+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: making plat in the xpac

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Unless you have a sugar daddy gifting you mats every day, you have left out some additional farming time there.
    ... i didn't put in a time frame...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    It's not nice to lie ya know.
    i'm sorry that you think pointing out you can make this amount on different toons is the same thing as saying "you HAVE to do this on EVERY toon in order to be viable."

Plane Walker

Alts or not, we're losing sight of the fact that either way, we aren't making enough plat to cover all the costs being thrown at us unless we grind dailies for several hours a day. That's dumb. Like, "why are we even still playing this game?" dumb. I'm still having fun leveling up my alts and figuring out all the new specs and variants, but I imagine that won't last forever.

Here's the REAL challenge for OP: devise a way to make plat that DOESN'T involve grinding out dailies or grinding old chronicles on repeat.

.....he can't because it doesn't exist. 10/10 flawless game design

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Alts or not, we're losing sight of the fact that either way, we aren't making enough plat to cover all the costs being thrown at us unless we grind dailies for several hours a day. That's dumb. Like, "why are we even still playing this game?" dumb. I'm still having fun leveling up my alts and figuring out all the new specs and variants, but I imagine that won't last forever.

Here's the REAL challenge for OP: devise a way to make plat that DOESN'T involve grinding out dailies or grinding old chronicles on repeat.

.....he can't because it doesn't exist. 10/10 flawless game design

i'm confused as to why people are taking this post as a personal insult. what mmo do you make money WITHOUT doing some type of dailies or farming mats to sell or some other repetitive type task??? as far as the "taking to long to gear up" complaint i keep seeing... i'll point out (once again) that they REPEATEDLY emphasized that it was going to take a LONG time to fully upgrade a piece of gear or to become fully geared in the new expansion. I'm sorry if you don't like that... but they *are* doing what they said they were going to do.

and the "not enough content" diatribe is old already. yeah. we know. we've heard it. we play the game too so we're experiencing it. but to watch people sit in 65 chat and talk about they cant make plat AND there is nothing to do... well you *can* make plat AND it will give you something to do until more content gets released...

but i guess people just want to log in and have everything given to them instead of actually playing the game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Just updated the guide again.
    http://www.riftraids.com/platinum-in-rift.html

Another thing you can do if you're good at completely mindless grinding is PAA's. I haven't spent the time to calculate it out 100% but each rift closed gives about 2-3 plat. Bosses give a bit more I believe. Once I do the calculations I'll either add it or say why the effort isn't worth it.
    thanks for the line drop i feel special that you noticed my post :P

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    Next let's do our portal quests in each zone. For each of these you get (again rounding down) 7 plat for finishing the instance PLUS 7 plat for finishing the daily PLUS an additional 7 plat from the chest at the end of the one in Ashenfell. That's 63 Plat.
    FYI, you actually get 3x 7ish for each of the portal dailies, not just Ashenfell. The other three give plat for the last kill, plat for the in-instance quest completion, and plat for the actual quest turn-in.

Plane Walker

i'm confused as to why people are taking this post as a personal insult. what mmo do you make money WITHOUT doing some type of dailies or farming mats to sell or some other repetitive type task??? as far as the "taking to long to gear up" complaint i keep seeing... i'll point out (once again) that they REPEATEDLY emphasized that it was going to take a LONG time to fully upgrade a piece of gear or to become fully geared in the new expansion. I'm sorry if you don't like that... but they *are* doing what they said they were going to do.

and the "not enough content" diatribe is old already. yeah. we know. we've heard it. we play the game too so we're experiencing it. but to watch people sit in 65 chat and talk about they cant make plat AND there is nothing to do... well you *can* make plat AND it will give you something to do until more content gets released...

but i guess people just want to log in and have everything given to them instead of actually playing the game.
    The key difference now between other MMOs and this one is that you need a massive, massive amount of in game currency to upgrade your gear (fragments). Can you imagine needing tens (probably closer to hundreds assuming inflation) of thousands of gold to upgrade your armor that already dropped from bosses in WoW? And if that is a thing now, I apologize as I have not touched that game in many years.

And honestly, WoW notwithstanding, how are those MMOs, rift included, doing right now? I'm not saying dailies are the reason MMOs are in their death throws, but I'm sure they aren't helping. Maybe the industry should take the hint that nobody likes dailies, and rift trying to build an economy around doing them is just the pinnacle of absurdity.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ilmoran View Post
    FYI, you actually get 3x 7ish for each of the portal dailies, not just Ashenfell. The other three give plat for the last kill, plat for the in-instance quest completion, and plat for the actual quest turn-in.
    oh, awesome thanks for the heads up

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    The key difference now between other MMOs and this one is that you need a massive, massive amount of in game currency to upgrade your gear (fragments). Can you imagine needing tens (probably closer to hundreds assuming inflation) of thousands of gold to upgrade your armor that already dropped from bosses in WoW? And if that is a thing now, I apologize as I have not touched that game in many years.

And honestly, WoW notwithstanding, how are those MMOs, rift included, doing right now? I'm not saying dailies are the reason MMOs are in their death throws, but I'm sure they aren't helping. Maybe the industry should take the hint that nobody likes dailies, and rift trying to build an economy around doing them is just the pinnacle of absurdity.
    in my opinion: giving away plat by allowing the old raids to be farmed for so long did more to hurt than in game economy and spoil the player base than anything else.

Plane Walker

... i didn't put in a time frame...
    Time frame? Within the scope of your write up, you put in 0 time for farming mats ever. Unless you assume that the mats got to you magically, there is time involved in gathering them.

Or you are starting off with an unlimited daily supply of things you get plat with. In which case why not cut out the middleman and assume you start with the plat already and say there is 0 grind time?

Maybe the mats come from the same place your hypothetical player is getting an infinite number of marks of notoriety without ever having to do 5 events a day.
    Last edited by archcomponent; 12-12-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Plane Walker

in my opinion: giving away plat by allowing the old raids to be farmed for so long did more to hurt than in game economy and spoil the player base than anything else.
    I don't think vanilla raid farming was necessarily worse than the meta we're seeing now (and I think that, as interest in dailies diminishes we're going to REALLY start to see the effects on the economy as a whole), but it wasn't a good solution either, I'll acknowledge that.

Still, there needs to be some other means of getting plat if we're to buy into these crazy fragment costs.

Rift Disciple

If I wanted to play daily farmer I'd go back to my Blade and Soul account. At least they had regular release of 'challenging' content, though the gold grind is even more brutal than it is here.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Unless you assume that the mats got to you magically, there is time involved in gathering them.
    They do. It's called minions and they generally cover crafting dailies.

Ignore the fragment costs. The current content does not warrant a need to concern yourself with it. Chillax.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    They do. It's called minions and they generally cover crafting dailies.
    You need 1) some serious luck each day, 2) hours of doing minions, or 3) botting to get all the dailies done. Then you still have to pay for reagents.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast