+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior feedback

Default Warrior feedback

Old school player from back in 2011 here, I would love for Reaver to go back to a tank as Roughraptors suggested on the live stream. Reaver tank spec is what I remember most about my vanilla rift experiences leading up to Storm legion.

Currently I am left to play 2h tank for rifts and love the combo of warlord/paladin but if I could go warlod/reaver and have the same survivability I would switch in a heartbeat!

I too played around with a Reaver tank once upon a time. It was a pretty fun class to be sure, however the devs already said the callings would not be changing as we are on the same build of the game as live and a change like that would effect live as well. I donít think they want Reaver as a tank st level 70 as it would cause all sorts of balance issues.
    Ü

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Soulwalker

currently warrior is the worst dps. why keep riftblade nerf ? the finisher do less damage than the auto attack, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    I too played around with a Reaver tank once upon a time. It was a pretty fun class to be sure, however the devs already said the callings would not be changing as we are on the same build of the game as live and a change like that would effect live as well. I donít think they want Reaver as a tank st level 70 as it would cause all sorts of balance issues.
    Isn't that one of the big reasons reaver was changed in the first place because balance scaling issues?

Quick update for context on the builds I currently use for leveling.

For 2H tanking rifts (normal/major) and zone events :https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3/89rkG90/98Fo30

Priority skills are sweeping strike for AE aggro, use defensive posture when unlocked.

For 2H paladin solo leveling/questing/rifts: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3/89rkGaA/98Og

you want to use wrecking blow for this build and puncture after every finisher.

useful ability combos and macros:

Healing macro:
    #show Light's Balm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Light's Balm

Stun & pull:
    #show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast Sergeant's Order

Spell bash & defense buff:
    #show Neck Punch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neck Punch
    cast Aggressive Block

Single Target builder:
    #show Pacifying Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Retaliation
    cast Backhand
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Pacifying Strike

builds are a work in progress but really strong for leveling so I thought I would share. Really would love to have a shadow knight gameplay option like back in the day with survivability like this paladin build. If only Reaver was still a tank!
    Last edited by Zarienprime; 03-10-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: wrong macro
    Character name: Zarien

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    currently warrior is the worst dps. why keep riftblade nerf ? the finisher do less damage than the auto attack, it's ridiculous.
    While I wont argue warriors are lower dps at lvl 20 range, I feel like its to early to tell how bad of dps they do in group settings. You should try out warlord you hit like I Semi-truck if you perform your rotation correctly. The only downfall to lower level Warlord is you have no AE dmg, but that's life!
    Character name: Zarien

Soulwalker

Reaver - Once I got Infestation at level 24 my DPS jumped up from 150 to around 250-300, depending on crit RNG.

Paragon - Similar to Reaver, once I unlocked Flurry and Tranquility my dps definitely jumped up to similar ranges of Reaver.

Whereas a Sab Rogue that is 3/4 levels below me absolutely destroys my DPS regardless of what I try. Honestly it's kind of dumb.

Ascendant

I've found warrior tanking to be much more effort than rogue, mainly because warrior has no AOE till level 16. Plus the mobility is poor.
    In PvP, reaver seems to be the most effective spec. I think that a pally/warlord mix will be better in the 30-50 range.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zarienprime View Post
    While I wont argue warriors are lower dps at lvl 20 range, I feel like its to early to tell how bad of dps they do in group settings. You should try out warlord you hit like I Semi-truck if you perform your rotation correctly. The only downfall to lower level Warlord is you have no AE dmg, but that's life!
    Amen to that. I see too many people saying this or this is bad, this spec needs this or is doing bad damage. The truth is : There's. No. Data.

No data to say which class is good or bad, we have no idea how classes will be with the live balance locked at level 50 with level 50 gear.

+ Reply to Thread