I can think of a few things they can revisit and refine. I'll generalize them here :
- Improved Soul System
One of Rift's defining features, but not very well done. The soul system at first seems flexible, but turns out rigid (especially in terms of efficient roles). Many of the souls need more, direct "definition" to their strengths, weaknesses and style.
This is not very likely to happen anytime soon (if at all), but there needs to be a more complex soul synergy system in place that actually adds direct synergy between and across souls. For example, if Ability X from Soul A is used in conjunction with Ability Y from Soul B, it should produce a very specific effect. The same Abilities used with another soul should produce another distinct effect. Chaining such synergy will add yet another twist to such a setup. The "Abilities" here can be actives, passives or buffs; lots of mix-n-match to make things interesting.
- Improved Visuals
The first thing that comes to my mind are the uncomfortable, rigid and somewhat weird looking animations that some races show while casting or attacking. They could use a lot more grace and variety to their movements. NPC animations don't necessarily need this treatment, but playable characters definitely do. This is not referring to spell or visual effects, but that could use an improvement as well.
Some equipment look dull. They could look a lot more "cool", "heroic" and polished.
The capitol cities. A lot of players spend most of their time here, but they look quite uninteresting. Meridian looks somewhat okay, but the NPC mapping is odd. Sanctum is much worse. Both these hubs require a more vibrant and majestic-looking design, layout and mapping! They're the faction HQs, ffs! They need to invoke a sense of glory when you enter the area.
- Improved Performance
This is an important one. Rift needs to work more efficiently when it comes to present-day mid/high-end systems. It seems to use far more resources than it actually should. Sacrificing some background visuals to make the game run better sounds like a good deal to me.
That's it for now. I'll avoid repeating what others have already suggested here.
Last edited by Lightborne; 06-01-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Who am I kidding? This is too much effort, too much planning. This is probably never going to happen, heck, it's probably not even going to be discussed. With what Trion has to work with atm, I can only foresee more bandaids and silly changes coming.
Last edited by Lightborne; 06-01-2012 at 07:00 PM.
I read "battle mage" in here somewhere, and I said YES! to myself.
I would LOVE to have a true battle mage, a la Skyrim, AD&D. I would drop my main in a heartbeat for this.
Also, more storage space. Im a virtual horder, i dont like to throw anything away.
Bring the LORE back into Rift. How many new players know the story behind the souls of their calling?
Ability to have a ONE TIME PER CHARACTER faction change, via an epic questline in where either
A) Something major happens and you reject the vigil and lose your faith, turning to the defiance or
B) You find your faith, and embrace the Vigil becoming a Guardian.
For the love of god, race changes.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
1. More of everything they've already done (IAs, Chronicles, Rifts, Zone Events, exploration goodies, warfronts, etc.)
2. Amp up the dynamic content to whole new levels of awesomeness. Imo make zones really change when stuff happens to it, like with what they're doing with at least one Colossi battle in the upcoming expansion.
3. Don't trivialize or make the old end-game completely pointless imo. Somehow make it so that players can still do it at the level cap yet still get worthwhile rewards out of it. That's something a lot of MMOs don't do with expansions to where that old content is mostly ignored... which is sad, especially since I usually don't get to the end content until an expansion/level cap raise is on its way x.x
4. Make zone invasions more meaningful in that if you fail an event it can have real consequences for the zone.
5. Overall just really make us feel like we -need- to get rid of the threats to our factions/Telara/zones.
6. More variety to races imo. Maybe add in a fourth race or something. Right now the Kelari and High Elves are basically mirror images and so are the Eth and Mathosians. At the least try to make their models or such unique.
7. Maybe take the Conquest stuff and apply it to an open world PvP zone that players can hop in/out of at will?
Last edited by Zengar Zombolt; 06-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Also known as Sorenthaz on the Faeblight server.
So not a thing appears to be planned for the 'little people' who apparently do not matter.
As I've said before, I know hundreds of people who refuse to create any more alts because leveling in from 6-49 never varies...ever. IAs are not the answer we were hoping for...
IAs are just going to be used so alts never have to do the zone quests, which means they miss so much content that TRION slaved over. (but they're still gonna have to go back and do the storylines if they want to complete the faction saga quests. lol)