Secondly, if you think it's not an issue you're just plain wrong. I've seen entire games changed because of one or two twinked players that far exceed the performance of anyone else. I've been that person, most notably on my rogue where I've done 3-5 times the damage and kills of the next person below me.
Fortunately I have no intention of locking my XP, I just want to level some characters, so once I am in that x8-x9 level range where I tend to perform just a bit too well, it will only last a few games or so and then I am into the next bracket and back at the bottom of the food chain.
It's an issue, there are just too many children, cowards and bullies who don't want to give up their massive advantage that let's them steam roll everyone 24/7 in the lower brackets.
spelling and grammatical errors do not invalidate any of my posts. They may detract from them in the eyes of some, but certainly not invalidate.
Your continued abrasive demeanor does however detract from the point you originally intended to make. So kudos on derailing your thread even further. Seems it was as baseless, combative and useless as I'd originally surmised.
*I used spell check just for you *
p.s. it was you who began the ad hominem posting for the record.
p.s.s. as for addressing your arguments - they have been made by others in countless other threads. Had you bothered to post in any of those threads, I wouldn't need to address your "arguments" as I've already done so on several occasions.
You can harp on about my demeanour (notice correct English spelling, not silly Americanization) all you like but you still haven't addressed a single point in any of the arguments that I have put forward, and in all likelihood lack the intelligence to do so.
*I didn't use spell check, I have a brain*
It was you who responded with condescension and belligerence. This, of course, brings up a case of exactly who threw the first stone, so to speak, when it comes to the "forum troll ad hominem gibberish".
IMO, you're pointing in the wrong direction.
I do think a valor source engine, crafted greens with purple augments and notoriety runes are a bit ridiculous especially in the 10-19 bracket. Anything else is very easy to aquire as long as you know where to get it. Heck with the carnival in town and a free port to Shimmersand, it is very easy to leech a couple major events for a bunch of inscribed to get your 6 slot source machine. Anyone can do this without a level 50.
I regularly level alts, because I enjoy the process (leveling my 6th toon right now), and I must say, it has been the least pleasant experience I've had yet.
Its not too bad when there are even numbers of twinks on both sides, but when you get a run of 10+ warfronts with twinks on one side farming new players on the other, it is simply not enjoyable (no matter whether you are winning or losing).
I think allowing twinks has been one of the worst decisions Trion has made in this game to date.
Guardian: Kalgarr/Berhard/Garethe/Albreacht, The Granite Guard @Seastone
Defiant: Aelai/Reiniger @Seastone
Nec Mirior, Nec Timeo!
1) It has been mentioned many times that both pro and anti twinks agree that some items and enhancements should be modified to bring twink power levels down a notch.
2) it takes, what, 2 maybe 3 hours of game time to gear up enough to compete with twinks. I'm not saying this time will make you a full bore twink, but it will be enough to keep you from being a free kill, unless you get ganged up on. Knowing what gear to get and where to get it, in many peoples' opinions, is an integral part of a gear based system, which this is.
3) People have also agreed, on both sides of the argument, that sub level 20 WF's should be exempt from XP locking. This bracket is the most effected by XP locking and it should also be preserved as a "For the new peeps" bracket.
After that, it's game on!.
4) In my experience, most of the anti-twink sentiment has little to do with twinking. People get beat, they need an excuse for why they got beat (heaven forbid they were outplayed) so the point at the most obvious target, twinks.
5) People also fail to realize that you cannot expect to walk into a WF at the bottom of the level bracket and / or wearing woefully outdated gear and expect to survive for very long. This has nothing to do with twinking. These people would have been spanked whether twinks exist or not, yet they usually blame twinks for why they got spanked.
6) At this stage of the game, Trion is better served by retaining established players, which twinking does in a lot of cases. Sure, getting new subs is nice, but keeping established players, people who have shown that they can commit to the game, happy goes a lot further revenue-wise than luring people into the game that might or might not stay around for a month.
On and on and on and so forth.
You would have seen all this if you had bothered to read any of the other numerous threads on the subject, instead of adding another redundant thread to the forums.
What astonishes me is with your vastly superior intellect, you were unable to:
(a) use the search function to find an appropriate thread to vent your angst
(b) unable to actually make a valid argument supported by evidence
As noted earlier, had you bothered to post in a pre-existing thread on the topic, you may have noticed I've addressed the issues you allude to in your OP. However, since you're apparently unwilling or unable to locate these threads yourself, I'll extend the courtesy of responding to your post.
As for those who chose to XP lock, I don't see how it's any of YOUR business how they choose to spend thier time in game. Trion offered us the ability to lock XP, some chose to, others do not.
As for BIS gear, runes, potions - all I can surmise here is that you're not willing to invest that much into your characters, quite possibly because you plan to level out of the various brackets eventually. Just because you can't be bothered, doesn't mean others should be denied that opportunity.
Once again, you haven't really made an argument of substance. You've simply come to the forums to QQ, which as I correctly noted in my first post - does NOT merit its own thread, especially when there are so many others which you could have responded to.
The only conclusion I can reach based on your actions is that you feel your opinion is somehow more valid than anyone esles. Or perhaps you just finished getting your @ss handed to you once again by someone you perceive to be a twink, and failing your ability to counter them, you feel Trion should kill that which you could not.
So I say to Trion -
In my opinion, Tarien is a bad forum poster. They cannot be bothered to post in pre-existing, appropriate threads. They cannot take even constructive critcisms, and resort to attacks on one's person, rather than respond in a civil manner. They are clearly bigotted towards those who chose to play within the system permitted by Trion, and Twink their low level characters. So Trion, please get rid of Tarien.
I also disagree with the idea that it only affects the 10-19 bracket, the 20-29 bracket is just as bad, and the 30-39 is actually worse.
Yes, I do buy gear to help me, no I don't feel this is an issue because I don't take it to the absolute extreme, and I don't lock my XP so within a fairly short period I am into the next bracket. I will not be sat there forever ruining people's days by wiping the floor with them time after time.
I on the other hand do, hence the new thread. Sorry if you don't like it, maybe you should stop posting and the thread will stop bumping to the top? That would be nice for both of us.
I can post some screenshots if you like of my rogue with top damage and killing blows. The issue is not twinking, it's the absurdity of allowing XP locked players to destroy the enjoyment of many levelling players so that a few self entitled players looking for cheap thrills and ego boosts who clearly lack the skill to do well at max level on a level playing field can ruin the warfronts for everyone else.
Last edited by Tarien; 03-02-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Just to reinforce the idea that I am actually playing in all three brackets (and so know what I am talking about), and the results of some only moderate twinking, here are some images for you to enjoy:
My list of characters, the cleric just made it to 20 this evening.
And my 32 rogue has had some fun in the previous brackets: