As promised from my post in "Trion is neglecting roleplayers", I'm starting this thread in the hopes of getting our community together and improving the role-play of Rift.
To kick things off, I'll explain a bit of the method to my madness. While I love new vanity items, additional animations, and other great in game role play features, these are some big ticket items that require resources that are outside of my control. I'm not saying they will be impossible to obtain, all I'm saying right now is that I'd like to win some small victories that would immediately improve the community before I go for the big guns.
The sort of small victory I'm talking about would be something like, making these Role-play forums more useful to you. I've seen suggestions on how to improve the forums and I've checked out the other Rift RP sites, so are there specific aspects of those other sites that you would like to see here?
I've also seen the question "Which server is the best RP for rift?" asked a few times. I think it would be useful if within the Role-play forums we had a sticky/tracker that immediately detailed how active the RP community is within a specific server.
So lemme hear your ideas on some steps we can take to improve our community.
This is a compiled list of your requests in regards to improving Role-play within Rift. As stated before, be sure to manage your expectations on what I can actually accomplish, as many of these items will require a lot of work and may be impossible to complete.
• Improve regulation of Role-play Terms of Service
• In game Profile Tab
• Reduce range of player /say and /emote - Live
• More variety/functionality of Wardrobes - Added visibility checkboxes to wardrobe slots
• Provide better tools for Role-players to connect
• Provide easier to access information on Role-playing in Rift - added RP guides to RP Forum
• Interactable Objects you can sit on
• Provide tools for continued character customization