This thread used to be the changelog thread, but it's become clear that we need a separate Changelog and Changelog Discussion thread. Since this is where all the discussion has been, this is now officially the Discussion thread. Chat away!
* Added the framework for units. See documentation for Inspect.Unit.Detail(), Inspect.Unit.List(), Inspect.Unit.Lookup(), Event.Unit.Change.Add, Event.Unit.Change.Remove.
* Added events for buffs. See documentation for Event.Buff.Add, Event.Buff.Change, Event.Buff.Remove.
* Addon files will now be passed a single parameter. The parameter is a table, containing two members: "identifier" with the addon's identifier, and "data", which is an empty table that the addon can use for internal purposes. This parameter will be shared between all files in this addon.
* Documentation is now provided for events.
* Removed Event.Addon.Starting, Event.Addon.Shutdown, and Event.Addon.Finalizing. These have been renamed to Event.Addon.Startup.End, Event.Addon.Shutdown.Begin, and Event.Addon.Shutdown.End.
* The result of Inspect.Buff.Detail() will no longer include a .buff member. To determine if something is a buff, check the .debuff member. If it's not a debuff, it must be a buff.
* IDs now have a single-character type identifier as a prefix. Currently this includes 'u'nit, 'b'uff, and 'a'bility.
* Adding more SavedVariables to an addon will no longer force those variables to "nil" on the addon's first run.
* SavedVariables set to "nil" will now actually save "nil"s.
* Event.System.Update.Begin will no longer trigger without a corresponding Event.System.Update.End.
* Frame:SetAlpha() now correctly takes values between 0 and 1.
* Frame:SetParent() will no longer cause events set on that frame to stop working.
* Texture:GetTextureWidth() and Texture:GetTextureHeight() will now be available immediately after loading a texture.