In my opinion if Civilization started back in Brevane and that land is the origin on Eth and Mathosian then they probably used some sort of warding technology to protect their minds from Crucia's control, however, the side effect of that technology was to completely wipe-out their memory (or really messing it up).
I can imagine something like putting themselves into some sort of sleep "Lithium of Hope" which was warding them from Crucia's mind control and traveling in that state inside vessels they've created and programmed to stop only when they find land capable of sustaining life.
- What's the Lore behind those huge dragon remnants in Shimmersands?
- What's the story behind Auld Warden? (sorry if it's written somewhere, can't remember reading what exactly happened there and how important that tree used to be)
- Why did Alsbeth decide to betray Zareph and Port Scion? I read her lore and she looked noble. We also know she was in love with Zareph so how come she betrayed him? Need to know more about what happened there.
Taken from the official lore:
After King Jostir died, both princes tried to curry her favor in their building conflict. Many believed she would fight for Aedraxis if she took any interest at all in the squabble for succession, but Zareph must have offered her the better prize, for she ended up riding in his honor guard.Still, no evidence exists that Alsbeth worked for Regulos before the very day she doomed Port Scion. Her fall from grace is all the more horrible for being so sudden, all-consuming, and unforgivable.
- Having complete both River of Souls 20man raid and chronicle I think we've managed to stop Alsbeth before she make full use of her "soul capturing" device, however, they were really lucky to find Zareph before we could come back with a raid to destroy her device.
So, was Zareph finally bound to Regulos's will? He fought to give us time to escape so we could gather a raid and return to kill Alsbeth but when we came back there was no sign of him anymore.
Are we going to fight Zareph in Storm Legion?
- What's the lore behind Plutonus? Was he created? If yes, who created him or what kind of race did he belong to?
He also has the title "the Architect", how did he acquire his knowledge to build the Soul-Sypher for Alsbeth?
We fist find him locked in some forsaken tomb with no entrances to it which was filled with similar titanic bodies like Plutonus. The only way in this tomb was a crack on the wall made by the Endless Council who dag dip into DSM in search for the tomb.
We killed him once in DSM dungeon, what happened after this? How did Alsbeth bring him back to "life"?
- What's the Gods' (Vigil) role in the whole story? Why they cannot intervene?
Someone said they might be part of Crucia's plan which would mean Ascension was triggered by some kind of Device the Storm Legion has developed to allow mortals stand against the rest of the dragons but she probably has some counter-plan to prevent us from killing her. Very cool theory but if it's true I guess Guardians will lose their Identity in the game. Unless you are planning to merge Guardians and Defiants in the future!!
Anyway, are the Vigil real Gods in terms of "Creators of the world" or are they some sort of ancient hero's whose souls have formed a "Pantheon" hence they can only indirectly interact with the mortal world?
Do they represent the planes as well? Could each one of them be the "divine" aspect of each plane with the dragons be the "evil" aspect of each of the planes?
- According to your RIFT:Planes of Telara Lore, human were created by the Vigil and civilized by the Elves. Some of them ventured north and became the Mathosians and some of them ventured south and became the Eth. All this process must have taken a while. Then the Bloodstorm came to Telara.
According to your RIFT: Storm Legion Lore, human are first found in Brevane where they developed unimaginable technology with which they opened the dimensional gate "Infinity Gate" and from which the Bloodstorm slipped into our world.
Isn't this controversial?
Even if Brevane people have lost their memories as we assumed in earlier posts that still does not explain why it took the Bloodstorm so long to travel from Brevane to Telara.
In fact, according to SL lore, all of the bloodstorm except Crucia rushed to other lands of our world which means they headed towards telara. How did the Elves managed to civilize human so quickly and human split, travel and establish in both south and north in a matter of, probably, days?
ok, i think i overdid it a little bit but I'm a huge Lore freak so bare with me.
Can't wait to see some of the above questions answered!