+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DammitBilly
  • 1 Post By Treewolfx

Thread: Mentor problems, can't set mentor level lower than max level for zone.

Rift Disciple

Default Mentor problems, can't set mentor level lower than max level for zone.

I have noticed when going to lower levels zones you are automatically mentored to the level cap of the zone, this is working fine.

The problem is if you go to a lower zone and you try to change your mentor level to something lower to match the content you are doing you can't. For example I was in silverwood, I automatically get mentored from 35 to 20, but I was closing rift for the zone event that were level 10 so I tried to change my mentor level to everything from 10 all the way to 19 and no matter what I did I was stuck at level 20.

I'm seeing that I'm not mentored in Silverwood but if I get to Sanctum I AM - so the process of doing it is working, but it's not registering in Silverwood.
    Tigress@RIFT (Thank you for releasing unused names, Trion!)
    "You may be deceived if you trust too much,
    but you will live in torment if you donít trust enough."
    -- Frank Crane

Soulwalker

Default Same Issue cant mentor with Low level friend

I am 21 and want to mentor down to 10 to help kill mobs with out causing XP Penalty to him but I cant do it. I get the fancy animation but always stays at 20

Silverwood has special rules, dating back from the days, where f2p players could play in silverwood and freemarch. This dates from before the game went f2p.

Players could get a sniff of Rift, play upto level 20 in Silverwood and Freemarch. Since there was no mentoring/sidekicking then, all content in both Silverwood and Freemarch is green/xp rewarding upto level 20.

so the mentoring is working as intended.

What I did notice was that as level 36, mentored to 20, I got a banner for the boss Inhibrius.

inhibrius was walking in Treants grove, level 8.
    i quit hitting, because he went down fast and players were still running to the fight.

At the end of the fight I noticed my rewards..

7 Xp (2 mentored xp) (3 bonus xp)
    1 silver
    24 planarite
    60 void stones.

Dungeons give scaled rewards, but open world is apparenly a very different story.

+ Reply to Thread