+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: making plat in the xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    You need 1) some serious luck each day, 2) hours of doing minions, or 3) botting to get all the dailies done. Then you still have to pay for reagents.
    I have none of the above, I farm little, and have such a surplus that my guild bank is slowly filling up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I have none of the above, I farm little, and have such a surplus that my guild bank is slowly filling up.
    You want to send me some of those Tenebrean Eels then?~
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

You want to send me some of those Tenebrean Eels then?~
    Lyrine is a

confirmed

Rift Disciple

I am a... Lamprey? I see...
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

I am a... Lamprey? I see...
    A fish sucker

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Time frame? Within the scope of your write up, you put in 0 time for farming mats ever. Unless you assume that the mats got to you magically, there is time involved in gathering them.

Or you are starting off with an unlimited daily supply of things you get plat with. In which case why not cut out the middleman and assume you start with the plat already and say there is 0 grind time?

Maybe the mats come from the same place your hypothetical player is getting an infinite number of marks of notoriety without ever having to do 5 events a day.
    once again: i didnt put it how long it would take to do it... i simply said it could be done once per day. i'm not sure where you thought i said anything remotely like "simple instant plat" but it's not there. so saying that i "forgot to add time for farming mats" is a non statement. of course you need to farm mats. of course you need to get marks of notoriety. i have no clue where you came up with the idea that i even implied you wouldnt have to do those things... but it's not there.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    once again: i didnt put it how long it would take to do it... i simply said it could be done once per day. i'm not sure where you thought i said anything remotely like "simple instant plat" but it's not there. so saying that i "forgot to add time for farming mats" is a non statement. of course you need to farm mats. of course you need to get marks of notoriety. i have no clue where you came up with the idea that i even implied you wouldnt have to do those things... but it's not there.
    I will give you 10,000 plat once per day.

But I need you to send me 50,000 plat worth of mats.

Look! You can make 10,000 plat per day! Let us ignore the acquisition of the mats because we are only saying what you can make "per day!"
    Last edited by archcomponent; 12-12-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Plane Walker

Let us make this clear. "Per day" is not a real thing.

What is real is how many minutes and hours you spend behind the keyboard and how much plat you accrue.

If you give me 30 hours of "per day" activities, they are meaningless. If you give me a bunch of nonsense "per day" activities that have a lower return than something else I could do in plat per minute, they are counterproductive.

People do not spend "per day"s at the keyboard. They spend time. If "per day" activities allow for the accumulation of plat a faster rate than others, that is their relevance. If they require materials that could have been used to generate plat, the net gain is lessened. If they require prerequisite activities that take time, the gain per minute is decreased.

If someone asks you how much you grind each day and you answer "per day", you just sound silly.

Rift Disciple

I will give you 10,000 plat once per day.

But I need you to send me 50,000 plat worth of mats.

Look! You can make 10,000 plat per day! Let us ignore the acquisition of the mats because we are only saying what you can make "per day!"
    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...io-ad-Absurdum

Rift Disciple

Let us make this clear. "Per day" is not a real thing.

What is real is how many minutes and hours you spend behind the keyboard and how much plat you accrue.

If you give me 30 hours of "per day" activities, they are meaningless. If you give me a bunch of nonsense "per day" activities that have a lower return than something else I could do in plat per minute, they are counterproductive.

People do not spend "per day"s at the keyboard. They spend time. If "per day" activities allow for the accumulation of plat a faster rate than others, that is their relevance. If they require materials that could have been used to generate plat, the net gain is lessened. If they require prerequisite activities that take time, the gain per minute is decreased.

If someone asks you how much you grind each day and you answer "per day", you just sound silly.
    look guy... your dailies are once per day. i made a post adding up how much plat you can make doing your dailies.... that's right: once per day. i didnt make a "HOW TO GRIND PLAT THE FASTEST IN THE GAME" post. i made a post showing how much plat you can make PER day by doing your dailies which are available once PER DAY. i didnt include any sort of timeline for how long it would take you to do your dailies (which are available ONCE PER DAY) i simply added up the rewards. that you can get from your dailies. which you do ONCE PER DAY.

im sorry that you decided my post was about whatever subject youre harping on... but it is actually about how much plat you can make by doing your dailies.

which are available:

once.

per.

day.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Why trion doesn't just make the more engaging content (planar assaults, dungeons, wfs, eventually raids) yield large amounts of plat is beyond me. Being able to obtain sustainable amounts of plat by doing content you want to do is a crazy concept I guess
    Exactly. The point of the matter is that current and engaging content should be a main source of plat. Yes, you can spend several hours per day running around doing the same daily quests over and over again, but you should not feel forced to do that as the only way to obtain plat. There should be other options that pertain to the expansion, like the ones Boxsmith mentioned. I also don't want Trion looking at the metrics and thinking that players "enjoy" doing dailies because the numbers show players are grinding them when they are only doing them because it's the only way.

Perhaps you should have acknowledged if your opening post that you see this as one way of making plat and that hopefully there will be other options in the future that isn't just a dailies grind. If that was what you were getting at, of course.
    Last edited by Sequinx; 12-12-2016 at 02:55 PM.
    Sequinx@Hailol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3