+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Prime Inquisitor Guide

Default Prime Inquisitor Guide

So this guide has all the information on how to use Level 50, Level 60 & Level 65 Inquisitor all in one place.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Level 50
    Best Spec:
    51 Inquisitor, 9 Shaman, 6 Druid

Buffs:
    Armor of Awakening
    Spiritual Protection

Starting Rotation:
    Without Raid Cooldowns
    Sanction Heretic > Vex

Fanaticism > Aggressive Inquisition > Nysyr's Rebuke > Bolt of Depravity
    Bolt of Retribution x4 > Bolt of Depravity

With Raid Cooldowns
    Sanction Heretic > Vex > Harsh Discipline

Fanaticism > Aggressive Inquisition > Nysyr's Rebuke > Bolt of Depravity
    Bolt of Retribution x4 > Bolt of Depravity

Rotation:
    Keep Vex, Sanction Heretic and Mental Resilience active.

Always use Bolt of Retribution.
    Once 4 stacks of Life and Death Concord are gained use Bolt of Depravity.

Always use Fanaticism with Aggressive Inquisition or Bolt of Depravity.
    You can delay using Bolt of Depravity & Aggressive Inquisition if Fanaticism is about to come off cooldown.

You can use Righteous Deliberation to proc Mental Resilience before combat.
    If Aggressive Inquisition & Nysyr's Rebuke are on cooldown, and Mental Resilience is about to expire use Harsh Discipline for two ticks of damage.

As for AoE keep Soul Drain on cooldown and spam Circle of Oblivion.

Abilities:
    Spoiler!

Macros:
    #show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Trickster's Bolt

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

#show Aggressive Inquisition
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Aggressive Inquisition

#show Circle of Oblivion
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Circle of Oblivion
    cast Circle of Oblivion

Karuulalert:
    Code:
    KA::ALubNeNqtU9FOwyAU/ZV+waQdUBaeurZEE/VhVp+WEEZZS2yoaYnZov670G3RWDf7YC4kcO/
    NueeQQy7rVpsqSFsj266kIS3oSyP2qhuOzEX+o8W0RlEMXN1XgYuV3lqaCSuu1o83a7HRjbZ7rmV
    r+nWljOq05KcsmIc8mpVlTzEklITAQ3m0WYQc5FtvhXzuP2ia3xf5ymXc8jPmYKBzTA83PIxn7w/
    CSKtbE1yrTlktv4mYWdFVyh61FPTUShO2jKDbLIwQY5gs6VRB/RGC14dpXAxq4hiO1fyuohipiJy
    KJ7U7Q9yHryaYxAlIMrTIQhyxxE1AE0m/qt3AkszjP1j6uMDyThkrmmClegevjFRjxxR03JRABnC
    WEoAIBoywePJz122z722nTGXrL9/EEJ7VAC69tPfLrd6qQJgyyJSw9SXrn+lMICKI5QmKYpgisAi
    nf4fGIXKHyEuPyOUBkW8OHgrDf/kRn9E8KUI
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-07-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Level 60
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 04-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Level 65
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-07-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Placeholder

Default Inquisitor on Prime

I'm using this build on Prime and at level 34 im doing less than half the damage of other DPS classes of the same level. I've followed this build to a tee and my rotation is solid. In dungeons I get parsed and its embarrassing. Is this going to change at later levels? I'm upset I wasted so much time getting to level 34 and this build sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunlength View Post
    I'm using this build on Prime and at level 34 im doing less than half the damage of other DPS classes of the same level. I've followed this build to a tee and my rotation is solid. In dungeons I get parsed and its embarrassing. Is this going to change at later levels? I'm upset I wasted so much time getting to level 34 and this build sucks.
    use a defiler or runeshaper build.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Rift Disciple

The problem with inquisitor currently on Prime is that its main spam spell, Bolt of Retribution is a 2 second cast time and clerics' gcd is 1.5 seconds. So you're losing .5 seconds every time you cast BoR to build up Life and Death concord for instant Bolt of Depravities. so in the long run you lose a crap ton of dps compared to Defiler or runeshaper. Until you can level to 60 inquisitor just is not viable as a main soul for dps at the moment on prime. So as Xclusive said use Defiler or Runeshaper for ranged dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    The problem with inquisitor currently on Prime is that its main spam spell, Bolt of Retribution is a 2 second cast time ....
    Have a look at the soul tree of Inq, first line, middle one.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nineeighteight View Post
    Have a look at the soul tree of Inq, first line, middle one.
    forgot about that one =/......ben playing on live too long and just glancing at stuff in trees from cleric......but i will still stand by that inquis isnt viable atm and when the server comes up ill even make the spec and see what i can get with it

just did some quick parses and with some expert gear over 1200 sp 500 sc and 65 cp i cant sustain over 600 dps where you can do that pretty easy with defiler and runeshaper Inquis doesnt work well without masteries or legendaries in its current state so sad to say if you want ranged dps you have to use one of the 2 planarite souls to feel competitive(or use shaman when you can set the spec up right then cry when they disable Wrathful exuberance =/)
    Last edited by Naught; 03-22-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Defiler for single target while leveling, cabalist for aoe. Yes it's a shame that the other souls are so far behind, but every class has the same issue right now. It gets a bit more balanced at 50.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Defiler for single target while leveling, cabalist for aoe. Yes it's a shame that the other souls are so far behind, but every class has the same issue right now. It gets a bit more balanced at 50.
    Can you post a Cabalist build for lvl 50?

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

Rift Disciple

Cab build I currently use

I did not take Domination because it is broken.....once it is fixed ill probably take it for more utility

Rotation is is simple as well: if you are not 48+ start with Tyranny of Death then use Bound Fate to spread Tyranny then use Disintegration to explode Tyranny. Rinse and repeat and be sure to stay on the highest health target and keep the right obliteration up (unbounded for 6+ targets, Condensed for 3+, and focused for anything under 3)

For single target rotation doesn't really matter because it will be bad any way, but I'm sure people can figure something out for some kind of rotation
    Last edited by Naught; 03-22-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Have you compared numbers between defiler and cabalist? Surely defiler pulls better in ST? Though it was weird to see cabalist as choice for the level 50 spec guides.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I think Druid will be the only viable ST spec for Cleric in Raids. Cab should work well on trash, though. If you have to go ranged ST on a Cleric you will probably run into the same issue as you see on Live at 70 - its no bueno.

Everyone is talking about Defiler but I am pretty sure the damage meter is showing both the damage done to the target as well as damage done to yourself. That means you should subtract upwards of 50% off that damage meter to get actual DPS damage to target. On a timed boss fight, this makes a difference. Which is why you don't see Defilers in raids at 70.

Who knows, with the wonky balancing on Prime, Defiler or Runeshaper might be good for ST ranged dps at 50 - but my bet is that you are going to be stuck with Druid or Healing - or the raid will have to carry your Ranged ST dps loss.
    Last edited by EverydayAnomaly; 03-23-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Everyone is talking about Defiler but I am pretty sure the damage meter is showing both the damage done to the target as well as damage done to yourself. That means you should subtract upwards of 50% off that damage meter to get actual DPS damage to target. On a timed boss fight, this makes a difference. Which is why you don't see Defilers in raids at 70.
    Rift Meter is showing the correct damage from the spells I tested. At level 37 I tested Marrow Harvest, Miserly Affliction, Siphon Vitality, Furious Infestation, Greed's Corruption, Rage Extraction. Only the damage that the dots did to the targets were registered with the Rift Meter. No heal or damage done to self while casting these spells was recorded by Rift Meter.

There is no dps meter bug with Rift Meter and Defiler that I could see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast