+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By GamingMimi

Thread: Rare Mob Issues

Lightbulb Rare Mob Issues

I was trying to farm Rare Mobs for the Patience Is A Virtue achievement and have come across many locations identified in forums, magelo, tomtom, raredar. raretracker, and mapextension which are constantly amidst rift mobs which are known for attacking non rift mobs and unintentionally are constantly camping the rare mobs in question

if a Dev responds to this asking for specific spawn locations affected by rifts, which I doubt would help since that would be a lot of rifts to move, I would happily post everyone of them that can be farmed by both rift mobs and invasion pathing for you

however I believe changing the threat table for all rift type mobs to avoid farming the Rare Mobs for the sake of the player base racing for achievements on Prime

not only do they kill them but they leave their corpses laying about for the full duration it is set to remain lootable despite being unlootable by a player, thus holding the respawn limitation on the specific zone

also they get locked out from spawning and corpses despawning by the presence of an unclosed rift as I observed a corpse remain right until the rift closed for quite a long duration as I sat there and another whose camp site appeared and the rift having to be closed before the mob itself joined his decor
    Last edited by Challengere; 05-12-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: additional info

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

As far as the corpse of the rare lying there for a while, that is intended behavior to help in identifying that it is down and doesn't need to be searched for. It doesn't stop spawning since I seem to remember finding a rare and its corpse wasn't too far away. It has nothing to do with being lootable.
    Last edited by Golden; 05-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    As far as the corpse of the rare lying there for a while, that is intended behavior to help in identifying that it is down and doesn't need to be searched for. It doesn't stop spawning since I seem to remember finding a rare and its corpse wasn't too far away. It has nothing to do with being lootable.
    I appreciate your input on the one item in my post, any chance of any supportive comments to the rest? when devs only see negative reply they are not encouraged to give it any merit

Soulwalker

This is no different than it was on original rift/is in live and plenty of people have gotten the achievements. They're supposed to be rare and difficult. I remember one mob in freemarch (back in the day) I camped for a week. I'd literally just log in and sit near his spot while doing other stuff on my computer. Did the same thing on rares in Storm Legion. Just making a circuit of their spawns.

You're asking them to make it easier to find rare mobs, where's the fun in that? Then everyone would have the achievement with basically no effort.
    Last edited by Erzebet; 05-15-2018 at 05:58 AM.

as far as i am aware, rare mobs were changed a while back so that they are no longer killed or agroed by planar mobs
    i have recently completed a full guide to all the mathosia rares on my website, i found every single one of the rare mobs in mathosia and followed them around to check pathing. i often followed the rare mobs through rifts and invasions and they did not agro at all
    infact, often when there were rifts nearby a rare mob i would spend time to close the rift without killing the rare so that i could get a 'clean' screenshot without rift stuff in the background.

if you are finding rare mobs that are definately being attacked by planar creatures then you should be making bug reports for them with exact locations and screenshots/video if possible.
    a dead mob in the middle of a rift is not proof, it could easily have been killed by a player before you came along, you would need to watch the mob path or spawn into the rift and then be attacked without any player interaction.. which as i said, did NOT happen for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Erzebet View Post
    You're asking them to make it easier to find rare mobs, where's the fun in that? Then everyone would have the achievement with basically no effort.
    not really, I dont mind the rareness of their spawn rate which on live was a set amount at any given moment across 7 shards between all possible rare mobs in that zone, even PTW was a refreshing challenge as 20 mobs had 8 versions which could randomly spawn at 5 different locations holding 800 possible spawns across 7 shards, and yes I have camped out for periods on spawns too, but usually only on rare spawns that dont wander through rift infestations with large roaming sectors that cannot be targetted from one focal point, I have always had to pray for random luck on those mobs, on Live that was fine since there were 7 shards and fewer rift events, here they are keeping us flooded with rift events to keep us busy and active which conflicts with rare mob hunting

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    as far as i am aware, rare mobs were changed a while back so that they are no longer killed or agroed by planar mobs
    well just about every time i see a rare mob in the vicinity of rift mobs it is either engaged with them or a corpse at their feet, so imaginably I could report every spawn location my MapExtension Addon has catalogued which would be a very large dat file according to all the marks it presents me with after getting all the rares on 5 toons on live

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    i have recently completed a full guide to all the mathosia rares on my website, i found every single one of the rare mobs in mathosia and followed them around to check pathing. i often followed the rare mobs through rifts and invasions and they did not agro at all
    infact, often when there were rifts nearby a rare mob i would spend time to close the rift without killing the rare so that i could get a 'clean' screenshot without rift stuff in the background.

if you are finding rare mobs that are definately being attacked by planar creatures then you should be making bug reports for them with exact locations and screenshots/video if possible.
    a dead mob in the middle of a rift is not proof, it could easily have been killed by a player before you came along, you would need to watch the mob path or spawn into the rift and then be attacked without any player interaction.. which as i said, did NOT happen for me!
    ^This.

I have enjoyed hunting rare mobs on Prime while questing and rifting and finishing up zone achievements, and I have not seen any engage with "rift mobs". I do often see the corpses though (and shed a little tear) - I really wish the corpses would stay up a bit longer than 5 minutes, but that's just me. I remember reading an old forum post from Tacitus when he announced the change in response to player feedback and requests for the non-aggro status - the following is not the official post, but is instead a post by Tacitus on 9-15-15 in a thread about rares:

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    ... Classic rares certainly have gotten easier in the last year mostly because of my change to make them not aggro on Rift mobs. That change was pretty huge in terms of rare spawn up time because some rares would spawn and immediately march into a foothold or rift. That said, classic rares remain the most elusive in large part to long paths that they follow and multiple widely dispersed possible spawn points in some cases.

Happy hunting!
    If you are in fact seeing rare mobs actually engage with planar mobs, a bug report would definitely be in order, accompanied with the specific information related to the occurrence.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    ^This.

I have enjoyed hunting rare mobs on Prime while questing and rifting and finishing up zone achievements, and I have not seen any engage with "rift mobs". I do often see the corpses though (and shed a little tear) - I really wish the corpses would stay up a bit longer than 5 minutes, but that's just me. I remember reading an old forum post from Tacitus when he announced the change in response to player feedback and requests for the non-aggro status - the following is not the official post, but is instead a post by Tacitus on 9-15-15 in a thread about rares:

If you are in fact seeing rare mobs actually engage with planar mobs, a bug report would definitely be in order, accompanied with the specific information related to the occurrence.
    actually I dont see rares engage the rift mobs, i see the rift mobs engage the rare mobs

it seems threat is two ways disabling rares from attacking rift mobs didnt keep rift mobs from attacking them

the other issue no one has addressed that i mentioned is that a few rares have extra accessories in their spawn like campsites that appear with them and such, as I said in the OP I witnessed the extra decor spawn but until a rift was closed nearby the mob itself waited to spawn which identifies a correlation between them that I have only seen in NPC camps when their soul anchor is taken over and they fail to respawn upon death til the threat is cleared

this means that raremobs depending on specific spawn points that are directly in influence of rifts can be prevented from spawning in the presence of them

and I saw a corpse last far longer than any other I have ever waited around for and only despawned when the rift it was in the middle of was closed some 30 min or more later when I returned for the third or forth pass and decided to test the theory

bump......

+ Reply to Thread