+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: making plat in the xpac

Rift Disciple

Default making plat in the xpac

I keep seeing people, both in game an on the forums, talking about how hard it is to make plat in the new expansion. I figured I would do some math for you all. For ease of use we're going to round down to 7 plat per daily

Ok, so let's log in and do our crafting dailies. We'll assume you have 3 professions plus fishing and survival. that's 35 plat.

Next let's do our portal quests in each zone. For each of these you get (again rounding down) 7 plat for finishing the instance PLUS 7 plat for finishing the daily PLUS an additional 7 plat from the chest at the end of the one in Ashenfell. That's 63 Plat.

We're already up to 98 plat. Per day.

Then we have 3 additional dailies per zone. That's another 84 plat.

Now we're up to 182 plat. Per day.

Don't forget about your dailies from Allitu! We have the "Fragging the Fragments" quest, your daily carnage, and "Notoriety Republic" quests, at 7 plat each. for another 21 plat.

Now we're up to 203 plat. Per day.

Dont forget your daily dungeon and warfront charge. the warfront gives you 11 plat (again rounded down) and we'll say you get 10 plat from a dungeon run (very low estimate).

From dailies alone you can get 224 plat. Per day. Per toon. that's a possible 1,568 plat per week (rounded down, with no patron bonus), per toon.

Over SIX THOUSAND plat per month. Per toon.

Rift Disciple

Thanks bro, I really needed to spend three hours per day per character grinding plat. And be forced to PvP. Or kill invasions with inflated HP just to make content more 'difficult'.

As a rule, don't ever include crafting dailies in plat gain either; you end up using more plat from the materials most of the time than what you get out of it.

It'll also apparently take you about a month to grind out a single fragment to max level at that rate, or about a year to grind out all the fragments that are available now. That's about a thousand hours of 'playtime', and roughly 45 days of non-stop grinding.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-11-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    Thanks bro, I really needed to spend three hours per day per character grinding plat. And be forced to PvP. Or kill invasions with inflated HP just to make content more 'difficult'.

As a rule, don't ever include crafting dailies in plat gain either; you end up using more plat from the materials most of the time than what you get out of it.

It'll also apparently take you about a month to grind out a single fragment to max level at that rate, or about a year to grind out all the fragments that are available now. That's about a thousand hours of 'playtime', and roughly 45 days of non-stop grinding.
    i see. what would be the acceptable amount of grinding for each piece of BiS gear acquired?

Rift Disciple

If you don't mind the brain dead activity of running the same thing over and over for an hour ...

You could get a friend to run random chronicles with you, really just need them to queue with you. (Each person will get same amount of plat regardless of one or two doing it, two may just make it faster.)

Did this the other day and got Rhen of Fate every time (7 in a row). Each boss gives roughly 7 plat on hard mode plus a piece of vendor loot of estimated 2 plat value. So 9 plat per boss times 4 bosses ... Or 36 plat per run. I did this for about an hour and made about 200 plat. (Rounding down on my actual runs because I'm patron and get a small bonus.)

Not as good as the old raids, buy I could do it in my limited casual time.

Rift Disciple

Or put on some zen music, go about and gather materials for an hour after work, break down everything you get as you do your normal quests, and sell it on the AH while you are sleeping.

That's my way of making plat in SFP. That and getting my crafting friends to make me weapons with my mats, and then selling them.

Champion

The 2-3 hours of dailies nonsense is one of the main reasons I quit WoW. The fact that I'm expected to do it in SFP to be able to afford to play fragment roulette is just another reason I've lost faith in this game and will probably quit sooner than later.

Like seriously, who wants to spend 2 hours a day on dailies? Some people don't even HAVE 2 hours of free time in a day. "Whelp, just grinded all my dailies, what a blast! Time to log off and do the same thing tomorrow!" -no one ever

Why trion doesn't just make the more engaging content (planar assaults, dungeons, wfs, eventually raids) yield large amounts of plat is beyond me. Being able to obtain sustainable amounts of plat by doing content you want to do is a crazy concept I guess

Just updated the guide again.
    http://www.riftraids.com/platinum-in-rift.html

Another thing you can do if you're good at completely mindless grinding is PAA's. I haven't spent the time to calculate it out 100% but each rift closed gives about 2-3 plat. Bosses give a bit more I believe. Once I do the calculations I'll either add it or say why the effort isn't worth it.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Alts should never be required to make acceptable plat or gear gains. A player playing one toon 24/7 should be able to stay within a reasonable frame of a player playing 5 toons 24/7.

I hope you realize in your example OP you're basically saying

"guys if you play 5 toons and do EVERYTHING, on those 5 toons, you can make enough plat to gear up ONE of those five toons...... in a year.

Also what if someone doesn't have 5 max level toons? Are you honestly telling me everyone playing this game should be expected to level at least five toons to max? Really?

Last edited by Orochan; 12-12-2016 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Rift Disciple

Hep, I can't see PAAs being worth it. Even if you round up to 3 plat per Rift and average a LOW 2 minutes per Rift (might be that I just get slow groups, but usually it's more than this) ... That's at best 90 plat per hour. Granted, this can be done as long as you want. All I see is this turning into a bot farm. You ever think afk'ers were bad in WF's ... Think how this will turn out.

Just doesn't seem worth to me, even at best case scenario.

Best to stick with dailies and material farming ... Although I agree with other post about dailies, they are just another thing that drove me away from WoW.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    Ok, so let's log in and do our crafting dailies. We'll assume you have 3 professions plus fishing and survival. that's 35 plat.
    Unless you have a sugar daddy gifting you mats every day, you have left out some additional farming time there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Alts should never be required to make acceptable plat or gear gains. A player playing one toon 24/7 should be able to stay within a reasonable frame of a player playing 5 toons 24/7.

I hope you realize in your example OP you're basically saying

"guys if you play 5 toons and do EVERYTHING, on those 5 toons, you can make enough plat to gear up ONE of those five toons...... in a year.

Also what if someone doesn't have 5 max level toons? Are you honestly telling me everyone playing this game should be expected to level at least five toons to max? Really?

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...io-ad-Absurdum

The only absurd thing here is your OP.

You listed every available PvE/crafting/PvP daily and then said "if you do all of these on every max char you have, you can make plat"

People have already posted how you're factually wrong on the crafting dailies, while I and others have posted on how it's bad game design to require players to play multiple toons just to stay afloat.

But go ahead, keep posting links to things you googled to look smart.

Thread pretty much ended the moment you said crafting but didn't factor in material cost. like LOLWUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Quote Originally Posted by Chops13 View Post
    Hep, I can't see PAAs being worth it. Even if you round up to 3 plat per Rift and average a LOW 2 minutes per Rift (might be that I just get slow groups, but usually it's more than this) ... That's at best 90 plat per hour. Granted, this can be done as long as you want. All I see is this turning into a bot farm. You ever think afk'ers were bad in WF's ... Think how this will turn out.

Just doesn't seem worth to me, even at best case scenario.

Best to stick with dailies and material farming ... Although I agree with other post about dailies, they are just another thing that drove me away from WoW.
    Like I said. I need to do some good time vs. plat calculations on it. I usually don't stay too long. Other things going on. It may be more. May be accurate. 90P is pretty low. You'd do better farming herbs in eastern Scatheran. Heck, PLing someone (If you can call it that now, lol.) through Gyel gives you better plat per hour. (Something else I need to math out.)
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

and then said "if you do all of these on every max char you have, you can make plat"
    no i didnt.

Rift Disciple

People have already posted how you're factually wrong on the crafting dailies, while I and others have posted on how it's bad game design to require players to play multiple toons just to stay afloat.
    yeah youre right. i rounded down literally everything in the post, but please forgive my oversight on the 2 plat you have to spend on reagents per crafting daily. for a total of 10 plat per day, for 300 plat per month. so now you can *only* get 5700 plat per month. (again: severely rounded down)

also: my entire posts math is for one toon, how you keep on harping about i said you have to do all this on all your toons is beyond me. i didnt say that or even imply it. 6000 plat a month seems like more than enough to me.. and way more than you could make running those old raids...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast