+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Experiencing lag

Soulwalker

Default Experiencing lag

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing lag like I do? I'm located in Germany.

Shadowlander

I am from Germany too and lag was horrible yesterday around 10 pm utc+1, skills barely got off. Today morning around 08 am utc+1 it was better but noticeable.

Soulwalker

Since Rift Prime (Vigil) is located in North America... yes we silly people from EU have lag disadvantage

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Not sure what do you mean by lag, but Prime is in NA, so you latency is higher vs Live EU Rift server. Speed of light is not high enough, you will notice difference, but it is bearable (especially when you don't have a choice )
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Well I do have a high speed internet connection but the lag I m experiencing makes it impossible to play the game. I just hope that things will get improved otherwise European players will not get to enjoy it (money well spent )

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Footprint View Post
    Well I do have a high speed internet connection but the lag I m experiencing makes it impossible to play the game. I just hope that things will get improved otherwise European players will not get to enjoy it (money well spent )
    It has nothing to do with internet speed. It takes more time to send your request to America and to receive reply back in comparison to servers in Europe. I have latency around 30ms for EU Live server and 120-150ms for NA. And it would not change with time. If you cannot play with such latency - you can wait for EU Prime server (but it may never happen).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

If I had known before that everything Prime was gonna be located on an NA server, I wouldn't have signed up for it. Playing under such circumstances is simply a no go... Sad but true

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Footprint View Post
    If I had known before that everything Prime was gonna be located on an NA server, I wouldn't have signed up for it. Playing under such circumstances is simply a no go... Sad but true
    Yeah me too. and if that lag does not get better i will surely not spend any money anymore and stop playing. Combat is simply not enjoyable that way.

Soulwalker

Knowing that European players will have a big disadvantage due to server lags, why would Trion even restrict everything prime to NA territory? It doesn't make sense and it will sure keep other European players from playing or coming back to the game.

There was many places prior to Prime launch where it was stated that it was located in NA and that a Euro version may never or may be available at a later day depending on variables. However I do wish this was not an issue for Euro players as you guyz and galz are fun.

Soulwalker

Apparently one of the add-ons I used, Rift Map Extension, caused the gameplay to be so laggy. Kinda weird coz it is just doing fine on Rift Live. Anyway, at least I get to enjoy the game again. Just wanted to put this in here. Maybe somebody else is using it, too and is experiencing the same issue I had.

Shadowlander

I donīt use any add ons at all, so that is clearly not the issue. And regarding the server location.

Yes it was mentioned but what you guys are forgetting, not everybody is a native English speaker in Europe, apparently the majority are not and in the official rift prime faqs for example, at least in german language, there was no single word about data center locations. So honestly trion or letīs say the location team could have done a better job in informing people.

Soulwalker

I tried this morning and still no (more) lag. I hope it is permanent and not just a lucky coincidence. I know this is no consolation for you. Hopefully Rift Prime receives the recognition it deserves and TRION will open up another EU server for it.

I'm an EU player too and my latency is like 170-180 and Rift is playable. But when I take part in massive zone events my latency rise drastically and reaches 600-700, so I can use only instant skills. I'm not sure if it's the same for NA players.

I am located in Florida. I have sub-100ms ping times to the server. I also experience lag.

I activate an instant cast ability, the button highlights, and 2 or 3 seconds later the skill goes of.

I cast a spell, my character animates a casting motion, and 2 or 3 seconds later I see the bolt of energy leave the staff and head toward the target.

Typically these heavy lag times happen just before I start experiencing repeated crashes.

I can't tell you what IS causing it, but if you're blaming the lag on high ping times from EU, I CAN tell you that's not it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast