This addon is a continuation of the DKPTracker addon, but its name has been changed for two reasons: 1) I am now a part of Rift:Evolve(), and so we want to make our addon names consistent, 2) I like the revRaidLoot better. :P
revRaidLoot is a product of Rift:Evolve()!
This addon helps raid leaders track their different raids and each member in that raid's modifier. Well know raid loot modifiers is DKP/ERGP, but I know that there are many others out there, so I made revRaidLoot flexible for use with any of these systems.
/dkpt is the only command you need, and it will open up the window to manager raid members' DKP/ERGP or whatever other raid loot modifier your raid uses!
I think that is it. If you have any questions, just send me an email ( email@example.com ) or leave a comment. Thank you for trying this out!!
- Another name change. Sorry guys, but this one will stick, I promise!!
- Now a product of Rift:Evolve() addon network
- Allows tracking on non-current raid members
- Allows batch updates on either "main" raid members, or "substitute" raid members, or both
Sword of Telara
What are the plans for export/import features?
What format would you like to be imported/exported? I could probably do a CSV or XML format easily. I am always open for feature suggestions. :P
Originally Posted by Rounded
RIFT Guide Writer
Hey there, I just downloaded your mod and I'm really liking it so far. A couple of questions, suggestions/hopes that I would like to see in this mod to make me absolutely fall in love with it.
Currently doing DKP with a mix of pen and paper and raid dumps, and if a few things could happen with this mod it'd be the only thing I need.
1.) Export options. Possible to have a Notepad export option as well? Also may be shooting too high but what about a google docs export? Like an automatic document posted up in google docs? Like I said that may be shooting too high.
2.) Substitutes adding themselves. Is there a way to make it so you can just /w addsub or something so that people can add themselves to the list? I'm a tank and its hard to manually add these people without trash afking.
3.) I saw you're looking to automatic updates for boss kills. Could you also consider automatic updates on time intervals such as hourly?
Thanks for the mod and your hard work! It is much appreciated!
Last edited by Stippling; 05-22-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Ok. I am working on this actively. Here is the current link to the addon on RiftUI. Remember to check out the list of features and bugs there! I will be adding this addon to Curse as soon as I release the next version.
First, I just found out that file I/O is not possible with the current API, so that will have to wait. I thought about having the user manually do the formatting so that you could put it in, but by the time he/she does that they could have just as easily entered them in manually using the addon UI. What would you think about just a text area/field that you could copy/paste a CSV formatted document into? I would be able to import that pretty easily I think. It just requires a bit more work on the user's part.
Originally Posted by Stippling
Second, this is a feature I plan to implement soon, but not right at this exact moment. Hopefully in the near future.
Third, I think for now I am going to implement the timed DKP ( like you requested ). This should be out soon.
Thanks for the feedback!!
Last edited by avidgamer123; 05-24-2012 at 10:12 AM.
- No name changes this time! :P
- Added the ability to import plain text CSV files from MS Excel!
=> check out the FAQ for revRaidLoot to see how at http://www.riftui.com/portal.php?id=41&a=faq&faqid=4
Now you ask: How do I import a raid from Excel??
Ok, so I use OpenOffice instead of Microsoft products, but this should be the same for everyone else. Here are the steps for uploading raids that are in Excel:
(1) Restructure your Excel sheet ( everything needs to be in the same sheet ) so that every new piece of information creates a new row. The best way to do this correctly, is by just looking at the included image on the addon page.
(2) Save as... to whatever directory/folder you wish, WITH the fine suffix being CSV. Whatever program you are using, it should ask you how it is formatted. The "field delimiter" should be set to the "," (comma) and the "text delimiter" should be set to the " ' " (single quote/apostrophe).
(3) Now go to that file via the file browser, and open it using something like Notepad, or some other plain text editor.
(4) Select all of the text, and then copy it.
(5) Open up RIFT, and type /rrl to open up the main revRaidLoot window.
(6) Right click the "import" button
(7) Paste the text into the text area on the new window that is displayed
(8) Click "Import as CSV"
(9) Now, when you go to the raid select dropdown, on the upper-left of the main window, your new raid(s) should be there for you to load, update, delete, etc.
In the picture at the addon's page (the Excel sheet one), there are several keywords that you MUST have in order for the import to work correctly. They are: "raid_name", "group", "main", and "sub".
"raid_name" must be followed by the name of the raid you are importing
=> eg. HK Raid
"group" must be follwed by the group that will follow in the next lines. Options here are "main" and "sub"
Remember, you must also have a new row for the raid_name, the group, and each member in each group.
Enjoy! Let me know if you have any problems.