+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Esrever
  • 1 Post By Caladwen
  • 1 Post By captaincursor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Forced Mentoring Prevents Quest Completion: Make Him Sing (42)

Default Forced Mentoring Prevents Quest Completion: Make Him Sing (42)

I am unable to do Make Him Sing (42) solo because it's a quest that starts in Moonshade Highlands that brings you into Iron Pine Peak. The forced mentoring system brings you own to level 35 and you must fight a level 42 mob named Edkim the Mad before the quest can be turned in and a new one offered from the same NPC.

Forced Mentoring Prevents Quest Completion: Make Him Sing (42)-untitled.jpg

I was about to report the report the same quest. I guess this is an unintended consequence of the auto-mentoring which can affect "high-level" quests where an objective is located in a "low-level" zone.

As I recall there are a few other such quests in Iron Pine Peaks and Moonshade Highlands.

It seems that this has been fixed as of the patch from March 21st, 2018 as per the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    IRON PINE PEAKS
    * Changed the levels of quests and mobs in Ironpine Peak for the Kain Saga that were out of the enforced level range of the zone.
    I can also confirm that I've completed the remainder of the quest line in-game.

King of Slackers

Finishing "Dabbling in the Forbidden" in Iron Peak could be hard for the average player:

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Thanks for catching that. It should now be an appropriate level mob for the zone on the next update.

+ Reply to Thread