you were referring to the overall 1gcd later down the tree.

    In truth, you would want a dedicated cleanser and a couple of healers in a warfront. Then this also negates the argument that there is no one healing when you're cleansing and the fact sentinel is not the best of the bunch for PvP. This would put a lot of stress on the defilers for sure.

    It's not my favourite spec because of this weakness, but it's the only legit spec clerics have atm for PvP.
    Yeah it's super unfortunate, but this is what happens when your main dps specs get reworked in storm legion and all your damage is earned after 50.

    and I think runeshaper was also good until they nerfed it by 51% yesterday.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  11. #26
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Expel harm is 16 pts in FK, but that only cleanse one at a time, talent needs 30 pts + 2 pts for full effect. (deep cleanse)
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts