+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Rogue tank rotation and macro

Default Need help with Rogue tank rotation and macro

As the title says, just purchased another role to play Tank. Whats the current rotation used and any macros that make life easier? Thanks.

Personally, I bind Phantom Blow and Planar Strike together, and I have a macro for the various "anti-CC" abilities, but that's it.
    All other abilities are used seperate.
    "Rotation" depends on the encounter. Once you undertand the basics of what tanking is about, it's clear what to use, and when.

Life will get a lot easier at higher levels, when the uniqueness of Riftstalker comes to light and you can really use the class to its full potential.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Quote Originally Posted by mattlow View Post
    As the title says, just purchased another role to play Tank. Whats the current rotation used and any macros that make life easier? Thanks.
    Here is The Build, Skills and Macros that I am using. So far it works for me.
    "If the Healer dies it is the Tank's fault, if the Tank dies it is the Healers fault, if the DPS dies it is their OWN DAMN FAULT!"

Death Before Dishonor Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Bear1968 View Post
    Here is The Build, Skills and Macros that I am using. So far it works for me.
    This is reliable for 50 level content, prior to 50 going for RS and Bard with 0 point on bladedancer is more viable, since bard is also increasing max health you have for each point you spent and "Side Steps" is quite decent cooldown for big trash packs with physical attacks, you will find it easier to tank with it.

At 50 rs/bard/ranger, rs/tact/ranger or rs/tact/bard variants will be more reliable after reaching certain gear level.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    This is reliable for 50 level content, prior to 50 going for RS and Bard with 0 point on bladedancer is more viable, since bard is also increasing max health you have for each point you spent and "Side Steps" is quite decent cooldown for big trash packs with physical attacks, you will find it easier to tank with it.

At 50 rs/bard/ranger, rs/tact/ranger or rs/tact/bard variants will be more reliable after reaching certain gear level.
    Nice! I will have to look at that after maintenance is over.
    I should have mentioned that the build I posted really starts coming together around level 30 and at 50 eventually I like to throw in a Tactician variation.
    I have not had a problem at lower levels with it but I then again I do not Tank many PUGs.

BTW Just picked up Traction last night. For 2k Planarite it was a steal
    "If the Healer dies it is the Tank's fault, if the Tank dies it is the Healers fault, if the DPS dies it is their OWN DAMN FAULT!"

Death Before Dishonor Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Bear1968 View Post
    Nice! I will have to look at that after maintenance is over.
    I should have mentioned that the build I posted really starts coming together around level 30 and at 50 eventually I like to throw in a Tactician variation.
    I have not had a problem at lower levels with it but I then again I do not Tank many PUGs.

BTW Just picked up Traction last night. For 2k Planarite it was a steal
    Yea tact is good for ehp builds but for such kind of stuff you must get certain gear and level, also damage outputs on prime is higher than live for lower dungeons so having extra cooldown for this packs surely helps, like in king's breach when you pull trash with little mobs they attack you simultanously so having cooldowns ready helps for healers on that situation, mostly i didn't have any problems with dungeons even with chloro healers meanwhile even chloro was being able to kept me alive on lantern hook but surely having purifier or physician as healer is more reliable.
    Last edited by aileen; 03-14-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread