Ever since RIFT has launched from launch, there has not been a fan site that has managed to offer what I would define as the ‘real’ deal, I am talking about the kind site that is run by people who actually play the game and are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge of RIFT to benefit others, a site that brings you up to date news from all ends of the spectrum, that constantly strives to build and expand a community within RIFT, a site that does it all because they want to see RIFT grow, expand and thrive and that doesn't just do it because they can make chump change from advertising.
Over the past couple months I have been assembling a team of dedicated RIFT fans with various skills, knowledge and also a strong commitment to making an awesome fan site with the following 5 aims~
- To promote and expand the community within RIFT with community events, competitions and other interactions, for the growing development of the game.
- To collaborate and share all knowledge from all top-end aspects of game-play, to provide a large source of knowledge that players who have less time to devote to playing the game can learn from.
- To interview developers and ask the key questions on everyone's mind regarding future updates and common problems and annoyances facing the community.
- To provide not only informing but also entertaining news articles.
- To act as a clear guide for both new and returning players, to help them get into them get back into the game and bring them up to speed on the development the game has gone through.
The site is not aimed at making any profit, At the moment we have quite a few people who are already voluntarily backing this project out of there own pocket, myself included, if for whatever reason we do get rather high upkeep costs, we will consider adding in a donate button, to pay for these upkeep costs.
We have already got the initial base version of the site up and running, we are just working extensively testing and adding a boatload of content and also fixing any bugs before we decide to open it up to the community
Our plans for the launch of this site are absolutely, which will include a ton of competitions and events that will giveaway various ingame and out of game rewards, I can't give you to much information on that at the moment, but I will in the upcoming weeks, I'd just suggest brushing up on your MS paint skills ;)
So I made this thread to gather a bit of interest from a few individuals who posses a very particular set of skills, I'm looking for people with the following knowledge who would be interested coming aboard our 'team' and writing for the site itself I'm looking for people who specialist knowledge who would be willing to write guides for the following subjects:
- Endgame Rogue DPS Guides
- Endgame Warrior Tanking Guides
- Endgame Warrior DPS guides
- Raiding Guides for Endless Eclipse
- Somebody who is very active and enjoys lurking about on the PTS and looking for new and exciting changes
- Advanced Chloromancer healing guide
- Endgame Bard Guide
- "Quick cap and pro tips guides" for Expert Dungeons
If you have specialism in anything not listed above and are interested in getting involved with project RIFT Guru, I'm sure we'd love to have you look over previous guides and also make additions and changes to them accordingly and build on them, or if you have anything unique to bring to the table or would like to offer I'd love to hear from you!
There are many many many ways you can contact myself for whatever reason
Forums: Drop me an inbox!
Ingame: Seatin or Layida both on Icewatch EU
I look foward to anyone wants to be a part of this project and in the end wants to see RIFT expand, Thanks as always for reading and can't wait to hear from some of you!
Also feel free to fire any questions in the comments below, happy to answer anything =)