Closed Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Doranbolt
  • 3 Post By Mizuki Ayu

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime Challenges not fair and badly organized

Soulwalker

Default Prime Challenges not fair and badly organized

Hello people, losing my forum virginity here - I'm going to go on a bit of a rant, but I think it's justified.

I am honestly disgusted by how Trion is handling Prime Challenges. Tonight the wrong winners were announced for at least the guardian saga quest. This is not the first time something has gone wrong with the Prime challenges. The first month the winners were made to wait a very long time before finally receiving their rewards and this month the titles that people would be competing for were not made public before the challenge started. In fact they were not made public before the livestream tonight so people never really knew what they were competing for. In any case, let me give you a bit more detail about why I am sure the wrong winners were announced tonight.

This month's challenge, I was the first one to complete the guardian saga quest of the expert instances and earned a shardfirst for the "Nirvana" achievement. I will link some pictures of my achievements and I can only give my word that I've waited till the challenge started officially before I accepted the first quest. Due to a bug the saga quests were accessible a period of time before they should have been so Trion had communicated that people who started this quest early would not be eligible for the Challenge. I waited till the challenge would officialy start before I started questing. However, my name was not mentioned as a winner on the livestream tonight, and the number of people that Trion claims have completed the saga quests are very very fishy.

For the current month we have a challenge which involves doing 300 crafting rifts. We have 5 weeks to do this. To open these rifts players need a crafting lure which can be gotten once per week per crafting profession you own. Lures are soulbound and characters have a limit of 3 crafting professions. Unless players leech crafting rifts from others, or use alts to open rifts and then relog another character, this means they need to get 3 lures per week, open them in a group of 20 and do this for 5 weeks straight. Additionally forming a 20 man group for crafting rifts on prime is almost undoable, I've spent over an hour setting up a group during EU prime time and I was not able to gather more than 10 members so I had to cancel the group since I did not have the 20 players needed.

To summarize, I really feel like the Prime Challenges are contests that are not fair and badly organized. The things I've mentioned are not all the problems there are related to these challenges but at this point I'm mostly hoping for an apology as well as for some of these issues to be addressed.

e: No pictures here sorry, I've linked them on the various Rift discords.
    Last edited by Doranbolt; 05-25-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Doranbolt View Post
    Tonight the wrong winners were announced for at least the guardian saga quest.

This month's challenge, I was the first one to complete the guardian saga quest of the expert instances and earned a shardfirst for the "Nirvana" achievement.
    Strange that nobody trys to claryify this.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-26-2018 at 10:39 PM.

well the prizes are titles or something right?

pretty much almost no one cares, they arn't even rewards worthy of calling fluff

only thing I have worried about now is the contraptions for the wings, and I probably wasnt a random winner

until more items like that are offered I really couldn't care anyless about anything I have ever encountered my entire life

Plane Touched

But if he was the first one, and received also the shard first, he should win.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-26-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, I don't like any of the Prime challenges. They reward rushing and people who rush to end content (then complain about lack of content) are 90% what's wrong with this game's community.
    Last edited by Mizuki Ayu; 05-27-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Plane Touched

And also here:
    Because you still not received an answer. I just saw this in the following post:
    Re-reviewing the Challenge 2 winners. *Thanks to Keepro & Clowd.http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...m-summary.html

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks, we're not ignoring you, but had to chase down some data. I am closing this thread and redirecting comments to:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...rs-issues.html

Brasse

Closed Thread