LF: Guild Hosting -- seeking your XP
So, let's face it... our current guild site works (aka has forum, raid planner, some excuse for a front page) -- but it's crappy, we have a seperate TS (with its own bunch of issues), and let's not even talk about "pretty".
So I first went on doing my usual thing, grabbing some webspace, starting some CSS and doodeling around... and then I realised "hey, it ain't Y2K anymore". So while still know all the stuff, I don't want to put in all that effort anymore, nor I have the time to do it.
Instead, I want some nice fancy pre-made site that I just have to fill with content... and I'm willing to pay for it.
* good CMS (that even my non-techy guild mates can use !)
* pre-made styles
* calendar / raid planner
* some way to cap / manage traffic costs
* some kind of working support (email, phone, chat -- don't care)
* good site security / spam protection / etc
* no ads
* ability to create non-standard subpages / categories
* customisable styles
* voice server (Team Speak due German tradition preferred)
* ability to add top-level domain
* multi-game support
* user management beyond admin / random member
* no requirement for >6 months contracts
* video / file hosting (YouTube and the like work just as well)
* traffic flatrate (always good)
* trial time (2w is enough)
* e-mail (forwarder is enough)
Sites I found (yey, Google):
* Guild Hosting
* Guild Launch
* Guild Portal
* Gildenwelten (German)
* Revido (German)
So do you have experience with any of these sites ? Some other hints or storys you can share ?
Thanks in advance
No guild leaders who might share their expirience ?
Last edited by lgw; 02-29-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Guildlaunch.com is nice. That's what we use. Guildportal.com is also another good one.
enjin is my favorite. has everything you listed, and if you wanted something else, you can use custom html scripts to make anything.
Just coming back here... Two for Enjin.
Very helpful support there, they even flushed a vacated site so we could use our guild's regular name as subdomain. Also very powerful yet quite easy site tools.
Thoroughly impressed and subscribing soonish (aka after building out new home site).
Thanks for the help again.