+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to Mentor

Default Unable to Mentor

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but i am unable to mentor down in Silverwood to 15 from 20.
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

I am assuming this has to do with the autoscaling feature, but it has some nasty repercussions: As a lv 20 in Freemarch, anything under lv 13 gives no xp (including Rifts and Zone Event mobs). Now I am wondering if autoscaling is working at all. Can anyone confirm?

From the Prime FAQ:

RIFT Prime characters will be automatically level restricted to the level of the open-world zone they’re in. While characters that are over-levelled for the zone will still possess a slight advantage due to additional skills and equipment scaling, they won’t be able to show up and trivialize world event content. In exchange, the experience and event rewards gained while adventuring in these auto-mentored situations will remain relevant to the character’s normal level.
    Only problem, half the content in Freemarch gives no xp at all at lv 20. But according to quote above, we were supposed to get xp and loot relevant to our level.

BTW, I believe I found the answer: I hit lv 21 and ported to Freemarch, and thankfully it automentored me to level 20. This means Freemarch and Silverwood should be the only two zones with a large amount of content that doesnt reward xp, since most other zones have a 7 lv spread. This does mean it is more efficient to do the content at your level, since xp from a lower level mob is scaled down drastically. I will probably juggle the different zones such as Ice Pine Peaks, Scarwood, Moonshade, and Draughtlands to maximize efficiency. I can always come back at 50 to finish up and get a head start on Planar Attunement.
    Last edited by Jonn; 03-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread