+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Civ
  • 1 Post By Kerbion

Thread: Please make improvements to mobile app

Civ

Default Please make improvements to mobile app

The mobile app is very handy for remote communication, however I am running into several road blocks that I would love some attention given to in future versions as soon as possible.

1. There seems to be a bug when two people first add each other to friends for the first day or two only the mobile person may chat with the non-mobile person. The non-mobile person is unable to reach the mobile.

2. The ability to add friends or whisper people who are not in guild or on friends list would be very helpful. Often meeting new people and the ability to communicate with them is a critical aspect of guild management. The inability to talk to these new people is frustrating.

Those first two are the most critical.... after that my wish list would include

- access to 60 and other public chats
    - access to auction house
    Civ, 60 Cleric
    Everlasting Vendetta
    Defiant Guild on Graybriar

Rift Disciple

I agree 100% with this.

Mostly we should be able to access our auctions. This app was obviously inspired by WoW's mobile app so lets get some of the same functionality. I would like to at least see what auctions have sold. The app is stagnant it's time for an update. I mean heck I barely even use it now because none of the scratch offs are really even worth the long load times.

Yep, I only use it for the artifact scratcher on the off chance I can get something rare. Nothing else is worth it.

Shadowlander

I would actually like to see very limited crafting on the app. I would love to make a couple of items while on my lunch break at work. Maybe have a seperate teeny bank with items you have to stock while in regular game, that you can then use to craft with.

The app really does need some love. :C

Ascendant

My #1 issue with the mobile app is that the push notifications for zone events simply doesn't work. I have set, reset, set again, set once more and set, set, set notifications for zone events and have never once received a notification that that zone event has started. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Telaran

I concur about the Event push notifications, I haven't gotten a single one when I set them up.

On a side note, has anyone EVER received a push notification when getting a tell from a player that was online when you were mobile?

Occasionally, I get tells when on mobile, but I have to log into the program and find them by searching my friends list for little numbers by their names. ONCE, I actually had a push notification in my Samsung Galaxy telling me that rift had a message and what it was without having to open the program. I'd love it if I could do that all the time. Anyone know how to set that up?

Rift Disciple

I am just sick and tired of SILENCE about this.

The mobile app devs need to COMMUNICATE with us...

So how about it Trion, can we get some info on what's happening with this almost year and a half old app that has had NO changes or improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbion View Post
    I am just sick and tired of SILENCE about this.

The mobile app devs need to COMMUNICATE with us...

So how about it Trion, can we get some info on what's happening with this almost year and a half old app that has had NO changes or improvements?
    It has been over 6 months since anyone at Trion spoke in this forum and the network issue that brought out Elrar had been the first time in over 6 months anyone from Trion spoke in this forum. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3985722

Effectively making 1 issue spoken of in over a year. Based upon that information alone I have surmised there is no dev on the mobile app. I may be wrong, but no improvement or changes in over a year on a 'beta' product suggests development has long since stopped.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbion View Post
    I mean heck I barely even use it now because none of the scratch offs are really even worth the long load times.
    god, i gave up on that a LONG time ago....id go thru 4 days worth of cards aside from time spent sleeping, and get MAYBE 2 winning lines

The ap needs a lot of work... And it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Volume: My phone muted and its still going off super loud when I win something.

Contacts: I have 36 messages... I don't know how, as there's only two people online, and one of them is my alt. And no one has said anything to me.

Load times: Horrible. I think I got another scratch card play, from waiting so much, while trying to play my original 6 tokens.

Soulwalker

Default app upgrade

Hi Trion Worlds
    I strongly recommend that you start spending money on upgrading your mobile app. At the moment load times for the lootables are not good. I do like the idea of scratching for loot. The future of mmos will be integration of pc and mobile technology. The app needs to have access to the auction house and the ability to craft items. I would also suggest that you implement a mafia wars type of game for the app. You could set it up so people could buy energy refills from the online store aswell as boosts. players who pay the subscription would benefit from energy refueling quicker and more exp gained.If this was linked through Facebook you would also gain from all the advertising through players requesting help with special group quests. Just giving you some ideas as I wish you to succeed. If you don't act quick other other games will take the market share away from you. (that you could have)

+ Reply to Thread