+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Laethe
  • 3 Post By Dademore
  • 1 Post By Draknox

Thread: OP dps class for prime?

Plane Touched

Default OP dps class for prime?

What is the OP dps class for prime? do we still balance now?

Rogue. If in doubt pick rogue they are always good.
    Harrisonford

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Rogue. If in doubt pick rogue they are always good.

necro any good? i was leaning towards it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    necro any good? i was leaning towards it
    for dps, necro/warlock should be great IMO. Add 3rd soul of your choice.

I still have no clue what to roll this time around....
    I'm thinking cleric but have no idea what to start with, any advice??? I have only played mage on live servers so I'd like to try something new.

To the OP, I play Lock/necro/arbiter on live and I love it.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 03-07-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

On every single invasion boss the mages are almost all in the top. Ive seen a few good rogues. Right now Sab is godly in PvP and can put out some great numbers, if still in the realm of decently balanced.

Warriors and clerics are not that great in these lower levels but I feel cleric DPS is going to climb quickly. Warriors are still solid, but again, I think they are missing a lot of their DPS tools in the low level range that we are all still in right now.

Honestly at this early stage it all feels very well balanced. And this is coming from someone who pays close attention to these types of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    On every single invasion boss the mages are almost all in the top. Ive seen a few good rogues. Right now Sab is godly in PvP and can put out some great numbers, if still in the realm of decently balanced.

Warriors and clerics are not that great in these lower levels but I feel cleric DPS is going to climb quickly. Warriors are still solid, but again, I think they are missing a lot of their DPS tools in the low level range that we are all still in right now.

Honestly at this early stage it all feels very well balanced. And this is coming from someone who pays close attention to these types of things.
    I have been playiing bard and doing more dmg than warriors, I have my dmg meter up, I'm haviing a good time
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Telaran

Im a Sin/Sab and the dps is really good. I saw mages and Bards hitting the meters hard as well.

Soulwalker

I've found that Cabalist Cleric is quite good in AOE situations in PVE, and I find myself topping charts most times in warfronts as a Cabalist.

Tyranny-Bound Fate combo FTW

On every single invasion boss the mages are almost all in the top. I’ve seen a few good rogues. Right now Sab is godly in PvP and can put out some great numbers, if still in the realm of decently balanced.

I've found burninalways' Stormcaller leveling spec to perform really well in early levels. I can't usually parse first, but if I put a little effort in I can parse top 5. It's great for zone events because it has pocket AoE.

That is what I'm using to get through until I unlock Harb. Then I'll switch to Harb/chloro for overland/solo/rifts. That will leave room for a dungeon build in the other role slot.
    Last edited by Torvaldr; 03-10-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    That is what I'm using to get through until I unlock Harb. Then I'll switch to Harb/chloro for overland/solo/rifts. That will leave room for a dungeon build in the other role slot.
    What's the point in running Chloro with any solo spec, you going to spend 8 points for just Bloom?

Having a Veil on lowers your damage by 50%. Ya, you can heal yourself well, but you kill so damn slow.
    Last edited by Draknox; 03-12-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Soulwalker

want to DPS play Rogue
    Want to tank play Rogue
    Want to support play Rogue

see a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    What's the point in running Chloro with any solo spec, you going to spend 8 points for just Bloom?

Having a Veil on lowers your damage by 50%. Ya, you can heal yourself well, but you kill so damn slow.
    I agree with you, I think this type of build was coming from a time when any life attack did not have its damage reduced by Lifebound/Livegiving Veil.

My wife mains a Chloro/Necro on Prime right now, we're in our 30s and she does VERY well. She can solo group of mobs without a problem, as Synthesis on the necro tank pet pretty much makes him immortal against quest mobs.

Also her single target damage is about 230-260, which anyone in the low 30s range will likely admit is pretty good, albeit not a super DPS spec level of damage, but more than enough, and 100% safe even against 3-4 mobs at a time.

Honestly, as a level spec it's very solid to go full Chloro and pick up a pet. At about level 35-38 respec and put 21 points into Necro to get the higher level pet and keep putting all your points in Chloro. Then at level 50 respec again and put 51 points into Chloro for that sweet sweet Void Life spell and take 2 sub souls that you can get some sort of passive benefit from for 5-10 points each.

I agree with you, I think this type of build was coming from a time when any life attack did not have its damage reduced by Lifebound/Livegiving Veil.

My wife mains a Chloro/Necro on Prime right now, we're in our 30s and she does VERY well. She can solo group of mobs without a problem, as Synthesis on the necro tank pet pretty much makes him immortal against quest mobs.

Also her single target damage is about 230-260, which anyone in the low 30s range will likely admit is pretty good, albeit not a super DPS spec level of damage, but more than enough, and 100% safe even against 3-4 mobs at a time.

Honestly, as a level spec it's very solid to go full Chloro and pick up a pet. At about level 35-38 respec and put 21 points into Necro to get the higher level pet and keep putting all your points in Chloro. Then at level 50 respec again and put 51 points into Chloro for that sweet sweet Void Life spell and take 2 sub souls that you can get some sort of passive benefit from for 5-10 points each.
    Because the chloro in SC makes it more survivable and good for rift raidballs and difficult fights. Because for overland content that little bit of extra damage isn't worth as much as keeping health refilling. Full chloro is really slow and the pet AI is more of a hassle than it's worth. Pets are good for node/shiny farming.

edit: I do have a chloro spec I switch to for heals. I like chloro, but not for pure solo.
    Last edited by Torvaldr; 03-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread