So i had a look through the alterations and all together i genuinely believe Trion has done the best job they can to balance, Warriors now have to scale up in combat to gain full potential which is much more reasonable since they should be just as dependent on the team in order to scale up as a mage/cleric is to wind up. They also took care of Riftblade/Paladin having too many stuns/snares by removing improved frozen armor, a change i definitely welcome.
Riftstalker/Nightblade seems to have taken the appropriate hit, they plain and simple had far too much mitigation and healing, they synergize better with blade dancer now but at least they will require more skill to play.
Im also glad to see the line of sight alteration to Nysyrs rebuke and the warden alterations.
Anyway on to our changes:
* Consuming Flames: Can no longer be cast on a target under the effect of Purifier's Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.
* Cleansing Flames: Now removes one Poison, Disease, or Curse from up to 10 party or raid members in the target area. Only chooses targets that have an effect to remove.
* Leeching Flames: Reduced duration to 8 seconds.
* Pillaging Stone: The ability description will now correctly update the stats given by this buff as you spend points in Strength of Stone.
* Searing Vitality: Reduced duration to 8 seconds.
By analyzing the data we can see that there were some slight damage improvements to Searing Vitality and Leeching flames. Personally i dont believe this is enough for the Archon tree.
Suggestions for 1.8:
Alter purging flames so purification is also granted the power to cleanse buffs from enemy targets, this would mean that archons will be able to either AoE cleanse/purge or single target cleanse/purge for a greater amount.
Remove swift thoughts and rebalance mental flare with a 2m 45s cooldown.
Replace swift thoughts with a new ability, something like:
Flowing thoughts: Reduces the cooldown on flowing sand by 15/30 seconds.
Then alter flowing sand so that when it is activated it dispels movement impairing effects and increase its base cooldown to 1m.
This will give higher tier Archons the ability to actually escape snares effectively and kite to wind up.
And will also provide other classes with a potential synergy for 6 points in archon to have a movement impairment dispel on a high cooldown, at present all we have is either Wild Abandon which takes a considerable investment into the Chloromancer tree, or Flicker for 11 points into the Pyro tree.
* Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil: Healing in PvP increased by 15%.
* Natural Conversion: Fixed a case where this could be consumed by an existing damage over time effect instead of on the next damaging spell cast.
* Natural Healing: No longer affected by pushback while casting.
* Withering Vine: Now instant cast. Increased duration to 16 seconds.
Can't argue with these changes, seem perfectly reasonable.
* Charged Shield: Will no longer remove your Mage Armor buff if cast on an ally.
* Haunting Pain: Increased duration to 16 seconds.
Also cannot argue.
* Icy Carapace: Increased duration to 16 seconds.
* Ignite: Reduced duration to 8 seconds.
I would have like to have seen more changes to elementalist to be honest.
* Corpse Explosion: Increased duration to 30 seconds.
* Necrosis: Reduced base duration to 10 seconds. Spending points in Flesh Rot now increases the duration of Necrosis by 2-6 seconds, increases base damage by 20-60%, and increases the benefit to Necrosis from Spell Power by 20-60%.
Seem completely reasonable, should improve necromancers nicely, I would like to suggest that Lich form also dispels movement impairing effects in addition to its normal effects, this would really benefit necro's as a whole.
* Fixed some spells granting Charge while Storm Guard is active.
* Forked Lightning: Increased max number of targets this can hit to 8.
The forked lightning changes seem quite reasonable, cloudburst and ice shard are still a little weak though and could use a slight damage increase. Hopefully with the changes to debuff/buff stacking priorities Hypothermia effects wont be overwritten/wiped so easily and this will make stormcallers very useful as a control/AoE class
* Defile: Fixed Defile continuing to consume Charge if it was cleansed from the target.
* Empowered Darkness: Now costs 75 Charge to cast, but no longer consumes Charge or blocks Charge gain while active. Reduced the damage bonus for the Warlock to 70% while Empowered Darkness is active. 15 second maximum duration.
* Life Leech: Reduced base duration to 10 seconds. Spending points in Improved Life Leech now increases the duration of Life Leech by 2-6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20-60%, increases the benefit to Life Leech from Spell Power by 20-60%, and increases the amount healed by 10-30%.
* Sacrifice Life: Damage: Reduced cooldown to 30 seconds and increased the damage bonus granted to 20%.
Excellent warlock changes imo.
Thanks very much for listening!