+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Roloran
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Ethoua

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Report: RNG Loot system for raid bosses

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Bug Report: RNG Loot system for raid bosses

    Two bugs here actually.

    1. Items can drop for the wrong class. e.g. a Rogue necklace dropping for a cleric/mage.
    2. Item RNG is significantly biased, and seems to be based on player ID, instead of being truly random. I have got no less than EIGHT Necroplate Bulwarks off Alsbeth over numerous kills. The RNG needs to be fixed so that it's truly random for each player, and should not depend on player ID, but class only, and other features to make it truly random.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDavidC View Post
    1. Items can drop for the wrong class. e.g. a Rogue necklace dropping for a cleric/mage.
    I would need some context as far as what boss or what item you are referring to here to be able to investigate. If you (or someone else) has a bit more context, I would be happy to investigate (after I return from GamesCom).

    2. Item RNG is significantly biased, and seems to be based on player ID, instead of being truly random.
    No part of the loot roll determination is Player ID based. But there may still be some other issue with that loot table. As you have already provided the boss name in this case, I will gladly investigate upon my return.


    That said, I must caution that getting the same roll 8 times in a row - though unlikely and certainly unfortunate - is not THAT extreme an example of true RNG. But still better for me to check the table to be safe.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    All of the bosses in RoS?

    Last night I received a rogue tanking belt for killing Herald. This was on my cleric. I've gotten war/rogue items from pretty much every boss in RoS in the last couple of weeks.

    Numerous people received some runebound neck (rogue perhaps?) on their mages, clerics, etc.

    Personal loot would be much nicer if it was something we could actually use rather than just vendor.

    Rolo

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    I would need some context as far as what boss or what item you are referring to here to be able to investigate. If you (or someone else) has a bit more context, I would be happy to investigate (after I return from GamesCom).
    Well, at the moment everyone is raiding River of Souls, so various bosses there seem to be having these problems. I got a rogue DPS necklace (I think from a Dark Focus), and I got a rogue-only belt from a boss (I think it was Warmaster Galenir, but I could be wrong) on my warrior.


    No part of the loot roll determination is Player ID based. But there may still be some other issue with that loot table. As you have already provided the boss name in this case, I will gladly investigate upon my return.
    OK, thank you.


    That said, I must caution that getting the same roll 8 times in a row - though unlikely and certainly unfortunate - is not THAT extreme an example of true RNG. But still better for me to check the table to be safe.
    The thing is, there are other cases where players have received the same item for their character multiple times from kills on the same boss. It just makes it seem like the RNG isn't as random as it should be.
    Last edited by JDavidC; 08-26-2018 at 02:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Herald Gauroth in RoS drops Runebound Necklaces (rogue) for mages.
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

  6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Ok, I found the issue with the rogue neck dropping from various bosses. There is a "safety net" in the prime raid tables to make sure you don't go too many times in a row without getting loot. The data in the safety net was not set up right and was pulling from the wrong tables.

    For the reports about getting loot not for your class from Dark Foci, that is a misunderstanding - Dark Foci only uses PL for currency rewards. The gear that drops from the Dark Foci is raid rolled. So if you got a rogue drop as a cleric from a Dark Foci, it would be because you rolled Greed on it.

    The bug in the "safety net" loot will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Ok, I found the issue with the rogue neck dropping from various bosses. There is a "safety net" in the prime raid tables to make sure you don't go too many times in a row without getting loot. The data in the safety net was not set up right and was pulling from the wrong tables.

    For the reports about getting loot not for your class from Dark Foci, that is a misunderstanding - Dark Foci only uses PL for currency rewards. The gear that drops from the Dark Foci is raid rolled. So if you got a rogue drop as a cleric from a Dark Foci, it would be because you rolled Greed on it.

    The bug in the "safety net" loot will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Will there be any compensation for those of us (i.e. my mage who has now gotten 2 runebound necklaces off Warmaster) who have gotten incorrect loot?

    Thank you in advance!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts