+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By JDavidC
  • 2 Post By JDavidC
  • 3 Post By Roloran
  • 2 Post By Avathar
  • 2 Post By JDavidC
  • 1 Post By Avathar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Report: Automentoring needs *urgent* fixing

Soulwalker

Default Bug Report: Automentoring needs *urgent* fixing

Automentoring is badly broken. It weakens the character far too much in a way that doesn't reflect how strong they would actually be at that level.

When I go to a level 50 zone, or try to do an expert dungeon, my stats are nerfed to the ground and through the ground, with pathetic stuff like barely over 400 AP. This means it's pretty much impossible to do expert content, as tanks get hit like a truck, and healers can't keep them up.

Please, for the love of the Vigil, make automentoring simply scale the player stats to where they would normally be at that level, and scale the items above the automentor level down to an item level appropriate to the automentor level, but don't remove their bonuses! People should still be able to enjoy the benefits of high-end raid gear, even if the gear is scaled down. Gear needs to mean something, not just in max-level zones.

I should point out that this 'fix' has essentially killed all level 50 raiding, and right now the best way to level in SL seems to be to farm AP expert up to the 1st boss and then requeuing once he's down. Expert dungeons are pretty much impossible to do now as the stat reduction is BEYOND ridiculous.

Also, the warrior champion ability Chains of Life seems dramatically underpowered when automentored, and the talent to increase number of champ targets weakens it for some reason (probably intentionally). This ability needs looked into and rebalanced to make it stronger at levels 1-50, particularly for people who need heals to level and don't have easy-mode elemental gifts from MA in the mage calling.

Soulwalker

OK, so I joined a group farming AP expert and got to level 53. Problem is, I get automentored to level 52 in Pelladane and there's a massive stat crunch meaning I only have about 800 AP and no CP. Mobs are suddenly very hard/impossible to do.

Trion. FIX. THIS.

This is totally unacceptable, and the game is unplayable if you're getting automentored at all.

Fix automentoring. Drop the base stats to the maximum level, and scale each item over the automentored level to have the same budget as the item of the automentored level. Don't disable stuff like synergy crystal bonuses.

I can't play this game any more with how this is. Furthermore, if I never get to do all of the old 50 content like 4/4 PF and 8/8 ID, I'm going to quit Rift altogether, because stuff like that is why I subbed to Prime in the first place. I want to do ALL the content even if it means waiting until the odd expansion hits first, but people still get to do the old stuff.

Shadowlander

As an example.....

Current SP at lvl 54: ~2600
    My SP when I was lvl 50 before SL: ~2500
    My SP when I go back to Stillmoor now and get automentored to 50: ~750
    MY SP when I go back to Cape Jule and get mentored to lvl 52: ~1500

So by going up 2 levels I have now lost over 1k SP if I go back to Cape Jule/Pelladane and try to partake in a zone event.

Doing ID or any older raid is impossible now as our stats are down by such a huge amount.

Rolo

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Working on this now, trying to get it fixed asap.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

Plane Touched

Thank You /10chars

oh good! Because its truly a nightmare lol Thanks!
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Soulwalker

I tried testing something with my mage, Smartdavid. He was level 44 before SL hit, and had 219% exp to next level. I took him to Droughtlands (max level 44) and killed a mob to level up. Lo and behold, two levels are gained, but spell power DROPS thanks to automentoring kicking in. This confirms that automentoring actually nerfs power below where power was initially even at zones below level 50. It seems that this has been a longstanding issue that has only become more noticeable with Storm Legion.

Also, I can't really play my main as I want to experience the Story quests on SL in order, rather than having to skip stuff just to avoid being automentored and gimped into uselessness. Please try to fix this fast as I'm effectively losing days of playing (which I feel all players should get a refund for TBH, between this bug and the SL gathering daily bugs).
    Last edited by JDavidC; 10-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Just keeping you all a bit updated about the Mentoring Issue on Prime. We have a fix for the mentoring issue that is going to QA tomorrow, long story short, it needed fixing from an engineer because of 'reasons'. Should everything go according to plan the fix will make it into the next patch and mentoring will be a lot more pleasant in all level bands.

Cannot wait for this fix, I personally have 3 friends who refuse to come play right now due to this issue. Questing is not everyone's thing but these guy's love it and with this problem they have just been playing other games. Thanks Avathar!

Fix is in. Works as expected now.

+ Reply to Thread