OS: Windows 7 32-bit with 4gigs of Ram. ATI Radeon HD5750 card.
Problem: Rift crashes to desktop when porting or soul recalling.
I defraged my hd, page file and ram.
Ran a zillion optimizing tools.
Explanation of what you just did:
- START BUTTON
- In the search box type "cmd" without quotes BUT DONT HIT ENTER.
- "CMD" will appear in the PROGRAMS pull down list.
- Right click on CMD and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
- dos box C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32> prompt will appear. (YOU MUST BE AT THIS DIRECTORY!!!)
- enter: "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" with no quotes
- Enter key and Re-boot.
Seems Rift requires a bit more RAM than what is admitted. W7 32bit shares ram 50-50 with the OS and program. But what if Rift wants more than 50%. if it doesnt have it, it crashes.
The above fix adjusts RAM allocation so that RIFT gets 2/3 or Ram (instead of 1/2) and OS gets 1/3 of RAM (instead of 1/2).
Since this I haven't noticed any crashes.
Please note: I did this on W7 32 bit with 4 G of Ram installed. Dont known how this will work with any other configuration and if you have less than 4Gig this may not work and a figure other than 3072 may have to be used.
google: IncreaseUserVa for more info on the subject.