Actually I'm going to take this back a little bit. I parsed BD in the relic gear bag and was reminded that it's not all BiS (especially the essences). I think the ST with these changes is a little too high, especially accounting for Serrated Blades.
The one part of the rotations that is really out of line with everything else is Spike. If Spike had a 20% DPS nerf then it would mean...
- AE DPS = 6.15k, ST DPS = 2.29k DPS. (Assuming +100% CB and not accounting for Serrated Blades).
- Spike is still a DPS gain in AE but not tremendously so. This means Sab is overall less reliant on bleeds to do good damage.
- Demolition Specialist becomes more of a utility skill rather than a necessity in AE.
- The "carpet bombing rotation" is a DPS loss. Good riddance! Carpet Bombing is also a utility skill to reset CB and AB as needed.
Chemical Bomb, part trois
I did not include these numbers above because it confused the comparison. But I found a way to improve the AE rotation with CB so it becomes:
[A]: TB > FB > CB > Ca x3 > Det > Sh x2 > Det
[B]: TB > FB > CB > Ca x2 > Det > Sp x3 > AB
Sustained: [A] > [A] > [B]
This rotation is a DPS gain if CB is buffed, otherwise CB should be dropped in favor of completing the full charge load. It parses 6.4k with Chemical at +100% buff and 6.15k with Chemical at 6.15k buff. Without Chemical Bomb, the AE is 5.5k. (All of this assumes nerfed Spike charge to bring ST in line.)
With a +50% buff, Chemical Bomb is a DPS loss in ST and the best rotation I've found is:
Sp x3 > D > Bl x 3 > FB > Bl x 2 > FB - 2.26k (without Serrated)
At this point I'm going to stop playing with different modifiers for CB other than to say...
- With no buff, CB is a DPS loss in AE and ST.
- +50% makes it a DPS gain in AE but not ST -- best rotations I've found are 6.15k AE, 2.26k ST.
- +100% makes it a DPS gain in AE and ST -- best rotations I've found are 6.4k AE, 2.29k ST.
Complete Set of Suggested Changes
It may seem like a lot of crap must have changed because of the amount I've been posting and tweaking things, but the changes are actually modest.
- Charges load two at a time & two CP.
- Buff Chemical Bomb by either 50% / 100%.
- Nerf Spike Charge by 20%.
- Remove the cooldown on Fragmentation Bomb.
These changes seem simple enough to me and they would make Sab useful & competitive with SC/pyro.