The lack of any official response is appalling.
The problem is not Rift barrier. Every player in the game can do it .. every class, every spec, every level can do the same exploit they are trying to cover right now. Nerfing Rift barrier has 0 impact on that problem.
Sometimes in development when an issue arises, the first priority is to stop it. For example, a website is getting hacked, turning off the website is a reasonable response.
It is possible that the change to Rift Barrier is likely an immediate response and in Trion's eyes, reasonable as a temporary solution.
so frankly, let's try and give them some active, credible and useful feedback.
Trying to sum up the suggestions in this thread.
1) DreadShot should be reduced to 100k
2) Scatter The Shadows should make you immune to damage and therefore nullifies damage received and Rift Barrier therefore should reflect nothing back.
3) Rift Barrier reflect to cap at some percentage of the rogues health per hit/damage/mechanic.
4) Rift Barrier should not reflect OverKill damage.
5) Certain boss mechanics should Avoid Rift Barrier Reflect.
6) DreatShot should insta-kill, not be a damage based attack.
And a general fix to Rogues should be to have threat based off of endurance like warriors instead of weapon dps.
I think if I were to fix the issue it would be a combination of 4 and 2.. Where STS causes no damage taken therefore Rift Barrier has no damage to reflect with Rift Barrier cannot reflect OverKill damage.
And I like Dunsparrow's suggestion to make our Threat endurance based.
Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
Carinae -- Mage Alt
Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 4/4 ToDQ, 4/4 FT, 3/5 EE
Just caught wind of this - I have people looking into addressing the issue now.
Whatever fix is put in, it will not come out today.
I don't see what's so difficult about making kill mechanics deal a percentage of health and ignore mitigation talents/buffs/armors/resistances.
Greybriar Guardian Bard
Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
<Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus
Decompose -- Rogue -- MT for Malevolence